:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Love Taza | Rockstar Diaries
December 17, 2014
10:59 pm
HopefulSkeptic
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 456
Snarking Since:
November 10, 2011

cocobean1109 said

trampy walrus said

ridin derpy fka Becky Leeman said

cocobean1109 said
So, I think they knew this baby was a boy all along, but just played up the "surprise" for the blog. Naomi never seemed excited about this pregnancy unless she could cradle her bump in a photo. I think she was really disappointed this one was a boy.

I am good friends with someone who used to be good friends with a major mommy blogger (who is much-talked about in this forum) and my friend told me that when this particular mommy blogger found out she was having a boy she got so upset she cried and her and her husband got into a fight and didn't speak for DAYS. Of course, her blog was all "we couldn't be more excited for this new little boy", but apparently behind the scenes she was majorly upset it wasn't a girl.

Not to say that she doesn't love her kid now, but I get the feeling the Derps were hoping for another little girl…probably so they didn't have to come up with a middle name.

Kelle Hampton?  hijacked

That's my guess but it could seriously be any of these mommy bloggers. Selfish, shallow lot.

I don't really want to say who it was because I don't want to call out the mutual friend who told me (I have no idea how many people knew this info about the fight), but I will say that it's a big-time mommy-blogger with multiple kids who *usually* stays on the first page of this forum.

I feel like both Emily of Daily Garnish & Bridget Hunt each seemed disappointed about their 2nd boys.  I also think Joanna Goddard was disappointed too (but she's a lifestyle blogger).   Nat the fat rat will also be MAJORLY secretly upset if she gets pregnant again & it's not a girl.  Jeez……poor little boys.  It's like it's fine to have a boy first, but heaven forbid the 2nd one is too. (cause then you have to think about a 3rd and risk the 3rd one not being a girl ??) 

December 17, 2014
11:01 pm
CEO OF MY FAMILY
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 718
Snarking Since:
February 20, 2014

Selina Meyer said

Demonstrable Aptitude said

derp whisperer said

Respect wh*re Derbs said
Maybe she's going to go all out with the Christmas baby and name the latest cash cow Rudolph.

Ha! "i have always loved the russian dancer Rudolf Nureyev, and since this little boy of ours was a christmas baby, the name just seemed perfect to us ;) eleanor and samson already love their baby brother 'wudy' so much. it sure does melt my mama heart."

I'm going to be a dick and say they didn't have a Christmas baby. They were close to having a Hanukkah baby at most. They also didn't have a winter baby. Again, I'm being a b***h but only because my was going to call my eldest brother Autumn if he was a girl and I'd have preferred that name but,as my mom said "I couldn't name you Autumn when you were born in the winter."

I know an Autumn born on December 8th. She was two weeks overdue. hijacked

I was born on December 8th. Winter begins December 22. I need to get out of this thread and just be grateful that my parents didn't name me something off the wall like Chair or whatever. 

LOL this makes me laugh. My huscat wanted to name our son August, even though baby was going to be born the month before.

but, I am sticking with 'Frederick' for this new Davis one.

December 17, 2014
11:09 pm
Kirsten Larson
Feline Porklord
Meows: 3852
Snarking Since:
April 18, 2013

brave + true is what said

Unexpected Sunset said

brave + true is what said

Takanori Gomi said
I'm going to guess Gabriel for the name. New initial, fits with their OMGChristmas baby. Might be too popular for them though…..

My guess is Joseph. Vaguely Nativity-themed, old fashioned, etc. 

Joseph is only "vaguely Nativity themed?"  idontknowdance

Ha, I'm Jewish and my grandfather was Joseph, so I always figured he couldn't be THAT important of a Bible figure (kind of like how Jews don't tend to name their kids Christopher/Christina). 

You're talking about a different Joseph. Christians refer to Mary&Joseph, Jews name their kids after the Joseph that was thrown into a pit because his brothers were jealous of his fiiiine coat and then somehow transitioned from a slave to Prince of Egypt.

Source: am Jewish hi-103

OMG, Bible fail! I suck. Good thing I'm not lighting Chanukah candles this year — I don't deserve them!! 

December 17, 2014
11:24 pm
Another Sponsored Post
Cat
Meows: 25
Snarking Since:
September 19, 2013

I feel like both Emily of Daily Garnish & Bridget Hunt each seemed disappointed about their 2nd boys.  I also think Joanna Goddard was disappointed too (but she's a lifestyle blogger).   Nat the fat rat will also be MAJORLY secretly upset if she gets pregnant again & it's not a girl.  Jeez……poor little boys.  It's like it's fine to have a boy first, but heaven forbid the 2nd one is too. (cause then you have to think about a 3rd and risk the 3rd one not being a girl ??) 

Coming out of lurkdum to say, is it really so bad to be disappointed a little bit initially about the gender of your child? I'm not a parent so maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about, but I could definitely imagine being a little disappointed one way or the other. That doesn't mean I'd love the child any less, but I think hoping for/imagining a certain family dynamic would be very normal. plus, aren't you super hormonal during pregnancy. I'd probably cry over missing a green light.

I don't know, every time a parent says, "We just want a healthy baby" I can't help but think they're full of shit. But that's just me.

Back to lurking! chair

December 17, 2014
11:45 pm
so much ham
Feline Porklord
Meows: 4795
Snarking Since:
July 9, 2012

Another Sponsored Post said

Coming out of lurkdum to say, is it really so bad to be disappointed a little bit initially about the gender of your child? I'm not a parent so maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about, but I could definitely imagine being a little disappointed one way or the other. That doesn't mean I'd love the child any less, but I think hoping for/imagining a certain family dynamic would be very normal. plus, aren't you super hormonal during pregnancy. I'd probably cry over missing a green light.

I don't know, every time a parent says, "We just want a healthy baby" I can't help but think they're full of shit. But that's just me.

Back to lurking! chair

It seems to be fairly common, but that doesn't make it normal or not wrong. Not every feeling we experience is okay. When you decide to have a child you're flipping a coin on the sex and you should be delighted which ever way it lands. If you aren't you need to get it together and rise above those feelings. Not have a temper tantrum where you don't talk to your husband for days.

December 18, 2014
12:15 am
RESPECT Teal tube of human cookie dough
MEOWGOD
Meows: 13284
Snarking Since:
April 11, 2012

PayLayAle said

cocobean1109 said

trampy walrus said

ridin derpy fka Becky Leeman said

cocobean1109 said
So, I think they knew this baby was a boy all along, but just played up the "surprise" for the blog. Naomi never seemed excited about this pregnancy unless she could cradle her bump in a photo. I think she was really disappointed this one was a boy.

I am good friends with someone who used to be good friends with a major mommy blogger (who is much-talked about in this forum) and my friend told me that when this particular mommy blogger found out she was having a boy she got so upset she cried and her and her husband got into a fight and didn't speak for DAYS. Of course, her blog was all "we couldn't be more excited for this new little boy", but apparently behind the scenes she was majorly upset it wasn't a girl.

Not to say that she doesn't love her kid now, but I get the feeling the Derps were hoping for another little girl…probably so they didn't have to come up with a middle name.

Kelle Hampton?  hijacked

That's my guess but it could seriously be any of these mommy bloggers. Selfish, shallow lot.

I don't really want to say who it was because I don't want to call out the mutual friend who told me (I have no idea how many people knew this info about the fight), but I will say that it's a big-time mommy-blogger with multiple kids who *usually* stays on the first page of this forum.

I vote for Kelle Hampton or maybe Monica Bielanko.  

December 18, 2014
12:24 am
Alice
Hi Im Alice And Ill Be Your GOMI Admin Today
Meows: 14970
Snarking Since:
September 3, 2008

Honestly if you are that set on a particular sex that you have an emotional breakdown when you don't get what you want, you need to head to the clinic and have them spin the sperm and only implant girl (or boy) embryos. Playing flip-a-coin with a life you may not be 100% sure you want if it's not the sex you choose is not a way to become a parent. Spare your future kids years of sensing your disappointment and just do IVF sex selection ffs.

~ you and people like you ~
December 18, 2014
1:03 am
burstpipes
Feline Porklord
Meows: 3552
Snarking Since:
February 8, 2014

Another Sponsored Post said 

Back to lurking! chair

Maybe my huscat and I are weird, but we said that each of three times, and we meant it : ) . We didn't find out the gender until each baby was born, because I had to have something to look forward to after 40 weeks of nausea, heartburn, and a bladder the size of a pea. We have boy, girl, boy. "What to Expect When You're Expecting" got me so scared and nervous that I was delighted to have three uneventful pregnancies, births, and cute babies. I also have friends, family, and acquaintances who over the years endured everything from miscarriage, infertility, stillbirth, and other friends whose baby died at age one of a rare disease after spending most of her short life in the hospital, so while I knew that complications are rare, they are still a very real possibility for some possibilities. I have just a sister, and I was a bit nervous about having a boy because I figured I didn't know anything about boys. It turns out, I didn't know anything about baby girls either, and it was a steep learning curve either way!

The kids are all teens now, and if there's one thing I've learned, it's that hoping one thing when they're little doesn't translate into reality later : ) .  If I had hoped for a tomboy, my daughter would have been a girly girl, and if I'd hoped for a girly girl, she'd have been a tomboy. Plus baby #1 was different from #2 who was different from #3. You can have all sorts of ideas and hopes, but each child has his or her own personality, and if you're not a controlling mommy blogger and are willing to let them grow and develop naturally, it's a fascinating journey. My kids are three tremendous people know, with all sorts of interests and abilities — most of which I had nothing to do with and know little about. 

And other people — oy. When we were first married, everyone kept asking, "What's taking you two so long?" After baby #1 was born, they said, "Aren't you going to give him a sister?" And when I got pregnant with #3, they asked, "Don't you know what causes that?" I just started answering, "Yes, and we like it, a lot, and in a variety of positions."

December 18, 2014
1:06 am
burstpipes
Feline Porklord
Meows: 3552
Snarking Since:
February 8, 2014

burstpipes said 

My kids are three tremendous people know 

Eep, that should be "now"…

December 18, 2014
1:45 am
Oceanic Levels of Salinity
Hamcat
Meows: 156
Snarking Since:
July 23, 2013

burstpipes said

And other people — oy. When we were first married, everyone kept asking, "What's taking you two so long?" After baby #1 was born, they said, "Aren't you going to give him a sister?" And when I got pregnant with #3, they asked, "Don't you know what causes that?" I just started answering, "Yes, and we like it, a lot, and in a variety of positions."

Oy indeed. We made people wait 7 years. In fact, I suspect half our family secretly gave up on us having children period. 

I'm in the camp of not having #3 unless it's a true accidental pregnancy, because I wanted a boy the first time around, got a girl, and took me a couple of weeks to get over the disappointment, and decided to have a second while utterly convinced it was gonna be another girl, and when I found out it was a boy I was like "… But I didn't want one this time". #3 would probably have to be a green hermaphrodite to make mom happy instantaneously, and that's just too much pressure to put on anybody.

~~~~~~~~~~~ Once a cat lady, always a cat lady.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
December 18, 2014
3:20 am
English Butcher Shop

Alice said
Honestly if you are that set on a particular sex that you have an emotional breakdown when you don't get what you want, you need to head to the clinic and have them spin the sperm and only implant girl (or boy) embryos. Playing flip-a-coin with a life you may not be 100% sure you want if it's not the sex you choose is not a way to become a parent. Spare your future kids years of sensing your disappointment and just do IVF sex selection ffs.

Ooh that's not legal in Australia. I guess it must be in the US.

December 18, 2014
7:00 am
Morgendorffer
Cat
Meows: 35
Snarking Since:
July 10, 2013

New mom over here!

I've been super embarrassingly in love with the PERSON my child is since that second pink line. It seems awful to me to think about a pregnant lady feeling those tiny kicks and wiggles inside, being the special keeper of this new person, and tbeing disappointed to find out the kid's sex either way. Then again, I don't make mega moolah posting pictures of my kids with various clothes/accessories/food/cleaning supplies so I don't understand that prerogative.

And this was mentioned earlier, but I hate that people think you need kids of both sexes to complete a family. As soon as we had our daughter people were all over us with "now you have to give her a brother!" My hubs, an awesome dude, actually snapped at a stranger to the tune of "how dare you insult my daughter by implying we need a son to be complete!"

December 18, 2014
8:12 am
katmess
Cat
Meows: 24
Snarking Since:
February 25, 2012

Baby is Conrad Rex!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.