:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Mix and Match Mama/Shay Shull
January 11, 2017
8:36 am
birdistheword
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 632
Snarking Since:
November 19, 2013

Of course she does it all – but it was interesting to read the comments and see that many dear readers are not asking "what" she does to be intentional but "how".  In other words they want to know exactly how she does it all…. maybe they are finally scratching their head and saying this is all a perfectly crafted picture and not real life. 

Also I have to get up at 4:10 to be her size, I'll stick with being chubby.  I value my sanity and lack of sleep is the quickest way to see me lose my marbles. 

January 11, 2017
9:15 am
working out on the stairmill, admiring myself
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 805
Snarking Since:
December 27, 2014

Today's post was everything that I thought it would be. Shay really struggled to find resolutions (being intentional when looking at social media, what?) and even within them made sure that the reader knew that she is already doing all of these things, but is just taking them to the next level. It was the self-congratulatory drivel that I thought it would be. Listing all the things that she does in a day and then saying that she is able to be awesome at all of them because she is organized? Well, I am organized too but I know when to put away the to do list and enjoy my downtime. She really does barrel through life, not stopping to enjoy or appreciate anything. Please, fangirls, if you find your way to Gomi and are reading this, that is no way to live. 

I majored in Christmas meowed

BrucePatmansPorche meowed

I think Shay posts about Madeley being small, language and developmentally delayed because none of those things can be blamed on Shay.  Rather, they can be "blamed" on the orphanage or health care M may or may not have received or any number of other things.  I also have adopted children and her "everything is perfect" adoption posts are sweet enough but they're just not realistic.  At all. 

I agree with you.
I wonder what the best way would be to blog about adopted children without jeopardizing the child's privacy too much, by giving away the real problems and struggles, the way they are realistically. I mean, aside from the point that these kids and other blogger's kids don't have much privacy to start with.

I agree that this isn't a very realistic picture that is being painted, and that can be irresponsible, giving readers the idea that it is for the most part all roses and sunshine. But how far can you describe the reality without divulging too many private things for the child's sake?

I have wondered that too, the internet is a permanent record and it is not fair to the children to list their struggles and problems. It is a fine line to walk definitely. And I do believe that Shay loves them very much, I have never doubted that. It is tricky to blog about their adoptions, while respecting their privacy.

January 11, 2017
9:20 am
mamaL
Kitten
Meows: 2
Snarking Since:
January 11, 2017

Long time reader but first time poster.  My sister is adopting and the workshops they've attended place a huge emphasis on the fact that details surrounding the child's birth family, circumstances, etc. should remain private as this is the child's story to tell.  The child deserves the right to decide who they share their story with.  Shay has been particularly open about certain details such as Ashby being found "abandoned".

Maybe these details aren't something Ashby would want the entire world to know.  It is bothersome and disturbing to me that the right for her to decide who knows her story was taken from her.

January 11, 2017
9:40 am
Shopgrl
Hamcat
Meows: 55
Snarking Since:
June 29, 2016

Today's post was ridiculous. It was just an excuse to congratulate herself on everything she does in a day. I wonder if she'd drop the act and be human for a minute if she got drunk, or whether it's so deeply engrained in her that she can't stop. eek

January 11, 2017
10:17 am
Worst screen name ever
Hamcat
Meows: 130
Snarking Since:
August 19, 2013

holy **** her post today was ridiculous.  It was all about how she is really, really good at everything, but now she is going to be even better!  And when she lists everything she does… blogger, cookbook writer, mother, etc. vomit entered my mouth. the only thing she is being intentional about, is intentionally reminding herself she does it all!  

and p.s… when i read her dribble, i mentally change the word "sweet" to 'b****' because I believe whenever she uses the word sweet it is code for a**, b****, or f***, or some other terrible word to describe the person. 

January 11, 2017
11:10 am
SnarKitty
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 775
Snarking Since:
April 28, 2014

This is off topic, but I came across something on Facebook that really made sense and pinpointed why I feel a certain kind of way about when Shady talks about Ashby and Madely. It was a video of twin adoptees reuniting on national tv. The person who posted it said:

I couldn't agree more with what my friend and colleague, Melanie Chung-Sherman, LCSW, PLLC., posted on her timeline regarding this GMA segment of 10 year-old adoptees meeting one another for the first time on national television. These girls are minors — MINORS! — and their lives and stories should not to be used to solicit emotions, publicity, or sensationalism. 

I know firsthand how being a transracial adoptee is conspicuous in and of itself, as so many (including strangers!) believe they have a personal invitation to ask any and all questions about the most intimate details of my life (i.e. Do you know your real mom?, Why didn't your parents want you?, Was your mother 16 years old?, What are you anyway — Chinese? Korean?, Do you like your new parents?, etc.). 

This is just so painful to watch; I cannot imagine having this moment forever out there on the virtual highways of the world wide web. Thinking of these two girls as they process what should be theirs and not the rest of the watching world's…

And from Melanie: 
"I know this is supposed to be "feel good." I get that… these are 10-year-old kids. One of the most intimate, private, and profound experiences for many adoptees is reunion. Adults can choose how they desire reunification to an extent — kids cannot. We don't know the full story, but this is already being proliferated on social media like Chewbacca mom. The fact this was done on live, international TV–is concerning on many, many levels. Come on, GMA. Come on, adults — adult.

I read on her Facebook page a little further and she also made this point:

What part of your deepest, darkest, most personal childhood memory is okay to post in a public forum for the entire world to see? Now, rather than you posting, someone does it for you, without your permission and without your full understanding or knowledge

Seriously. Think about this. Someone keeps reminding the world of the most painful thing that has happened in your life. Not only that, but in Shady's case, she constantly reminds people in a roundabout way of what a savior she is to these girls. 

January 11, 2017
11:55 am
Puckered Up to Shays Butt Cheek
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 453
Snarking Since:
July 20, 2014

I watched the GMA clip live this morning on accident.  I was getting ready for work and I usually just listen while I do my make-up, etc.  But my mouth dropped when I heard what they were doing today.  Watching those two girls meet for the first time was incredibly uncomfortable.  The way they girls were crying knowing they'll never live together as sisters was horrible.  I'm usually a GMA fan, but they really took it too far this morning.  

Re: growing up with a mother who reminds you of the most painful thing that happened to you….I've lived that life.  Not for being adopted but for other life events.  It does not create a sense of being loved or valued.  In my experience, it victimizes the child when the mother establishes herself as the hero.  It implies that the hero rescued the poor victim from their horrible circumstances.  That being said, I don't think Shady will ever know the impact her words have on Ashby or Madeley.  Her view is to suck it up and get over things.  Odds are they'll never share their innermost struggles with her as adults, etc. 

January 11, 2017
12:07 pm
A new fjord wardrobe
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 331
Snarking Since:
July 22, 2015

SnarKitty meowed
This is off topic, but I came across something on Facebook that really made sense and pinpointed why I feel a certain kind of way about when Shady talks about Ashby and Madely. It was a video of twin adoptees reuniting on national tv. The person who posted it said:

I couldn't agree more with what my friend and colleague, Melanie Chung-Sherman, LCSW, PLLC., posted on her timeline regarding this GMA segment of 10 year-old adoptees meeting one another for the first time on national television. These girls are minors — MINORS! — and their lives and stories should not to be used to solicit emotions, publicity, or sensationalism. 

I know firsthand how being a transracial adoptee is conspicuous in and of itself, as so many (including strangers!) believe they have a personal invitation to ask any and all questions about the most intimate details of my life (i.e. Do you know your real mom?, Why didn't your parents want you?, Was your mother 16 years old?, What are you anyway — Chinese? Korean?, Do you like your new parents?, etc.). 

This is just so painful to watch; I cannot imagine having this moment forever out there on the virtual highways of the world wide web. Thinking of these two girls as they process what should be theirs and not the rest of the watching world's…

And from Melanie: 
"I know this is supposed to be "feel good." I get that… these are 10-year-old kids. One of the most intimate, private, and profound experiences for many adoptees is reunion. Adults can choose how they desire reunification to an extent — kids cannot. We don't know the full story, but this is already being proliferated on social media like Chewbacca mom. The fact this was done on live, international TV–is concerning on many, many levels. Come on, GMA. Come on, adults — adult.

I read on her Facebook page a little further and she also made this point:

What part of your deepest, darkest, most personal childhood memory is okay to post in a public forum for the entire world to see? Now, rather than you posting, someone does it for you, without your permission and without your full understanding or knowledge

Seriously. Think about this. Someone keeps reminding the world of the most painful thing that has happened in your life. Not only that, but in Shady's case, she constantly reminds people in a roundabout way of what a savior she is to these girls. 

bandwagon

Preach it Snarkitty – you are 100% correct on this

or you can call me this is my last post
January 11, 2017
12:25 pm
Worst screen name ever
Hamcat
Meows: 130
Snarking Since:
August 19, 2013

I was adopted and let me tell you: Nothing. NOTHING can change a child wanting to know their birth mother. And answer all the WHY questions. Why did you abandon me? Why was I not good enough for you? Why Why Why.

Shady does not have the emotional depth to be able to MOTHER those girls the way they will need it when these questions come around. Glad Shady has the $$$$ to pay for adoption, too bad she doesn't have the heart to be a mom. Money can't buy being a mom.  Selling a cookbook doesn't make you a mom. Volunteering doesn't make you a mom. Blogging for sure doesn't make you mother material.  Being raw, unfiltered, unconventionally and unequivocally loving and putting your children first makes you a mom. 

Hunter boots, NYC trips, gym daycare outings and redecorating a room to make it 2 stories does not make you a mom. It makes you a disneyland mom.  Good Luck with life and here's to 2017 and being intentional about your time on Instagram. 

January 11, 2017
12:32 pm
SoManyHats
Hamcat
Meows: 143
Snarking Since:
April 26, 2013

i covet your comments meowed
Whenever Shay posts about her kids and what they do during the day, it always makes me sad because of how often it seems that the kids "find" her or she finds them. AKA they are not spending much actual TIME together. I think I have posted about this before, sorry if I have; it just makes me very sad for the kids and their narcissistic mother.

I HATE this! I don't have children yet but often watch my niece and the amount of time she is just "finding" her 2 year old is startling. Yes, my niece of the same age can play quietly in a safe room while I run to the bathroom or make dinner and keep checking on her. But I KNOW where she is. It's not like Shay describes of, "I went into my closet and SURPRISE! Here's that 2 year old of mine!". eek

And agreed- when she says it about the older kids I just feel bad they aren't spending time with mom. I thought she woke up at 4am so she could get her work done and be with them all day? What is she doing? We know it's not cleaning her house!

January 11, 2017
12:47 pm
ineedabiggerhulahoop
Hamcat
Meows: 149
Snarking Since:
May 6, 2015

I really hope she continues blogging as the kids become teenagers because HOW is she going to spin that?! I have a teenager and it is HARD!! I see Shay having a complete breakdown because she won't be able to control them and they aren't going to want all their personal details on the internet. For her kid's sake, I hope they remain close to their grandparents and Uncle because I agree…. She has zero emotional depth. They are going to need someone to talk to.

January 11, 2017
1:06 pm
working out on the stairmill, admiring myself
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 805
Snarking Since:
December 27, 2014

Not only does she have zero emotional depth but both her and Shiny have very rigid, narrow views on … well, everything. Name a topic and you can find some sort of evidence on the blog or social media from the both of them on what they think about it (ie Shiny's views on how to work out and how everyone else but him and his workout buddy is doing it wrong). What if Kensington is not a workout nut? What if Ashby develops a weight problem? What if Smith struggles with his faith? What if Madeley doesn't want to have children of her own? Its going to get real when Shay can't control them anymore. 

January 11, 2017
1:16 pm
quirkcatz
Kitten
Meows: 3
Snarking Since:
January 11, 2017

There is no way her husband is not gay. None. S

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.