:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Mix and Match Mama/Shay Shull
January 11, 2017
2:10 pm
ShellBelle
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2000
Snarking Since:
October 29, 2012

I always chuckle when Shay lists "travel agent" among the things that make her such a "busy lady." Her supposed travel agency has some of the oddest business practices. Like, for the longest time, she wasn't even accepting any clients at all. Then, when she finally was open for business, it was strictly to a particular destination or type of vacation (Disney cruise). On top of all that, she charges a flat fee (of $300 or so?) when every other travel agent either does it for free (Disney itself offers this service) or collects their commissions from the companies themselves.

What sort of business is Shay's travel agency, and how much time might she even spend on this stuff? Is there any other travel agent on the planet who pre-selects a destination and only plans trips for clients willing to go to this destination? Isn't the whole purpose of using a generic travel agency to tell THEM where you're wanting to go and have them work on your behalf, to YOUR specifications? 

So puzzling! 

For that matter, so is her new gig of public speaker. How often does she go places to speak?

January 11, 2017
2:41 pm
me me me me
Cat
Meows: 39
Snarking Since:
May 16, 2016

Along those same lines, aside from the Disney Cruise she went on, has she been to a Disney park in the last 5 (10?) years?  I just don't get how she can zero in on such a specific location without having even been there in recent years.  We have friends that are Orlando locals and go a few times a year and they offer us advice when we do go, But Shady doesn't strike me as someone who would have a lot to offer, aside from where the Louis Vuitton stores are located.

January 11, 2017
3:13 pm
working out on the stairmill, admiring myself
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 810
Snarking Since:
December 27, 2014

Google says that it has been five years since she was at Disney World. Yes, that is exactly who I want planning my expensive Disney vacation. They did not even have Magic Bands last time she was there. 

January 11, 2017
4:03 pm
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph. I am the Mix and Match Mama
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 233
Snarking Since:
August 25, 2015

I had a different perspective when reading about the adoptive twins reunion.  Can you imagine if Ashby or Madeley were a twin?  Would Shay "allow" them to meet?  Would she share the spotlight with the other family?  Then, it would be another competition on a whole different level.  The Shull adoption would have to be more perfect than the other one…her child more developed, cuter etc.

I would feel sorry for the other family.

January 11, 2017
4:06 pm
Worst screen name ever
Hamcat
Meows: 130
Snarking Since:
August 19, 2013

oh dear. she will never, ever go to disneyworld.  look at her travel style: she doesn't like group tours, and they like to do their own thing.  Their "own thing" dear, sweet readers is walking aimlessly around to say they saw [insert famous landmark], but not actually experiencing the landmark.  So how in the would could she handle disneyworld because a)the damn lines b)it's not a vacation where you lock children into the stroller and not let them out for 5 hours c)the damn lines d)you actually have to participate in said activity at disneyworld e)everyone else has children there.  her's wouldn't be the special snowflakes. 

yeah take your kids to see the fjords and they will be happy to play on a playground.  take them to disneyworld…and they will want to do 5,000 things. 

January 11, 2017
4:29 pm
working out on the stairmill, admiring myself
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 810
Snarking Since:
December 27, 2014

Worst screen name ever meowed
oh dear. she will never, ever go to disneyworld.  look at her travel style: she doesn't like group tours, and they like to do their own thing.  Their "own thing" dear, sweet readers is walking aimlessly around to say they saw [insert famous landmark], but not actually experiencing the landmark.  So how in the would could she handle disneyworld because a)the damn lines b)it's not a vacation where you lock children into the stroller and not let them out for 5 hours c)the damn lines d)you actually have to participate in said activity at disneyworld e)everyone else has children there.  her's wouldn't be the special snowflakes. 

yeah take your kids to see the fjords and they will be happy to play on a playground.  take them to disneyworld…and they will want to do 5,000 things. 

Nailed it. 

And of course last time she took her kids to Disney they were not old enough to actually ride any rides. Why in the world would anyone want to take WDW travel advice from her?

She really is a control freak, she won't even do a group tour? 

Shay likes to talk about how crazy and zany she is, and to be honest, I do think she is an odd duck but not for the reasons that she puts out there. Her extreme type A tendencies are bizarre.

January 11, 2017
4:37 pm
emme
Cat
Meows: 13
Snarking Since:
November 10, 2016

I think Shay sees type A as a positive thing. I'm thinking about the gingerbread house group project with "four type A's" participating.

January 11, 2017
6:42 pm
wedgesandholyjeans
Cat
Meows: 20
Snarking Since:
June 24, 2016

Waking up early seems to be Shay's catch-all for how she manages to do everything.  However when she shows us what she does before the kids wake up in her "day in the life" posts those hours seem to be filled with her watching a tv show, reading her bible, posting to the blog and then going to the kitchen to unload the dishwasher.  These are all nice things to get out of the way before the kids wake up, but it's not exactly the Super Woman levels of organization and time management that she is claiming to have. 

Did you read poor Erica's post about her goals?  Everything she listed could be achieved if only she could wake up earlier.  Shay seems to have convinced everyone around her that all of their personal failures (and of course her superiority) is based on the time that they wake up. 

January 11, 2017
6:47 pm
Shopgrl
Hamcat
Meows: 56
Snarking Since:
June 29, 2016

I follow Jen Hatmaker on Facebook and she wrote a status about not doing huge birthday parties for her kids after a certain age and how their youngest daughter is a huge extrovert who couldn't handle the idea of not having all of her people at her big day, but it's always emotional for her. In the comments below, she said that her adopted kids have unique issues handling Big Days and Big Emotions. I couldn't help but think of Shay and how she'd never admit anything like that because it paints a less-than-perfect picture, but I thought Jen's words were the perfect mix of being real but not revealing too much. THAT is how you share things about your family, Shay.

January 11, 2017
7:09 pm
me me me me
Cat
Meows: 39
Snarking Since:
May 16, 2016

I just saw a post on facebook from my favorite blogger m.blazoned where she talks about how she gets e-mails daily from companies "reaching out" to try to get her to spotlight their product on her blog.  Her response, "I don't use my platform and blogging voice to surreptitiously manipulate my audience for money" gave me pause, because that is EXACTLY what Shady and her minions do! 

Sadly, there are hardly any bloggers out there that take that stand anymore…

January 11, 2017
11:00 pm
mayor governor and queen
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 316
Snarking Since:
January 9, 2015

Wow the last several posts here about adoption are dead on. She makes it look easy because TO HER IT IS. She doesn't point out adoption-related behaviors because she doesn't know that's what they are.  I think in her mind, what could possibly go wrong? They're loved! They're rich! They're well dressed, they travel the world! What more could they want? And I don't doubt for even a second that they're loved, I just think her "everything will work out, God's got this" attitude will keep her from being aware of the more important issues.  

I really wish she'd stop with all the adoption hashtags, it's horrible for those girls.  It's over and done. NO ONE has to be reminded. Especially them! She might as well take a big fat sharpie and write it on their foreheads!!!  

January 12, 2017
3:29 am
Amused and Amazed
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 361
Snarking Since:
September 16, 2014

quirkcatz meowed

There is no way her husband is not gay. None. S

If that's true he might have never had a chance to come out of the closet.

I don't remember the details but I do recall reading that after Shady met Shiny, she drove hours every weekend and stayed in hotels in his college town to be there and it really did read as though she was stalking him. She was in hot pursuit of the NFL wife life. Then he became besties with papa perve and eventually was obligated to pop the question (even that story changes with each telling) and there you have it, desperation that paid off (until, of course, the story was rewritten to substitute "insurance salesman" for NFL player.)

Ah, true love. True lasered Shiny love.

sani_elephantdance

January 12, 2017
6:59 am
one in every color
Cat
Meows: 13
Snarking Since:
February 29, 2016

They went to PF Changs to celebrate "Gotcha Day". That's her nod at Ashly's heritage? I find it hard to believe she's been outside of her zip code.

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.