:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

momastery / Glennon Doyle Melton
October 30, 2016
6:01 pm
happymom68
Kitten
Meows: 3
Snarking Since:
October 30, 2016

All I know is that I used to love her (I really found her refreshing in Carry On Warrior and have donated a couple times to her causes).  But, she seems to have changed or her publicity people have pushed her in a new direction.  I think some of it is inevitable with "finding herself" post-separation and making millions from her book.

I was thinking Craig was probably bi or gay (would help explain how easily they are getting along and sharing family stuff)…but who knows.  Would not surprise me either if she was copying Elizabeth Gilbert. 

From personal experience, the co-parenting will get harder if Craig introduces a new woman to the kids.  And once they are both dating, it won't be that awesome to have the kids running back and forth between the houses at any time day or night!  Ha ha!

I do have to laugh about her diehard supporters who are Trump fans or who haven't realized Glennon is now likely a multimillionaire from her books (or soon will be).

November 10, 2016
10:45 pm
wait what just happened
Kitten
Meows: 1
Snarking Since:
November 10, 2016

Apeeling Attire meowed
So you know what's driving all the Abby + Glennon speculation? Their necklaces. Go thru Glennon's Insta, and she has this little silver necklace with an A  on it. Go thru Abby's, and she has the same necklace but with a G. 

I mean, it wouldn't stand up in court, but….

Well, Abby was standing in Glennon's living room on election night on Glennon's instagram account and Glennon referred to everyone in the room as her people. That and Abby is wearing that "G" necklace in her instagram that's dated 8/9. Quite the whirlwind relationship since Glennon and Craig announced they were separating on 8/1. I'm sure that after very publicly asking for support from her Monkees as the scorned woman who needed to sell books, Glennon would surely have waited until after ending her relationship with Craig before starting a new one herself…

November 13, 2016
8:58 pm
TC in a wig
Hamcat
Meows: 56
Snarking Since:
March 31, 2015

Mad props to whoever called her dating a woman emoticon-animal-001emoticon-animal-001

November 13, 2016
9:48 pm
peaceout homes
Cat
Meows: 21
Snarking Since:
July 27, 2016

What the what?! Abby wambach?! Wow! Those of you that called it back in August, mad props to you!! I was kinda shocked, not going to lie. They seem like kinda polar opposites, but maybe I'm wrong?clap

ETA: I'm kinda surprised that she chose the lesbian route but at the same time, we all know she's a big fan of EG. glad both of them found someone they love, I just hope they are doing it for love instead of likes and head pats.

November 14, 2016
10:08 am
whyme
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 854
Snarking Since:
April 3, 2014

newbiewon meowed

Article in the WaPo

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2016/11/14/a-christian-mom-blogger-announces-shes-dating-soccer-star-abby-wambach/?hpid=hp_rhp-more-top-stories_no-name%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

I don't care who Glennon chooses to love. I do care that after three months she has already made this woman an integral part of their family life (according to Glennon's characterization). Three months into an unfinalized divorce is WAY too soon for her kids to be sharing family life with their mom's new partner. Especially since this is an even bigger change than if she were seeing a man. Not to mention sharing this new relationship with the entire world. You know the kids at school will talk about this. Child of divorce here and Glennon is so selfish to do this to her kids. angry

Glennon is all about Glennon.

November 14, 2016
10:18 am
wastingtime
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 524
Snarking Since:
October 27, 2015

yes, exactly! ^ 

This just keeps getting better. popcorn It's hard enough to believe that anything she wrote was true since she just seems to want fame and money. And, now this is genuine? 

She is crazy if the kids aren't going to be messed up from this. First, the back and forth with her husband, him being a cheater, her mom airing it out all in public, and now mom's dating a woman? A famous one, at that? And dad is also dating? What a mess for those kids!

November 14, 2016
10:24 am
Ghost of Chickens Past
Cat
Meows: 48
Snarking Since:
February 21, 2014

Ugh. My first thought is that she's a pathetic fameseeker who is trying to SWF Elizabeth Gilbert. My second thought was, wait a minute, didn't Abby Wambach just confess to being an alcoholic and drug addict as of like, a few months ago?  Is this a person you want to be in a relationship with and a potential step-parent to your kids?  This isn't going anywhere healthy, that's for sure. But I guess that's just fodder for the next best-selling memoir.  

trainwreck

November 14, 2016
10:30 am
whyme
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 854
Snarking Since:
April 3, 2014

Ghost of Chickens Past meowed

Ugh. My first thought is that she's a pathetic fameseeker who is trying to SWF Elizabeth Gilbert. My second thought was, wait a minute, didn't Abby Wambach just confess to being an alcoholic and drug addict as of like, a few months ago?  Is this a person you want to be in a relationship with and a potential step-parent to your kids?  This isn't going anywhere healthy, that's for sure. But I guess that's just fodder for the next best-selling memoir.  

trainwreck

Yes, the addiction history is a red flag for me. I don't know if I ever really believe Glennon was an addict to begin with, but if she was, seems like a bad plan to date a freshly recovering addict. idontknow

November 14, 2016
12:06 pm
Headpat Birth Canal
Cat
Meows: 20
Snarking Since:
November 1, 2014

Ugh – here I thought she was just swf'ing Liz Gilbert on the divorce thing. This takes it to a whole new level. But hey everyone…remember love wins…so surely nothing bad can come of this. Her kids are loved! Love will prevail.

November 14, 2016
12:13 pm
photoshoplies
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 413
Snarking Since:
July 29, 2015

I have mixed feelings. I think her announcement will bring comfort and strength to so many people struggling with sexuality. On the other hand, I do think it was fast and the addiction history for both is concerning. I also really, really hope she isn't using Abby for fame/meeting celebrities/selling more books. To be honest I would wonder the same thing if she were dating a famous male athlete. If this truly is love then I wish them happiness.

November 14, 2016
12:28 pm
atlast
Hamcat
Meows: 179
Snarking Since:
October 16, 2014

Abby is also recently divorced this year and allegedly new to recovery.  Any one might say(but an addition counselor or sponsor), lay off big changes and new relationships for a year to get yourself solid.  But hey there's fame and attention for both of them in this.  

November 14, 2016
12:31 pm
Yummytrip
Kitten
Meows: 2
Snarking Since:
November 14, 2016

Glennon has no boundaries with anyone and she completely uses the monkees. She was for sure dating Abby long before her separation but didn't want the big news to affect her book sales. And now she shares the news (after saying she'd keep her new love private) and tells the monkees she's fine and doesn't care what they think of her anymore. Which is BS. If she didn't care she wouldn't have made the big post about her new love Abby. Like her new friend Oprah. She has famous friends now and she is one of them. I bet she can't stand having to placate her monkees at this point but she needs them so she will continue to manipulate them as her new relationship blooms and ultimately falls apart. Abby is newly sober, Glennon newly gay and both recently divorced. This is a disaster waiting to happen. I have to admit that I can't stop following her because it's pretty entertaining to watch the whole thing unfold.

Thanks newhere

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.