:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

momastery / Glennon Doyle Melton
December 2, 2016
3:41 pm
Eastshore
Hamcat
Meows: 57
Snarking Since:
April 16, 2014

I used to read a lot of Christianity Today, I liked most of the articles. I totally agree with this one. Glennon, and those like her are twisting this whole me me me! thing into being all about Jesus. Nope, it's still me me me! no matter how you spin it.

Also her direct line to God thing just made me think of this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9aKZZJvB0E

//
//

December 2, 2016
3:48 pm
starbucks in a target
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 873
Snarking Since:
October 13, 2014

atlast meowed
Glennon is very Pope-like. Remember, God could only talk to priests and they would then relay the message to us peons.  No direct line back in the day. I didn't find it offensive that God is a woman, but that Glennon feels like she only talks to her.  It is then her mission to spread that word to the masses and they should be thankful to her.

this uh

December 2, 2016
10:10 pm
Apeeling Attire
Hamcat
Meows: 87
Snarking Since:
April 6, 2015

Going Buck Wild in a Parisian Gap meowed
Did any of you see the article about Glennon on Christianity Today's website? Glennon sent her flying monkeys after the author on Twitter, and blocked every single person who mentioned or shared the article without an air of defensive Glennon worship. Not that I like Christianity Today at all… I find almost everything they post to be just as insufferable as Glennon's rants.

Several of my friends just love her and eat up her every word, but I work in mental health and Glennon just screams Axis II personality disorder to me….

http://www.christianitytoday.com/women/2016/november/glennon-doyle-meltons-gospel-of-self-fulfillment.html

While I found parts of this too preachy, I think the core argument here is solid. Glennon's obsession with self-fulfillment at all costs seems self-negating to me because in her mind, self-fulfillment is somehow situated outside of her relationships and outside of her daily life. She seems to think that self-fulfillment is this solo journey, that you wander some magical path alone in your pursuit of perfect happiness. But I think that's BS. Self-fulfillment, in my opinion and in my lived experience, is so often found within the context of a larger community of people. I really believe that the backdrop of doing life with other people helps us figure out who we are. But you can't exist in a healthy way in any community, anywhere, if your deepest truth is that you should never have to explain yourself or your choices to anyone.

December 2, 2016
10:14 pm
Apeeling Attire
Hamcat
Snarking Since:
April 6, 2015

izatchu meowed
http://s1.zetaboards.com/L_Anon/topic/4615134/863/

Check out this board if you would like to read much more about Abby's fans really think of GDM.

We on the board have been taking about this for months.

You guys are some serious internet sleuths. Hats off! 

Question: don't have time to look through all of this now, but I think the timeline in her relationships seems weird. She shared The News 2.0 at the beginning of August, but then Abby has on her little 'G' necklace on her IG in August. Which seems fast. And then news of Abby's divorce from Sarah broke in September. So….what exactly is the leaving-and-getting-together-timeline for G and Abby here? Anyone on your board have thoughts? 

December 3, 2016
8:00 pm
izatchu
Kitten
Meows: 3
Snarking Since:
December 1, 2016

For an idea on the timeline, check out the pic on July 10 on Abby's twitter page. Looks like a kid's art project on construction paper is folded inside an advance copy of GDM's book. Seems like something was up by then. Something to Abby from one of G's kids?

Also, check Abby's last tweet?  TMI?  Isn't that G on her lap? 

On GDM'S twitter she has a pic of a bunch of letters she's supposedly reading. As soon as she doesn't see a check inside the envelope, bet those go straight to the shredded. LOL!!

December 6, 2016
8:53 pm
photoshoplies
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 410
Snarking Since:
July 29, 2015

Interesting timeline! I hope Chase is OK with it all, but really regardless of the parents' sexual preference, what kid would handle all these changes well?  Re:sis. There is a photo on G's IG, can't tell if she is wearing a ring. Maybe the change to her maiden name was a female empowerment thing? No clue.

December 8, 2016
5:48 pm
ineedthissnark
Kitten
Meows: 7
Snarking Since:
January 30, 2015

I don't get how she posts, I dunno WHAT to call them – anti-pretty instagram quotes, and then she and sister are always done up to the max, heels, hair, makeup, teeny tiny…her followers don't see that this alone makes her pretty far from a "truth teller"?

December 10, 2016
4:18 pm
Trudat
Cat
Meows: 34
Snarking Since:
May 3, 2014

I completely agree about her hypocrisy! In her book she talks about the world making women feel like they have to be blonde, in skinny jeans and heels to be pretty. Funny thing, she's just describing herself. Has anyone else notice she doesn't ever post about working out, healthy eating, fitness or physical health in general? The fact that she is so skinny and there are never pictures of her enjoying a good meal makes me think her eating disorder isn't under control.

December 13, 2016
8:21 am
Apeeling Attire
Hamcat
Snarking Since:
April 6, 2015

You guys she and Liz are "considering this one for our family Christmas cards this year". 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BN7VRlmhu56/?taken-by=glennondoylemelton

Because that's not weird. Not weird at all. I'm sure your family would love to see your new girlfriend, your famous new bestie, and her new lover in the Christmas card. 

How do you spell holiday, ladies? n-o-b-o-u-n-d-a-r-i-e-s.

December 13, 2016
8:58 am
SouthFloridaaa
Kitten
Meows: 3
Snarking Since:
November 30, 2016

I am seriously going to throw up on her latest posts. this new one about LOVE around the table. And she is 100% deleting any negative comments. Every public person on the internet gets haters and you mean to tell me she has only loving messages. OMG she has turned into the worst person to follow! And I USE to like her blog. Now its all about loving the entire world. No, what she wants is everyone to accept everything she does.

December 25, 2016
4:15 pm
photoshoplies
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 410
Snarking Since:
July 29, 2015

Anyone else look at photos of Abby and Glennon and think that Abby just isn't that into her? It's like she is thinking "Crap, what the f did I get myself into with this one and her God complex?" She looks much happier with kids and babies and I assume with her ex, but the only photo of them I have seen is the kissing after winning in the Olympics.

December 27, 2016
5:18 pm
S**tty Summer Vegetable
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2280
Snarking Since:
March 29, 2012

I've been off GOMI since the election but had to come back when I found out about GDM and Abby from a friend the other day. Abby is newly in recovery and VERY recently divorced. Glennon is a f**king predator.

December 27, 2016
10:08 pm
burpeevomit
Cat
Meows: 24
Snarking Since:
June 28, 2013

Ok, I haven't posted in so long and forgot my login… had to retrieve my log in info just to make this post! 

Her gift recommendations… Brian Andreas! Ok, I have to admit I didn't know anything about this "Artist" until a family member gifted one of his "kids" books to my toddler daughter. At first glance, it just looks like non sequitur nonsense. And then I found this page… 

https://shop.storypeople.com/products/true-american-prints?variant=781125397 

And then I couldn't unsee all the p**ophilic undertones throughout the entire damn thing. To add continued insult, his author photo on the back of the book, with who I am assuming are his two young sons, was unfortunately a visual stereotype reinforcing everything I assumed looking at his art. 

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.