:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

World of Wanderlust
January 31, 2016
12:06 pm
Just an Unicorn
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 475
Snarking Since:
February 8, 2015

She's traveling so much, but often she's sharing just so little about the Destinations she visits. I WANT TO KNOW MORE (than luxury hotels and stuff I can't even afford…), Girl!sangry

sani_unicorn sani_unicorn sani_unicorn
January 31, 2016
10:13 pm
mskva
Cat
Meows: 29
Snarking Since:
June 7, 2013

Just an Unicorn meowed
She's traveling so much, but often she's sharing just so little about the Destinations she visits. I WANT TO KNOW MORE (than luxury hotels and stuff I can't even afford…), Girl!sangry

Surprised she hasn't had her own thread yet.

I mean, I'm in awe of how someone can hustle & create a brand/lifestyle that's obviously profitable but yeah… the growth of her site is directly related to the decline in quality of content. There is literally nothing useful in her posts.

January 31, 2016
11:53 pm
missyprissy1
Cat
Meows: 11
Snarking Since:
March 30, 2015

She has a thread under lifestyle blogs: http://gomiblog.com/forums/lifestyle-bloggers/world-of-wanderlust/

I don't bother with her blog as there's nothing of quality. Useless content and terrible photos. It amazes me how many of these bloggers think they're travel experts but do the most basic things. Her latest post about planning a trip from scratch (which only includes generic booking info. so helpful)…Brooke we know you go wherever you get a free trip to!

August 17, 2016
4:36 am
peanutella
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 484
Snarking Since:
April 21, 2013

OMG the idiot is releasing a (completely useless) book.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJMlO4DjcL9/?taken-by=worldwanderlust&hl=en

August 18, 2016
11:54 pm
alliyah
Hamcat
Meows: 93
Snarking Since:
February 27, 2012

The World of Wanderlust book is a total cash grab.  Brooke Saward said herself someone at Random House Penguin asked her to do it and she had to turn in the material in 2 months.   That is not a REAL book, the previews she posted prove it.  That is a coffee table style photo album with #InspirationalQuotes through out.  

Ooh 8 sentences about favorite patisseries!  Ooh a list of 10 reasons to travel!   Then there are photos of World of Wanderlust like on her instagram and she got outside photographers to take like a good shot of Paris and then she writes 1 caption about it.  This is not a book, it is like the Cake Wrecks book or Stuff White People Like book, a gimmick.  

August 21, 2016
1:27 pm
justagirl123
Hamcat
Meows: 58
Snarking Since:
July 20, 2013

Really interesting that right after the book news comes a post introducing Charlie's, her new dessert cafe in Tasmania. After reading the post, I feel like first good for her but that there's a huge chunk of behind the scenes she's left out. She says she came up w/the concept just 6 months ago so to go from the idea to opening in such a short time, she must have a partner or some major support from someone. With her travel schedule, how could she possibly have enough time/energy/know-how to design a menu, test everything, find a space and set up the logistics, hire a staff, etc. Could it be a joint venture and she's just the name and face? Good for her tho

August 22, 2016
3:28 am
peanutella
Expert Hamcat
Snarking Since:
April 21, 2013

Ugh I just saw that she's opening a cafe. How convenient for her.

There is absolutely no way she had anything to do with the planning of this. She is only lending them her name for publicity purposes. She is such a fraud.

December 29, 2016
6:30 am
Just an Unicorn
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 475
Snarking Since:
February 8, 2015

Anyone knows how the 'dessert business' is working for her? Just wondering as she didn't blog for moths and now there is a blog post now and then.. chin

sani_unicorn sani_unicorn sani_unicorn
December 29, 2016
6:40 am
peanutella
Expert Hamcat
Snarking Since:
April 21, 2013

I honestly have no idea what the deal is with this weird dessert thing. Everything about her and everything she does looks shifty AF to me.

January 16, 2017
11:38 am
peanutella
Expert Hamcat
Snarking Since:
April 21, 2013

She posted a tour of her dessert house on Youtube and all I have to say it is that it looks so…unfinished and improvised? Also, is she trying to make us believe she's the one actually making the cupcakes etc.?

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.