:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Vocal Fry or annoying voices on podcasts
July 18, 2016
3:22 pm
CheeseyPouff
Cat
Meows: 27
Snarking Since:
April 19, 2016

One of the hosts of Call Your Girlfriend says "like" all the time. I can't get past it. 

August 25, 2016
4:30 pm
Daisy Steiner
Hamcat
Meows: 124
Snarking Since:
April 15, 2016

Zoe Chace's voice makes me want to rip out my eyelashes one by one. Love her contributions to TAL, but dear Lord, will somebody else speak on her behalf?!

Also, Daniel Jones from the Modern Love podcast. Get a drink of water and clear your spit before you speak man!

Jake, the sound engineer, from Jillian Michaels podcast is another voice that needs to never be on radio. So garbled sounding.

Oddly, I like Ira Glass's voice only because he sounds like Fred Armisen when he does different characters on Portlandia. I always picture Fred Armisen in my head since I've actually never seen Ira's face before and I love it.

Finally, I LOVE Karen Kilgarif's voice from My Favorite Murder. Her speaking voice, her singing voice, her laugh…I could listen to her all dang day.

August 27, 2016
2:38 pm
phoshizzle
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 499
Snarking Since:
August 26, 2012

My new nudist friend Robert meowed
For me it is most of the producers/reporters on Snap Judgement. Glen Washington's voice is a bit too enthusiastic but almost all of their reporters have incredibly annoying voices, with a mix of strange vocal quality and mild speech impediment. 

OMG YES I thought I was the only one who thought this. For the longest time I thought their voices had gone through some kind of voice editing software that sped up their voice or something, like when we used to listen to cassettes faster. 

August 28, 2016
4:00 pm
My new nudist friend Robert
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1804
Snarking Since:
February 27, 2012

phoshizzle meowed

My new nudist friend Robert meowed
For me it is most of the producers/reporters on Snap Judgement. Glen Washington's voice is a bit too enthusiastic but almost all of their reporters have incredibly annoying voices, with a mix of strange vocal quality and mild speech impediment. 

OMG YES I thought I was the only one who thought this. For the longest time I thought their voices had gone through some kind of voice editing software that sped up their voice or something, like when we used to listen to cassettes faster. 

I never thought of it that way but I see what you mean. And thank you for affirming I am not alone! Nancy Lopez is definitely my least favorite- not only do I find her voice difficult to listen to, but she has a strange upward vocal inflection that makes everything she says sound very condescending. 

-Formerly California Mazens-
December 8, 2016
9:34 pm
Scant
Cat
Meows: 13
Snarking Since:
January 15, 2015

I think it has been changed now, but there used to be an ad for Talkspace at the beginning of The Heart where the host would obnoxiously give a shout out to her therapist ("gurl, I ~love~ you!"). Very minor, but it would always grate on me so hard.

January 6, 2017
8:45 pm
catfolk
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 263
Snarking Since:
August 10, 2014

I really don't think I can listen to Stuff You Missed in History Class anymore. Holly and Tracy sound like fraternal twins who just did 6 or 7 shots apiece and decided to read prepared podcast scripts back and forth. They both do that weird slurring variation that some drunk people do where, for example, "oh" turns into "oo" instead. Like "Joon of Arc." It drives me insane and at this point they both sound like John Travolta in the "Hairspray" remake trying to do an exaggerated Baltimore/Tidewater accent. I truly do not understand but I've talked to at least two other listeners who'd noticed the same thing.

On top of that, they really do just sound like they're reading back and forth from scripts and the lack of casual banter is so boring and stiff.

January 9, 2017
10:05 am
kitten mittens
Hamcat
Meows: 104
Snarking Since:
October 28, 2014

Gretchen Rubin ("Happier" podcast) launched a few new podcasts, and the female host of Radical Candor has the worst podcasting voice I've ever heard. Obviously I will not be listening, but I'd recommend checking it out quickly for a laugh.

January 10, 2017
1:49 pm
sonotamused
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 932
Snarking Since:
November 19, 2012

cookie cutter shark meowed
I guess this kind of thing bugs me because its pretty much always directed towards women.  It's a complete gendered thing, I dont think I've ever heard anyone complain about the way a man's voice sounds on a podcast.  

Ira Glass.  Can not stand his voice. Its nails on a blackboard.

January 16, 2017
10:22 pm
Snarky McSnarkypants
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1181
Snarking Since:
April 2, 2012

Oh, god. Zo-wee Chace. Her vocal fry doesn't bother me, but her bizarre hyper-pronunciation makes me want to poke holes in my eardrums.

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.