June 11, 2014
For the past couple of years I've been listening religiously to:
- Stuff Mom Never Told You
- The History Chicks
- The Abortion Diary with Melissa Mereda
I want to add a few more. Suggestions?
May 14, 2014
Call Your Girlfriend!
August 21, 2013
Radio Cherry Bombe!
September 11, 2012
Call Your Girlfriend!
July 5, 2014
Agree with Call Your Girlfriend!
Also, even though I think I'm older than the target audience, the Lena Dunham "Women of the Hour" podcasts were quite good.
And women who are moms might love One Bad Mother (really funny and great parenting podcast).
June 27, 2013
I love Call Your Girlfriend! I get excited to listen to it every week. I am also very happy that they are doing more episodes.
Also agree with Stuff Mom Never Told You. Kristen and Caroline's perspective is always spot on. I also appreciate that they get me to think of stuff in a new way. For example, their abortion episodes gave me so much information that I (embarrassingly) did not know about abortion and I really, really appreciated that.
I also like Stuff You Missed In History Class, and just added the History Chicks but haven't listened to any of their stuff yet.
October 30, 2013
Double X Gabfest by Slate. Been listening for years and years.
September 23, 2011
The Broad Experience is done by a professional journalist (she used to work for NPR, I think) and while the episodes are short, they are excellent. It focuses primarily on issues relating to work, but I think it would still be interesting to any woman.
April 11, 2015
I already mentioned these elsewhere but Radio Cherry Bombe, Ultimate Health Podcast, lady Lovin' (hilarious), A Few Things with Claire and Erica
September 20, 2013
I second the recommendation for The Broad Experience.
Additional recommendations are:
- Another Round (not specifically *for* women but has two female hosts and they talk a lot about their experiences both as women and as people of color. subject matter is a grab bag, overall culture stuff)
- I Guess We're Grown-Ups Now ("a podcast about being the kind of grown-ups we want to be", hosted by two women)
- Less Than or Equal (about discussing/celebrating the accomplishments and contributions of minorities in the tech industry and other generally geeky people, hosted by a woman. not all interview subjects identify as female but are all minorities in one way or another.)
- Popaganda (B***h Magazine's feminist podcast that's a response to pop culture)
- Rocket (tech podcast hosted by three women)
June 21, 2012
Throwing Shade. the show tagline says they "take a weekly look at all the issues important to ladies and gays… and treat them with much less respect than they deserve." current events + humorous banter.
August 22, 2013
Seconding Another Round. Heben and Tracy are some of my faves.