:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

Hungry Runner Girl
January 17, 2017
7:46 pm
SoChi
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 234
Snarking Since:
February 21, 2012

Gas Station Froyo Doesnt Photograph Itself meowed

JustSmileAndNod meowed
I love HRG mom !!

But seriously, Hawaii ? Brooke and Knox are some well traveled, lucky, twinsies angry

So much for saving money and staying in more!  Though I guess they are saving on hotel and car, but still.  

Re: Saving money. My guess is this is a sponsored trip of some sort, so I doubt they are paying full price.

January 17, 2017
10:00 pm
Cage free dog
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1402
Snarking Since:
July 21, 2014

SoChi meowed

Gas Station Froyo Doesnt Photograph Itself meowed

JustSmileAndNod meowed
I love HRG mom !!

But seriously, Hawaii ? Brooke and Knox are some well traveled, lucky, twinsies angry

So much for saving money and staying in more!  Though I guess they are saving on hotel and car, but still.  

Re: Saving money. My guess is this is a sponsored trip of some sort, so I doubt they are paying full price.

Will be interesting to see if/how it's sponsored.

Even if their only expenses are airfare and food, she will make money on vacation with fresh content for page views, all the while building memories for the kids and possibly leveraging for more sponsored travel opps in the future. Have to admit she's got it made.

January 18, 2017
11:01 am
squee
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 295
Snarking Since:
September 23, 2011

Fitnessista posted that she'd be going on a press trip to Hawaii this year, sooooo I'm thinking this is a sponsored trip of some kind or other. 

January 19, 2017
11:13 am
Beyotch Eating Crackers
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 915
Snarking Since:
June 13, 2012

Jane's sister posted today and added some older pics of the two of them. Holy cow. The first one doesn't look like Janae at all. The second, Janae looks like the sister's oldest daughter!

January 20, 2017
4:55 pm
atlast
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 279
Snarking Since:
October 16, 2014

Seriously, Janae needs to be moved to the mommy blog section.  Not even her guest poster could post about running today…

January 20, 2017
6:14 pm
whatthewhattttt
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 446
Snarking Since:
July 9, 2014

OK but I am just a little depressed by Hungry Sister's post because… does anyone really have a hard time squeezing their workout into 90 minutes? Did I read that wrong? I consider myself a pretty active worker-outer type person and after 30-45 minutes, I'm done. I don't think I've ever worked out for 90 minutes besides when training for long runs (and I don't think running for that long really makes a difference in how you look the way weights do). And Sister looks amazing. Is that what it takes to look so amazing? 90 minutes? I work, when the hell would I do that? Please tell me I read it wrong.

January 20, 2017
8:42 pm
photoshoplies
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 464
Snarking Since:
July 29, 2015

whatthewhattttt meowed
OK but I am just a little depressed by Hungry Sister's post because… does anyone really have a hard time squeezing their workout into 90 minutes? Did I read that wrong? I consider myself a pretty active worker-outer type person and after 30-45 minutes, I'm done. I don't think I've ever worked out for 90 minutes besides when training for long runs (and I don't think running for that long really makes a difference in how you look the way weights do). And Sister looks amazing. Is that what it takes to look so amazing? 90 minutes? I work, when the hell would I do that? Please tell me I read it wrong.

I had the same reaction.

January 20, 2017
10:30 pm
Cage free dog
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1402
Snarking Since:
July 21, 2014

photoshoplies meowed

whatthewhattttt meowed

I had the same reaction.

And she acts like we're all dying to know how to squeeze in our 90 minute workouts. I'm in good shape, active, but have NO desire to be in the gym that long. eek

Based on how many times she's sprinting to child care at the end of her 90 minutes, it's sad this is common reality for them. Her and Janae certainly enable each other with the exercise obsessions.

January 21, 2017
3:10 am
Daisy Steiner

Cage free dog meowed

photoshoplies meowed

whatthewhattttt meowed

I had the same reaction.

And she acts like we're all dying to know how to squeeze in our 90 minute workouts. I'm in good shape, active, but have NO desire to be in the gym that long. eek

Based on how many times she's sprinting to child care at the end of her 90 minutes, it's sad this is common reality for them. Her and Janae certainly enable each other with the exercise obsessions.

I had a similar reaction at first, but then realized she's a stay at home mom with 5 kids. Those 90 min. are probably the only time she gets for herself outside of the home. If that were me and my days revolved around doing household/kid shit and errands…you better believe I'd have a strong desire to be in the gym for 90 min. with free childcare so I could get some sanity back.

January 21, 2017
7:04 am
milodon
Kitten
Meows: 6
Snarking Since:
January 21, 2017

Agree on the 90 minutes at the gym being for sanity. I'm also a SAHM and my gym allows 90 minutes of free childcare (although it's not nearly as expensive if you go over). I use every one of my 90 minutes as it's the only time I have to myself away from babies each day-some days I do longer workouts and some days I sit on a mat watching Netflix until those 90 minutes are up (wow I sound like a great mom

January 21, 2017
7:25 am
starcruster
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2123
Snarking Since:
March 28, 2013

For me, the only weird part of the post is that her sister apparently works out with ALL that hair just loose and flying everywhere. Crazy.

January 21, 2017
7:30 am
milodon
Kitten
Meows: 6
Snarking Since:
January 21, 2017

starcruster meowed

For me, the only weird part of the post is that her sister apparently works out with ALL that hair just loose and flying everywhere. Crazy.

Right?! That would drive me nuts. And with my luck I'd end up with my hair stuck in a weight machine.

January 21, 2017
8:30 am
I put the Eh in Meh
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2798
Snarking Since:
January 12, 2013

whatthewhattttt meowed

She's talking about how to fit it in while training for longer races, meaning that the 90 minutes had to encompass weights and long runs. Her solution was to do weights for 30 minutes, followed by as long a run as she could fit into that time. That made for a short "long run", but it's all she had time for. So while her long runs were only 7 or 8 miles for a half-marathon, she'd do them after legs day, so she'd at least be running on tired legs to mimic the second half of the race.

It's not a typical workout, but it's a creative way to fit half-marathon training into her schedule. Now if it were me, I'd skip weights on long run day and run for 90 minutes straight, which is an ample long run for a half-marathon, then I'd squeeze two muscle groups in on a short-run day to make up for the missed strength training…but that's just me! 

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.