:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Hungry Runner Girl
January 7, 2017
6:18 pm
Quail-Man
Hamcat
Meows: 162
Snarking Since:
October 19, 2014

I mean, what else is she going to do except pop out another kid?  She has nothing else going for her and little drive to do anything else aside from parent, burn calories, and eat junk.

Old ham, new bacon.
January 8, 2017
9:04 am
mortalcoil
Hamcat
Meows: 56
Snarking Since:
June 1, 2016

Okay, I will preface this BEC moment with a sincere wish that her father fully recovers, quickly, with no lasting issues. I'll also add that I really admire her family bond in general and think it's pretty damn cool that they are all very close, loving, and supportive. The world needs a lot of that right now.

However – I know bloggers loooove their own faces – and maybe Janae is right on par with KERF or Monica from RER – but why o why do we need to see her face, multiple times, and curated from just the right angles, in every single damn post? This has annoyed me inexplicably for weeks and no more so than today when I open my reader and see a big cheesy grinning picture of her own face – and then you scroll down to read that her dad was hospitalized.

I don't mind seeing pictures of bloggers even on a regular basis if they pertain to the subject matter of their posts but just to flood the Internet with your own face at every given opportunity is narcissistic in the extreme. shutup

January 8, 2017
12:18 pm
A GentleHam and a Scholar
Hamcat
Meows: 129
Snarking Since:
August 7, 2013

mortalcoil meowed

Okay, I will preface this BEC moment with a sincere wish that her father fully recovers, quickly, with no lasting issues. I'll also add that I really admire her family bond in general and think it's pretty damn cool that they are all very close, loving, and supportive. The world needs a lot of that right now.

However – I know bloggers loooove their own faces – and maybe Janae is right on par with KERF or Monica from RER – but why o why do we need to see her face, multiple times, and curated from just the right angles, in every single damn post? This has annoyed me inexplicably for weeks and no more so than today when I open my reader and see a big cheesy grinning picture of her own face – and then you scroll down to read that her dad was hospitalized.

I don't mind seeing pictures of bloggers even on a regular basis if they pertain to the subject matter of their posts but just to flood the Internet with your own face at every given opportunity is narcissistic in the extreme. shutup

It's a pic of her and her dad from her wedding day. Doesn't seem strange to me. idontknow I hope he's ok.

ETA: I was referring to instagram and hadn't looked at her blog yet. I see what you mean now.

January 8, 2017
1:06 pm
runningforfun
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 542
Snarking Since:
June 4, 2014

I hope here Dad recovers quickly. He must have a serious concussion. Very scary. I have known people who have been concussed to the point of short term memory loss. A concussion that serious can have symptoms that last up to 6 months or more.

January 8, 2017
2:49 pm
amazen
Hamcat
Meows: 66
Snarking Since:
February 16, 2012

I think I lost a few brain cells watching that vlog. I enjoy goofing around with my huscat, but they sounded like two teenagers when describing that whole hiding/scaring thing. They seem like super sweet, kind people, but wow…not much brain power between the two of them.

January 8, 2017
3:42 pm
Cage free dog
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1214
Snarking Since:
July 21, 2014

amazen meowed

I think I lost a few brain cells watching that vlog. I enjoy goofing around with my huscat, but they sounded like two teenagers when describing that whole hiding/scaring thing. They seem like super sweet, kind people, but wow…not much brain power between the two of them.

I want to give Andrew the benefit of the doubt, but I really don't know that I'd feel comfortable with someone that spacey or "chill" as my nurse or nurse for my loved ones.

Hopefully he snaps into gear with work somehow and is only that chill at home, but that would definitely make me nervous with him running meds to my IV (and other various important tasks). Nurses can make or break patient care. Hard to fathom him there, but hopefully it's somehow different.

January 8, 2017
7:35 pm
mortalcoil
Hamcat
Meows: 56
Snarking Since:
June 1, 2016

He probably has to be that chill to avoid going completely batshit mental every time The Brookers charges in on his study time to hang all over him and holler in his ear whilst Janae giggles and coos encouragement at the "cute factor" as she snaps photo after photo for the "blog".

January 8, 2017
8:07 pm
Gas Station Froyo Doesnt Photograph Itself
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 485
Snarking Since:
December 4, 2013

Cage free dog meowed

amazen meowed

I want to give Andrew the benefit of the doubt, but I really don't know that I'd feel comfortable with someone that spacey or "chill" as my nurse or nurse for my loved ones.

Hopefully he snaps into gear with work somehow and is only that chill at home, but that would definitely make me nervous with him running meds to my IV (and other various important tasks). Nurses can make or break patient care. Hard to fathom him there, but hopefully it's somehow different.

I find myself getting angry every time he talks because he doesn't seem to know what words mean and everything he says is just slightly off.  I can't imagine having to rely on him for medical care.

Formerly Jammed Up
January 9, 2017
9:10 am
snart
Hamcat
Meows: 191
Snarking Since:
October 30, 2015

From her blog about things they've learned in the six months they've been married…
“The way to raise a girl is very different than the way to raise a boy in so many different ways… I had Knox and I grew up with basically all brothers (he has one sister that is much older than him) so this is a new world.” -Andrew

Um. What?

January 9, 2017
9:46 am
investment flipflops
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 341
Snarking Since:
December 18, 2014

Wait, who has a much older sister?! Knox? Does Andrew mean Knox now has a step-sister? I cant even decipher that.

Also.. I only have boys but they're young like Knox and Brooke. I can't really see what I would be doing differently st this age if they were girls. They take swimming lessons, we do art, ride bikes, go to the park, help me cook, have play dates, etc. Not sure what his point is especially without further elaboration.

January 9, 2017
9:53 am
troublewithtribbles
Cat
Meows: 39
Snarking Since:
November 22, 2013

If her dad is missing several months it is possible he has no idea who andrew is if they've only been married 6 months
I hope he makes a speedy and complete recovery

January 9, 2017
10:19 am
Gas Station Froyo Doesnt Photograph Itself
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 485
Snarking Since:
December 4, 2013

troublewithtribbles meowed
If her dad is missing several months it is possible he has no idea who andrew is if they've only been married 6 months
I hope he makes a speedy and complete recovery

Oh man, that's actually really funny (while hoping he recovers fully).

Anyone else think it's weird that they don't have their kiddos this weekend?  Brooke was just at her dad's, so where the hell is she going?  It's not the big wedding already, is it?

Formerly Jammed Up
January 9, 2017
10:43 am
AndromedaStrain
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 957
Snarking Since:
July 28, 2012

Eew. The pic of Andrew's legs draped in Janae's lap post-hospital in his scrubs. Barf. I'm a long-time nurse, and I strip down the second I get home.eek

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.