:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

LOLZ is the closest thing to English in the whole blog
August 4, 2016
7:43 pm
Snarkastic
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2409
Snarking Since:
January 12, 2013

uh Hollie posted her Inside Quacker results today…elevated iron and LFTs.

GO TO A DOCTOR. YOU HAVE HEMOCHROMATOSIS. 

And this stupid lab-in-a-box is telling her to eat less red meat. Anyone can tell you if your lab results are high or low, but you need a medical professional to interpret the results!

What kills me about Hollie using Inside Tracker is that she probably has Tricare, as her spouse is in the military. Just tell your doctor you feel a little down and are worried about unusual injuries, and you would like a CBC and CMP. Bam, covered on insurance. 

August 4, 2016
10:43 pm
Flavored with broken dreams
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 900
Snarking Since:
February 20, 2014

Snarkastic meowed

And this stupid lab-in-a-box is telling her to eat less red meat. Anyone can tell you if your lab results are high or low, but you need a medical professional to interpret the results!

What kills me about Hollie using Inside Tracker is that she probably has Tricare, as her spouse is in the military. Just tell your doctor you feel a little down and are worried about unusual injuries, and you would like a CBC and CMP. Bam, covered on insurance. 

I really hate Inside Tracker and how it has all these running bloggers acting like it's going to solve why they aren't running the way they want to be. Like you said, snarkastic, these people should be consulting their doctor, not some scam masquerading as a panacea to perfect health. Gotta hand it to them, though — their marketing department is pushing the snake oil hard.

August 6, 2016
4:17 am
Headred
Cat
Meows: 20
Snarking Since:
July 24, 2016

Snarkastic meowed

Yes my thought too…high iron not good…possibly haemochromatosis. I am Australian and in health. I don't think you can order your own blood tests here for this very reason. Thank god.rolleyes

August 6, 2016
8:24 am
High Maintenance
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 936
Snarking Since:
December 27, 2014

Snarkastic meowed

Back when she had her blood drawn for IT, she claimed that she didn't have a regular doctor. Back when she had her injury, she claimed to have had blood work ordered by a regular doctor. Tricare requires that any covered member has a PCP or health manager and everything is covered if you use an in network provider. This would include annual routine blood work. Also, I hate that IT does not test for thyroid levels which are sort of important for most humans.

November 16, 2016
2:02 pm
seriouslyplease
Hamcat
Meows: 151
Snarking Since:
August 2, 2013

For a while I noticed Hollie had not-so-subtly started doing all the stuff she made fun of. She used to call Healthy Helper out for constantly scheduling the same blog post to be tweeted repeatedly. But now Hollie does that ALL THE TIME. Add in her constant "inspirational" running photos, reusing her own instagram running photos (yesterday's was clearly taken in the same outfit on the same day as one she posted last week and there), and hashtagging Fitfluential and now today she appears on Mile Posts blog with 25 facts about her. I'm sure her a Dorothy had a grand old time chatting for that while simultaneously cat fighting about their coffee preferences. It all screams FAKE to me.

November 16, 2016
6:03 pm
Snarkastic
Feline Porklord
Snarking Since:
January 12, 2013

seriouslyplease meowed
For a while I noticed Hollie had not-so-subtly started doing all the stuff she made fun of. She used to call Healthy Helper out for constantly scheduling the same blog post to be tweeted repeatedly. But now Hollie does that ALL THE TIME. Add in her constant "inspirational" running photos, reusing her own instagram running photos (yesterday's was clearly taken in the same outfit on the same day as one she posted last week and there), and hashtagging Fitfluential and now today she appears on Mile Posts blog with 25 facts about her. I'm sure her a Dorothy had a grand old time chatting for that while simultaneously cat fighting about their coffee preferences. It all screams FAKE to me.

Oh, totally. She's a hypocrite. For those who need a refresher: 

http://gomiblog.com/forums/running-bloggers/mile-posts/page-35/

November 17, 2016
9:38 am
whocares
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 324
Snarking Since:
June 12, 2012

Snarkastic meowed

seriouslyplease meowed

Oh, totally. She's a hypocrite. For those who need a refresher: 

http://gomiblog.com/forums/running-bloggers/mile-posts/page-35/

Oh the gas station coffee insult was classic!

December 20, 2016
9:54 am
Flock ME
Hamcat
Meows: 57
Snarking Since:
September 12, 2014

61 miles for a recovery week….. that seems like an awful lot.  Even if they are easy miles, 61 miles does not scream recovery to me.

December 20, 2016
9:13 pm
Snarkastic
Feline Porklord
Snarking Since:
January 12, 2013

Flock ME meowed
61 miles for a recovery week….. that seems like an awful lot.  Even if they are easy miles, 61 miles does not scream recovery to me.

But I'm sure she's tired from taking antibiotics.

chin

December 23, 2016
11:21 am
runnergrl37
Hamcat
Meows: 109
Snarking Since:
July 22, 2014

I don't get this chick.  She is always worried about getting hurt yet she runs a race every damn week. And doesn't that get expensive to keep entering $30-$100 races on the weekly?? 

How can they just fly randomly to Dallas and run a race.  It's not cheap to fly nor is it cheap to get a hotel for a few days.  One of these two must come from money. 

December 23, 2016
2:48 pm
myha
Hamcat
Meows: 84
Snarking Since:
August 24, 2013

runnergrl37 meowed

I don't get this chick.  She is always worried about getting hurt yet she runs a race every damn week. And doesn't that get expensive to keep entering $30-$100 races on the weekly?? 

How can they just fly randomly to Dallas and run a race.  It's not cheap to fly nor is it cheap to get a hotel for a few days.  One of these two must come from money. 

I don't understand her excessive racing either. But her life obviously revolves around running. Besides their BMWs, it doesn't seem like Hollie and her husband spend a lot of money on other things. I believe her husband is an officer in the Air Force. He makes a lot more than you probably think if you are not familiar with military pay. Deployments are extra pay, and pilots even get paid extra for flying into certain zones on the globe, and he seems to be flying or deployed quite a bit.

December 29, 2016
9:03 pm
MrsChanandlerbong
Hamcat
Meows: 145
Snarking Since:
October 4, 2014

runnergrl37 meowed

Eh, it's doable.  My husband and I fly to destination races a few times a year.  It's not something you need to be rich to do.  Other than running and diner food, she seems to spend money on little else.

61 miles for  recovery week?  Seems like another injury is around the corner.  While she's fast for someone who loves her local 5k's, I still feel like she should be way faster for all the miles she constantly runs. 

January 12, 2017
12:25 am
Snarkastic
Feline Porklord
Snarking Since:
January 12, 2013

Hollie is a perfect example of why Inside Tracker is such an idiotic idea. 

Since July, I’ve also worked to lower my iron, but it seems I worked too hard and it plummeted almost to the “too low” category. 

Uh, really? High iron is never dietary. It's always a (significant) health concern. Unless you're straight up sucking on magnets. You decided to reduce your iron intake based on a one-time quacktastic blood test, all on your own, with no input from a health professional. Newsflash: virtually no young, healthy female needs to decrease her iron intake, you dingbat. 

And now it's too low! Shocking! Although in reality, her iron probably never moved too far in any direction: I suspect that Inside Quacker has some sub-par lab processing samples or very loose interpretation of results. 

After receiving my results in July, I did start taking a probiotic as recommended.  I gave the probiotic 3 months, but I didn’t notice a change in anything.  At an extra $90 ($30 per bottle at the recommended 3X per day), I couldn’t justify the cost and not noticing a difference.

I just want to know what she thought she'd notice. And I want to know what in her blood triggered this recommendation. Hopefully not elevated WBCs, which could, you know, be life or death. But your doctor would never know, would she?

Since getting my previous results, my liver enzymes have stayed “at risk.”  They need work and to be honest, I’m not surprised.  They took a backburner while I worked towards everything else, so I didn’t do much with them.

Have fun "working" on your liver enzymes. I'm sure it was actually just a spike due to your chronic overexercising, but by all means, have some nut butter. 

This overpriced CBC / BMP is such a pointless rip-off. For the health-conscious individual Inside Tracker markets to, most lab abnormalities are going to point to an actual illness, not a dietary deficiency. We're not talking about a morbidly obese 74 year old with chronic kidney disease and a forced low-protein diet. Most of their customers already eat well, and any questionable labs are useful only to guide a clinician in a diagnosis. They're signs, not a disease in and of themselves. 

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.