:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

SOMI running blogs
December 4, 2016
9:39 pm
Flavored with broken dreams
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 900
Snarking Since:
February 20, 2014

Hairy Limb Watch meowed

Shout out to SF road warrior. She ran a PR today and scored a BQ. I stalked her online today and she ran a 3;31;xx at CIM
this morning.
She put in a lot of miles and hard work this training cycle.
So happy for her.

I'm so excited for her. It was great reading about her training and seeing her not only be successful in her race, but satisfied with her training cycle outside of the race results. She's a big SOMI for me! Go SF Road Warrior!

December 5, 2016
4:19 am
Hot Semen Brie
Hamcat
Meows: 129
Snarking Since:
February 13, 2015

Tina Muir PR'ed at the CIM and was 5th place woman!  2:36xx.  She said it was her C goal, and wasn't ready for all of the downhill.  I LOVE Tina!  I'm so proud of her.

December 5, 2016
10:39 am
seriouslyplease
Hamcat
Meows: 151
Snarking Since:
August 2, 2013

I agree I was happy for Tina and think that even though she wanted more…the progression of her marathon times says a lot for her and her training. She's making smaller jumps than some others but seems to be staying healthy and improving all around- that's more respectable to me.

I'm not a SRB fan but I was impressed with her CIM performance and time. I think she is better suited for the distance than the track these days.

December 5, 2016
11:07 am
SoFancyNot
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 766
Snarking Since:
October 20, 2014

seriouslyplease meowed
I agree I was happy for Tina and think that even though she wanted more…the progression of her marathon times says a lot for her and her training. She's making smaller jumps than some others but seems to be staying healthy and improving all around- that's more respectable to me.

Well said! And an almost-one minute PR at that level is still huge! I am very happy for her. I am all for smaller yet constant progression vs huge jumps followed by many bad races/injuries. Plus she is still so young: her best marathon days are still ahead of her.

December 10, 2016
11:19 am
rambles and drabbles
Cat
Meows: 21
Snarking Since:
May 14, 2015

SoFancyNot meowed

seriouslyplease meowed

Well said! And an almost-one minute PR at that level is still huge! I am very happy for her. I am all for smaller yet constant progression vs huge jumps followed by many bad races/injuries. Plus she is still so young: her best marathon days are still ahead of her.

Tina Muir is my hero and I was so excited for her when she finished 5th at CIM. She has a good head, a good spirit, and also a good team with her. I really think that she's going to keep on improving throughout the years, and she hasn't even hit her peak racing years yet–most female runners don't peak until they're nearly 30. 

January 9, 2017
1:17 pm
Hairy Limb Watch
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2153
Snarking Since:
February 22, 2012

Does anyone know what happened to Inverted Sneakers?

She hasn't blogged since last July, but I know she was also on IG and I can't seem to find her IG account. (I don't IG but, I follow/stalk IG's that are public)

She had a monster year in 2016, where she set several PR's and she won a marathon. I hope she isn't injured.

AKA LVrunner, Hairy Limb Watch, and briefly as Checked Luggage Vs. Carry on Luggage.
January 9, 2017
2:22 pm
Firiel
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 844
Snarking Since:
November 21, 2014

Hairy Limb Watch meowed

She hasn't blogged since last July, but I know she was also on IG and I can't seem to find her IG account. (I don't IG but, I follow/stalk IG's that are public)

She had a monster year in 2016, where she set several PR's and she won a marathon. I hope she isn't injured.

I follow her on Instagram (alliemarie83), and she seems to be doing well (not that you can ever tell for sure on social media). I hope that she just kind of lost the fire with running after having such a great year. She seems to be doing pole a lot lately. I also remember that she was a pretty advanced yogi before focusing on distance running. My theory is that she tends to do something until she "masters" it and then keeps it in her life but switches her focus to something else (which I don't say as a criticism at all).

January 9, 2017
2:39 pm
Hairy Limb Watch
Feline Porklord
Snarking Since:
February 22, 2012

Firiel meowed

Hairy Limb Watch meowed

I follow her on Instagram (alliemarie83), and she seems to be doing well (not that you can ever tell for sure on social media). I hope that she just kind of lost the fire with running after having such a great year. She seems to be doing pole a lot lately. I also remember that she was a pretty advanced yogi before focusing on distance running. My theory is that she tends to do something until she "masters" it and then keeps it in her life but switches her focus to something else (which I don't say as a criticism at all).

Thanks for the update! I'm guessing she'll start ramping up her training soon. She was excited to earn a red bib (1st wave) for Boston. 

She's a really great athlete, at whatever she does. That pole shit looks hard.

I wish smaller bloggers like her would get some freebies thrown her way, as opposed to the not stop schillers  

AKA LVrunner, Hairy Limb Watch, and briefly as Checked Luggage Vs. Carry on Luggage.
January 13, 2017
12:17 pm
JustSmileAndNod
Cat
Meows: 37
Snarking Since:
December 30, 2016

One runner I LOVE following on IG is run2pr ! I don't even think she has a coach and is going for her sub3 this weekend in Houston . She posts pretty much daily, but not in a bragging, preachy, way. She can SOMI for me ! I think it's funny her IG name is so similar to run4prs (whom I can not stand, is preachy and bragging and just plain annoying ) and yet Amanda is seriously running big time pr's and run4prs is just a broken record to me lol

Excited to watch her go for the sub3 !

thumbsup

January 13, 2017
12:24 pm
EyeRolls
Hamcat
Meows: 131
Snarking Since:
November 10, 2014

JustSmileAndNod meowed
One runner I LOVE following on IG is run2pr ! I don't even think she has a coach and is going for her sub3 this weekend in Houston . She posts pretty much daily, but not in a bragging, preachy, way. She can SOMI for me ! I think it's funny her IG name is so similar to run4prs (whom I can not stand, is preachy and bragging and just plain annoying ) and yet Amanda is seriously running big time pr's and run4prs is just a broken record to me lol

thumbsup

Sorry but she is a gomi for me. She runs in long pants, gloves, head warmer, AND a sports bra. Please tell me why its so cold that you must wear pants and gloves but you need to show those abs too?! The girl look amazing but I don't like any female who flaunts her body so much like that. She does it for instagram likes. 

January 13, 2017
1:09 pm
JustSmileAndNod
Cat
Snarking Since:
December 30, 2016

Haha ok ,yeah I'll definitely give you that . I feel like she may be trying to gain a big sponser and knows ab shots like that = more IG followers . She has like 30k followers (who ARE all these people ??)

But I am weirdly super excited to see her actually get the sub3 !

January 13, 2017
2:31 pm
Hairy Limb Watch
Feline Porklord
Snarking Since:
February 22, 2012

JustSmileAndNod meowed

thumbsup

The two IG accounts that you both mentioned look like similar versions of each other with, run2pr being the more talented, ripped up one…

I want to like her, she's talented and has an amazing body.  But, even if Kara Goucher posed like this I would give her the side eye

because these types of photos just seem attention w***ey. And I think it's a distraction from her running talent.

January 13, 2017
3:14 pm
JustSmileAndNod
Cat
Snarking Since:
December 30, 2016

I think they just run out of poses lol . Because posting a pic of a run everyday , you're bound to run out of ideas lol . The above pics def get a little eye roll for sure , but I can give her (and really her only!) a pass because her training has been pretty cool to follow – and something about the sub3 is just so hard core to watch ! When HRG was going for it last year, it felt exciting to watch (but now, uh not so much on th HRG front lol)

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.