:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Jenna Cole Photography
January 9, 2017
4:38 pm
LifeHappens
Hamcat
Meows: 51
Snarking Since:
September 16, 2016

jennacolephoto_wed just posted a picture talking about social study and thanking them for opening up for her wine bar portion of her engagement session.  Good heavens, I hope she doesn't give this proof to the couple, you can't even see them, I think she took the picture from the other side of the glass and is getting an image of the outside of the building and part of the couple sitting inside.  Her comment is that it was cozy and intimate even with people typing away next to the couple.  There is certainly nothing cozy and intimate about this picture, if I had taken it I would have thrown it away once my film was developed, or deleted it immediately from the camera if it was digital. 

Then jennacolephoto_fam posted a picture with a light bar going through the middle, like the film was ruined or something. On that one she is gushing that it was a pleasure to document a quiet morning at home for someone.  Again, a picture worthy only of the trash can.

What in the world is she thinking with these pictures.angry

January 9, 2017
4:50 pm
#modifiedWhole30
MEOWGOD
Meows: 13462
Snarking Since:
March 4, 2013

"It's peak engagement time! Jenna Cole will be offering limited wedding availability throughout 2017 (even though I would be delighted to witness all the gorgeous and personal ceremonies scheduled for the next year!). Email jenna@jennacole.com and we can talk about how my vibrant style can jam with your beaming wedding day visage!"

Uh uh.

January 9, 2017
5:15 pm
Purple21
Feline Porklord
Meows: 4054
Snarking Since:
July 28, 2014

Maybe there's a job opening for a spirit photographer, capturing the vibrant visage of the ectoplasm haunting your family home. 

Then she could make good use of all that flawed film, by giving it back to the clients and saying "Here's a photo of your family ghost." 

As for that engagement photo – yes, it looks like she was snooping outside, took a really bad photo of the couple through the glass, and then tried to pretend it was an engagement session. 

January 9, 2017
5:22 pm
jw3402
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 295
Snarking Since:
October 1, 2011

derp twerk meowed
"It's peak engagement time! Jenna Cole will be offering limited wedding availability throughout 2017 (even though I would be delighted to witness all the gorgeous and personal ceremonies scheduled for the next year!). Email jenna@jennacole.com and we can talk about how my vibrant style can jam with your beaming wedding day visage!"

Uh uh.

"Limited wedding availability" – mmhmm. drool

January 9, 2017
11:42 pm
GobsmackedCelt
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 526
Snarking Since:
March 10, 2016

jw3402 meowed

derp twerk meowed

Uh uh.

Translation: "I'll work a wedding or two if I absolutely have to because I need to keep my spouse believing that I am a working photog, but only if you let me shoot expired film with cameras I don't really know how to use and your wedding is at the beach or in another state or, better yet, another country and you pay to fly me there."

January 10, 2017
10:19 am
Your Name is Liar
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 306
Snarking Since:
December 10, 2012

GobsmackedCelt meowed

jw3402 meowed

derp twerk meowed

Uh uh.

Translation: "I'll work a wedding or two if I absolutely have to because I need to keep my spouse believing that I am a working photog, but only if you let me shoot expired film with cameras I don't really know how to use and your wedding is at the beach or in another state or, better yet, another country and you pay to fly me there."

Yes, this. If you're available to witness the ceremony, you're available to work it. Or does she mean 2018? Maybe "following year" would have been clearer?

My Dog Knows Your Secrets
January 10, 2017
5:41 pm
Purple21
Feline Porklord
Snarking Since:
July 28, 2014

I think she's cribbed the wording from another photographer and messed it up. She meant to say "only a few spots available, so book now!" to imply demand (!!) and get people in a hurry to book.  But it doesn't work with weddings, because people have a specific date in mind, and they aren't going to call if they think you aren't available.

I follow a birth photographer on Instagram who just put up a post offering a 20% discount for people who book today…  

My availability is very limited, so inquire asap.

A birth photographer having limited availability is good business sense, but a wedding photographer who won't commit to working every single weekend is just not professional at all. 

February 2, 2017
3:57 pm
GobsmackedCelt
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 526
Snarking Since:
March 10, 2016

From Jenna's Liv Abso IG, on a photo of the kids and TH. She's cut TH off from the middle of his eyes up and T2's face is completely covered by a hand.

"I bought a #canoneos1 from @heathernan right before Christmas and when she shipped it to me she generously included a few rolls of Tmax 400 in the shipment. I've hardly used this stock at all so of course I decided to test out shooting #tmax400pushed2stops over a trip that's the only time we all were together in 2016. Nothing like the thrill of gambling with film!"

Nothing like using a photo where only one of her nuclear family's faces is fully visible to publicly memorialize that "only time we were all together in 2016" trip.

February 3, 2017
1:29 am
Purple21
Feline Porklord
Snarking Since:
July 28, 2014

So late December was the "only time we were all together in 2016." That's impressive even by Jenna's standards. 

February 3, 2017
11:24 am
woozily focused
Hamcat
Meows: 79
Snarking Since:
December 7, 2014

Purple21 meowed

So late December was the "only time we were all together in 2016." That's impressive even by Jenna's standards. 

Okay so what "we" is she referring to here?
If it's the 4 of them – no, a quick scroll back through her IG pics this year show them flying kites and biking with TH.

Does she mean the four of them plus her parents? Because didn't they all go on that airbnb trip together? She reported that TH was there and locked in a separate room working, if I'm remembering the right trip.

Or is she referring to the family of four, plus her parents, plus Shay? Or Nanny aunt? Because that's a weird way to define a general "we" without clarifying or even including those people in that picture.

Basically, I think Jenna's just trying to make herself sound like the poor solo parent again, as if TH couldn't make time for his family until Christmas.

February 3, 2017
1:42 pm
October
Hamcat
Meows: 132
Snarking Since:
September 8, 2013

woozily focused meowed

Purple21 meowed

Okay so what "we" is she referring to here?
If it's the 4 of them – no, a quick scroll back through her IG pics this year show them flying kites and biking with TH.

Does she mean the four of them plus her parents? Because didn't they all go on that airbnb trip together? She reported that TH was there and locked in a separate room working, if I'm remembering the right trip.

Or is she referring to the family of four, plus her parents, plus Shay? Or Nanny aunt? Because that's a weird way to define a general "we" without clarifying or even including those people in that picture.

Basically, I think Jenna's just trying to make herself sound like the poor solo parent again, as if TH couldn't make time for his family until Christmas.

And the ex-mo Yurt camping thing….she did take the kids to the wine castle on Fri alone, but I'm sure she said that TH "managed" (her words) to show up on Saturday afternoon and Sunday…some blahblah about taking a nap while other people watched her kids was her bliss.  Right?  I think that was early summer?  Liar liar pants on fire.  

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.