:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

A Practical Wedding
December 16, 2016
8:17 pm
couchpotato
Hamcat
Meows: 121
Snarking Since:
May 22, 2013

For what it's worth, I don't think kids should get Christmas presents from grandparents. It's too much. I was one of dozens and dozens of grandchildren on my mum's side of the family, and my grandmother would have gone broke trying to cover all of us. And you can't give presents to some and not others.

Parents, siblings, significant others and children is plenty.

December 17, 2016
6:43 pm
a hedgehog in uncle sams pants
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1558
Snarking Since:
April 5, 2015

We always got money from my grandmother and it was nice, but I also remember my parents and aunts and uncles giving her a card that made her cry every year. Later I found out it was a check to help her until her birthday in July, when they would give her another check. 

I think if grandparents want to give gifts and can afford it, great. If they can't, who cares? I want to believe that no one would ever be that selfish AND clueless, but…

I had moved onto Meg crowing about her ruptured cysts and the steal she got on the APW storefront in East Oakland. Gentrifying sure is nice, eh Meg? And don't worry, we won't forget that your life is a zillion times harder than everyone else's. Was there ever any mention about the fire in Oakland? I didn't see any…guess those weren't her people. 

December 17, 2016
11:26 pm
couchpotato
Hamcat
Meows: 121
Snarking Since:
May 22, 2013

And don't forget how Meg gave her staff members money for charity……guess Meg never read that giving loses meaning if you shout it from the rooftops.

December 19, 2016
8:51 am
poster child for the 7 deadly sins
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 985
Snarking Since:
April 23, 2015

The commenters on APW are such special snowflakes: "I'm currently sitting in the hospital with my baby GIRL (we didn't know if we were having a boy or girl, and family history pointed to boy) who was born last night" 

I mean, can family history point to a boy? What? 

Am I the crazy one here, because I'm seriously side-eyeing this comment, but no-one else has batted an eye-lid?

December 19, 2016
1:32 pm
lizahbee
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 252
Snarking Since:
April 3, 2013

>>The commenters and the staff both! Here's how Stephanie felt about Meg's gift: "'Here is $300, go spend it on YOURSELF AND ONLY YOURSELF' is kind of a nightmare for me." sfun_nopity

December 19, 2016
3:23 pm
Feline Porklord
Snarking Since:
April 5, 2015

lizahbee meowed
>>The commenters and the staff both! Here's how Stephanie felt about Meg's gift: "'Here is $300, go spend it on YOURSELF AND ONLY YOURSELF' is kind of a nightmare for me." sfun_nopity

Right? You could go to a nice clothing store and buy ONE outfit and be done. Or stock up on socks, underwear and tank tops for the year, or buy a lens for your camera or whatever. Nice try, Stephanie, that doesn't make up for what a jerk you always are. 

And the commenters! Oh man, they are all trying to be the next "Jubilance" and get picked up by Meg. Lisa drives me nuts! She isn't as bad as Lauren NH was but she drives me nuts in a different, so fake and trying to be soo nice way. 

December 20, 2016
10:38 am
Gred and Feorge Weasley
Kitten
Meows: 8
Snarking Since:
August 18, 2015

poster child for the 7 deadly sins meowed
The commenters on APW are such special snowflakes: "I'm currently sitting in the hospital with my baby GIRL (we didn't know if we were having a boy or girl, and family history pointed to boy) who was born last night" 

I mean, can family history point to a boy? What? 

Am I the crazy one here, because I'm seriously side-eyeing this comment, but no-one else has batted an eye-lid?

I give New Mom a pass. Could be family history of more boys than girls, all first-born were boys, the way she was carrying indicated a boy compared to her family, etc. I mean, is it 100% scientifically accurate? Nah. But I'm not batting an eye.

Definitely agree with sfun_nopityto Stephanie's comment, though. And Lauren From NH….ahhhh, I wonder what fights she's getting into with her in-laws now…..

December 20, 2016
1:24 pm
I live in Oakland
Kitten
Meows: 1
Snarking Since:
December 20, 2016

newhere   Well…new to posting.

WOW – I made an account just to come here and say how unbelievable Meg's "What we're proudest of this year" post is. I cannot believe how self-righteous and self-aggrandizing she sounds.

Main points, constantly rehashed:

-I wrote a book WHILE PREGNANT (and silly Maddie needs NAPS).

-#girlboss is "leaning the f**k in," because I'm better than you.

-DURING A HEALTH CRISIS, I got APW a new office, because #gentrification.

-#girlboss (again), telling you all how generous I am with my poor, pathetic employees. Pat me on the back.

-While the rest of you are buying one another frivolous gifts, I'm giving to the IRC instead, and I want you ALL to know I'm better than you for it!

Seriously, she is so insufferable. I can't anymore.

December 22, 2016
12:12 pm
Baffled
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 322
Snarking Since:
July 2, 2013

I live in Oakland meowed
newhere   Well…new to posting.

WOW – I made an account just to come here and say how unbelievable Meg's "What we're proudest of this year" post is.  I cannot believe how self-righteous and self-aggrandizing she sounds.

Welcome!  grouphug

Yes, the narcissism is deep with that one. 

How many company owners feel the need to announce that they gave their employees bonuses, let alone the details of what they spent it on?!

January 10, 2017
2:22 pm
lizahbee
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 252
Snarking Since:
April 3, 2013

Soooo they're giving Amy March her own column, in which people can snark (er, ask questions) about other people's weddings. They're trying to justify a second advice column by literally saying that Liz is measured and saint-like while Amy is…not. popcorn

January 10, 2017
7:23 pm
Feline Porklord
Snarking Since:
April 5, 2015

lizahbee meowed
Soooo they're giving Amy March her own column, in which people can snark (er, ask questions) about other people's weddings. They're trying to justify a second advice column by literally saying that Liz is measured and saint-like while Amy is…not. popcorn

What?!?!? There are going to be so many tears! I can't wait to see how the mods handle this! 

We need a trainwreck emoticon! 

January 11, 2017
6:36 pm
Baffled
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 322
Snarking Since:
July 2, 2013

This has a predictable outcome.

The Amy March column will open to great fanfare.  Given her blunt style and sometimes knee-jerk reactions, it's a matter of time before she sets off a fire bomb and some readers take great offense.

It's going to be entertaining to watch APW rush in to put out fires.  popcornpopcornpopcorn

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.