:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Young House Love
January 9, 2017
11:22 pm
B***h Eating Crackers
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 738
Snarking Since:
June 13, 2012

EmLaur meowed
So what color did they pick for the beach house? I don't want to listen to the whole podcast.

A dark peach color. They matched it off a coffee cup. Its not a soft color (would get too dirty and fade) and not so dark that it fades a lot

January 10, 2017
2:38 pm
EmLaur
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 635
Snarking Since:
May 1, 2013

B***h Eating Crackers meowed

EmLaur meowed
So what color did they pick for the beach house? I don't want to listen to the whole podcast.

A dark peach color. They matched it off a coffee cup. Its not a soft color (would get too dirty and fade) and not so dark that it fades a lot

Interesting!!  I'm glad they're getting out of their box a little (I feel like they are constantly decorating in shades of gray, blue, red and yellow).  I think it could be a cool color for a beach house.  

January 11, 2017
9:47 am
B***h Eating Crackers
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 738
Snarking Since:
June 13, 2012

I agree, I think its a great choice for a beach house. Pink is bright but eh, not my favorite for a house so peach-ish is a good compromise IMO. In the podcast she kept talking about how she has 10 years of pages from magazines and they are all gray, white, blue or tan colors and I was thinking "please, branch out from that" so I was happy they did

January 11, 2017
1:44 pm
SCC
Feline Porklord
Meows: 4585
Snarking Since:
October 18, 2012

Isn't dark peach like that coral color in their logo? Are they doing the exterior the same colors as the logo? 

**Leading By Example**
January 11, 2017
3:04 pm
EmLaur
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 635
Snarking Since:
May 1, 2013

SCC meowed
Isn't dark peach like that coral color in their logo? Are they doing the exterior the same colors as the logo? 

It's the color of the paper coffee cup above – I guess I would describe it as more of a soft (but not pastel) muddy peach color?  It's not bright like the color in their logo and doesn't have the red undertones.

January 11, 2017
3:12 pm
SCC
Feline Porklord
Meows: 4585
Snarking Since:
October 18, 2012

EmLaur meowed

SCC meowed

It's the color of the paper coffee cup above – I guess I would describe it as more of a soft muddy peach color?  It's not bright like the color in their logo and doesn't have the red undertones.

Thanks, EmLaur. My monitor is reading that as pink. Guess I must adjust!

**Leading By Example**
January 12, 2017
9:24 am
Here here here here here here and here
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 257
Snarking Since:
January 17, 2014

They really stretched out their content for deciding the beach house color. Multiple IG posts, podcasts, and an 8,000 word essay on their blog. Welcome back to your old ways, Petersiks.

January 12, 2017
7:06 pm
KAS
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 7918
Snarking Since:
June 6, 2011

Does the house even have walls yet?  Who cares what color it's going to be?  I don't.  In general, "here's the color I picked" is very boring content.  go_away

January 12, 2017
11:39 pm
Gusset
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1079
Snarking Since:
October 20, 2012

KAS meowed
Does the house even have walls yet? [...]

rofl

January 13, 2017
9:55 am
Victorian Sex Orgy
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1054
Snarking Since:
May 31, 2014

KAS meowed
Does the house even have walls yet?  Who cares what color it's going to be?  I don't.  In general, "here's the color I picked" is very boring content.  go_away

smiley-signs064

I mean, don't they have to replace siding and crap before all of that? Thank goodness I know the color in advance, now I can more properly appreciate the 8 months of work that will precede that step. 

Formerly Caitlin, Supermom
January 13, 2017
10:26 am
kitten heels
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 797
Snarking Since:
March 5, 2013

Maybe this has been talked about, but I went back and couldnt find it. In their 2016 recap I was really surprised that in one year they afforded

- finishing the bonus room upstairs

- a new KITCHEN

- and a new beach house.

Maybe this new sometimes posting and podcast are paying off, or their new jobs are well-paying? but man. thats a lot in one year

January 13, 2017
12:25 pm
PeePie
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 344
Snarking Since:
April 29, 2012

EmLaur meowed

So, Cup is the new Napkin? sani_elephantdance

January 13, 2017
12:35 pm
JoeyDoesntShareFood
Cat
Meows: 28
Snarking Since:
December 21, 2015

PeePie meowed

EmLaur meowed

So, Cup is the new Napkin? sani_elephantdance

LOL- new user name alert!

At least unlike our friend Sue it only has one (relatively usable) color as opposed to a bunch of crazy onesidontknow

I think I'm in the minority here but I had been hoping they would go with a soft, mid-tone green like BM Woodland Hills Green. I don't think the final choice was bad though given their surroundings (and endlessly unnecessary justification paragraphs)

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.