:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Young House Love
September 4, 2013
11:15 am
Bitch Eating Crackers
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 467
Snarking Since:
June 13, 2012

Original closet with moody pee colored grout

With shelves for toys, total cost $59

September 4, 2013
11:21 am
Blanche In The Sheets
Atlanta Underground
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 368
Snarking Since:
July 24, 2013

I just can't with that tile and grout. 

That's my strawberry shortcake, mother fucker.
September 4, 2013
11:23 am
I am Red
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 391
Snarking Since:
July 31, 2013

SherCat said
They have another closet a few feet back in the foyer, so if they want to use that one for toys, I can't fault it. I would however have painted the trim and the walls before putting in the shelves. It looks like it still has the original 30 year old paint in there, not the new milky tan or whatever is in the rest of the foyer. 

This. If they're hurting for content (which with some of the recent posts makes me wonder!) why not do this properly? Why wouldn't you paint the walls first?! Ugh so half assed.

September 4, 2013
11:29 am
SuSu

The toy rotation/organizing I am giving a thumbs up. I used something similar with my two back in the day. Less IS more when it comes to kiddoes, that's for sure.

Toy closet at front entrance? lol

So, when guests come over, they will have to figure out that their coats go under the stairs. Hmmmmm…uh

September 4, 2013
11:37 am
SherCat
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 257
Snarking Since:
May 15, 2013

SuSu said
The toy rotation/organizing I am giving a thumbs up. I used something similar with my two back in the day. Less IS more when it comes to kiddoes, that's for sure.

Toy closet at front entrance? lol

So, when guests come over, they will have to figure out that their coats go under the stairs. Hmmmmm…uh

Meh, I'm pretty sure the only guest they have over are John's family, nonna, and the Bowers, all of whom I'm sure read the blog, so they should catch on.

I just noticed in the repost of the pictures above that when she painted the supports for the original shelf, she got the white paint all over the walls, as if they're planning to paint in there. I'm mean yeah, if it were me it would be 4 years before I got it done, but come on, two people are home all day everyday doing this stuff for a living and they couldn't have dedicated 30 mins. to this? When they painted the rest of the foyer and had the stuff out already?

September 4, 2013
11:46 am
Bitch Ass White Woman by Benjamin Moore
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 261
Snarking Since:
August 14, 2013

This reminds me of a post from http://iheartorganizing.blogspot.com/. Except Jen would have painted the inside, covered the shelves in interesting paper, made pretty labels and included a free printable organization list. In short, she would have done a better job. 

My kid is only 18 months old, but it seems like a lot to expect Clara to only check one toy our at a time and understand the whole library concept. Are the Petersiks playing toy gestapo, or am I too permissive?

[Formerly theretheyretheir]
September 4, 2013
11:57 am
NotMyJam2
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 831
Snarking Since:
March 8, 2013

jessica97 said
Original closet with moody pee colored grout

With shelves for toys, total cost $59

Thank you!

September 4, 2013
12:18 pm
WheresMyCoffee
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 6193
Snarking Since:
December 4, 2012

anyone notice the doors next to the closet are shut? what is right there? The office? Dining room? I still don't know the house layout very well..

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

September 4, 2013
12:32 pm
Shabby Chic Chick
Shabby.Chic.Chick @aol.com
Feline Porklord
Meows: 4062
Snarking Since:
October 18, 2012

Again, they totally half ass it. I think we all know how to install those shelves. I'm sure there was a way to make it more creative and more attractive. 

Behold, Thrifty Decor Chick's space for her kiddo

http://thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com/2011/05/closet-turned-book-nook.html

**Leading By Example**
September 4, 2013
12:34 pm
I am Red
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 391
Snarking Since:
July 31, 2013

WheresMyCoffee said
anyone notice the doors next to the closet are shut? what is right there? The office? Dining room? I still don't know the house layout very well..

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The only door shut in any of the pics in today's post is the front door.

September 4, 2013
12:38 pm
maeve
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 600
Snarking Since:
May 3, 2012

WheresMyCoffee said

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The door next to the toy closet on the left is the office, and to the right the front door. And in the post the door to the office was wide open. So I'm not sure what you're referring to?

September 4, 2013
12:43 pm
PetoonyaPicklePuss
Senior Hamcat
Meows: 650
Snarking Since:
December 15, 2011

theretheyretheir said

This reminds me of a post from http://iheartorganizing.blogspot.com/. Except Jen would have painted the inside, covered the shelves in interesting paper, made pretty labels and included a free printable organization list. In short, she would have done a better job. 

My kid is only 18 months old, but it seems like a lot to expect Clara to only check one toy our at a time and understand the whole library concept. Are the Petersiks playing toy gestapo, or am I too permissive?

I had a friend whose mom made her take out one toy at a time. My mom made fun of her mom.

September 4, 2013
12:43 pm
justkillingtime
Expert Hamcat
Meows: 287
Snarking Since:
May 1, 2013

imacynicalbitch said
Don't people wear coats in Richmond, VA????? 

I guess if a toy closet works for them, just that I'd never do it.  My last house had a front hall WALK-IN closet . . . . I told it my secrets and let it braid my hair.

Well, we come in from our garage, so we have coat hanging options there, not by the front door. And friends come in that way too; if they come in the front, they are still more likely to toss a jacket over a chair than bother to hang it up.  Our coat closet doesn't get used for coats either.

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMI's Comment Policy. For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or Get Off My Internets. Get Off My Internets makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

What are the Forum Ranks?