:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

Emily Henderson
January 10, 2017
4:45 am
particularly in want of green baize
Kitten
Meows: 3
Snarking Since:
January 10, 2017

Oh, and she hasn't even fixed the question that refers to Thailand as a city.

January 11, 2017
3:41 pm
snarkatron
Cat
Meows: 16
Snarking Since:
January 4, 2017

fodderfordays meowed

Bingo Pajama meowed
As a surprise to no-one, Emily is now trying to sell that stupid metal custom desk they got made for Brian all of what, 6 months ago? That woman wastes sooooooooo much money it's insane. rolleyes

Is she for real selling it?? They literally just made it. And when it was made it was a fail, what with the lines going all across the top so that there is no smooth surface area. Why does she custom make things to then sell them? It's so crazy how much money she burns through doing that. First the bed and now the desk.

At least the desk is fairly attractive (though still flawed for lack of smooth surface). That bedframe was FUG. Surely some fangirl bought it and crammed it into whatever bedroom space she had, because you'd need a palace for it to not look ridiculous. And perhaps some really dim lighting…. or a blindfold.

January 11, 2017
4:45 pm
Millie Lammoreaux
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1086
Snarking Since:
February 12, 2016

I honestly love that bed she had made chair but, 70s decor is my jam. I think it would look amazing in a home like John and Linda Meyers'.

January 11, 2017
4:47 pm
snassbonnett
Cat
Meows: 20
Snarking Since:
December 14, 2016

Props to Em Hen!

Today in her insta feed her living room does not in fact look pink, gold, Target, $24.99, weeee! It has much more of an older gentleman smoking a cigar and reading a newspaper vibe. Did that come from an overpriced antique store?! Let's add it in! chair

January 11, 2017
6:10 pm
Dr. Narcisse
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 267
Snarking Since:
October 24, 2016

Saw a preview of her living room on ig. It's so fug. Feel like this house had so much potential and she's just trashing it. Gross.
trainwreck

January 11, 2017
8:17 pm
GOMI Math
Hamcat
Meows: 105
Snarking Since:
June 22, 2015

snassbonnett meowed
Props to Em Hen!

Today in her insta feed her living room does not in fact look pink, gold, Target, $24.99, weeee! It has much more of an older gentleman smoking a cigar and reading a newspaper vibe. Did that come from an overpriced antique store?! Let's add it in! chair

So I have to admit I kind of like Emily's use of Target finds. Personally, we are on a limited budget (still under a mountain of law school debt while being a single income family) and I think she does a good job selecting aesthetically pleasing pieces at a reasonable price point. My house isn't pink and gold or even her style at all – it's more of a Scandinavian/modern farmhouse in whites and black and raw wood. While it's great that we have some large antique pieces gifted from family members in our 1940's farmhouse, it's nice to be able to layer in inexpensive options where we can. 

I'm just don't thinkTarget is the worst…chair

January 11, 2017
11:33 pm
snassbonnett
Cat
Meows: 20
Snarking Since:
December 14, 2016

Nothing wrong with Target or decorating on a budget! I was trying to speak to the predictions that she would decorate this house with the whites, pinks, golds, pop of blue, etc like she has done before.
Nothing wrong with vintage and antiques either!
To me, her living room just looked kinda dark and busy, maybe?I think it's difficult to pull off what she is trying to pull off (the look of a lived in, life long gathered, old world style home. Or maybe I just don't care for the portrait on the wall! Sorry for coming across as being a jerk!

GOMI Math meowed

snassbonnett meowed
Props to Em Hen!

So I have to admit I kind of like Emily's use of Target finds. Personally, we are on a limited budget (still under a mountain of law school debt while being a single income family) and I think she does a good job selecting aesthetically pleasing pieces at a reasonable price point. My house isn't pink and gold or even her style at all – it's more of a Scandinavian/modern farmhouse in whites and black and raw wood. While it's great that we have some large antique pieces gifted from family members in our 1940's farmhouse, it's nice to be able to layer in inexpensive options where we can. 

I'm just don't thinkTarget is the worst…chair

January 12, 2017
3:34 am
ktk585
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 317
Snarking Since:
April 9, 2012

The amount of money this lady spends absolutely astonishes me! Especially when she drops comments about not saving for retirement until recently, having to borrow money from family to buy their last house less than 3 years ago, etc. I'm torn judging because spending money is kiiiiind of her job, but damn.

I also think she's wayyyyy overthinking the staging of her current home, but again, kind of her job. As someone who is currently selling my home in LA (which I staged myself, sssf) I'm also dead curious to see what she lists for. The market is absolutely bonkers right now, although I don't know Glendale well…

January 12, 2017
3:59 am
bensimons-less in Paris
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 765
Snarking Since:
May 13, 2014

Is it common to style a house you no longer live in? here, people will just empty it, as it's even easier for buyers to picture the house with their own stuff.

January 12, 2017
9:03 am
rockinsushiokaaay
Hamcat
Meows: 139
Snarking Since:
October 13, 2015

She annoys the bejesus out of me, with her stupid GIFs and questionable decorating taste, but I have to admit that I actually like what she did to the outside of their old place.

January 12, 2017
9:40 am
bethanyb00m
Hamcat
Meows: 58
Snarking Since:
March 7, 2013

I have to wonder how much money she's losing selling her house.  The exterior looks great but there's no way she's going to come close to recouping those costs. eek

January 12, 2017
10:47 am
EmLaur
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1109
Snarking Since:
May 1, 2013

bensimons-less in Paris meowed
Is it common to style a house you no longer live in? here, people will just empty it, as it's even easier for buyers to picture the house with their own stuff.

Staged houses sell much faster and for more money.  I think 95% of staged homes sell within 11 days.  

January 12, 2017
12:24 pm
ktk585
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 317
Snarking Since:
April 9, 2012

bethanyb00m meowed

I have to wonder how much money she's losing selling her house.  The exterior looks great but there's no way she's going to come close to recouping those costs. eek

She paid $640k and my best guess would be she's listing for $1.1-1.2 (with the huge caveat that while I know LA I do not know Glendale), so I think think they'll make money even though they seem to be burning throughit. I do at least appreciate the transparency even if it makes me even cringe.

And yes, you should stage, especially at the top of the market. PEOple tend to have no creativity.

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.