:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

Barefoot Blonde
November 9, 2016
4:11 pm
f**kyouismyname
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 466
Snarking Since:
July 22, 2015

Those babies aren't going to fall through the bars of the window for f**ks sake drool

November 9, 2016
6:12 pm
SideEyes
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 849
Snarking Since:
June 5, 2015

From Twitter:

@HaileyDevine3, @Devine_Brad & amberlfillerup?!?! This is gonna be amazing!!!!! They are filming a NYC Travel Guide! "</p

What does Ambular have to offer on NYC other than "we go to Central Park and eat ice cream. Otherwise we are in our apartment. Tee hee."

November 10, 2016
7:23 am
Sucks to your Assmar
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 702
Snarking Since:
July 15, 2014

f**kyouismyname meowed

Those babies aren't going to fall through the bars of the window for f**ks sake drool

bandwagonsha_clap2sha_clap2sha_clap2

November 10, 2016
8:54 am
ilikeveggies
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 261
Snarking Since:
January 6, 2016

La Mer serum? What teeny bopper can afford that? It's bizarre that Neiman Marcus/La Mer would even turn to Amber to advertise their product. Maybe she's got a one-sheeter of an older demographic than we think she has. She's so off-brand for them regardless. 

November 10, 2016
9:04 am
Pirates of the Peonies
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 7485
Snarking Since:
January 23, 2015

ilikeveggies meowed

La Mer serum? What teeny bopper can afford that? It's bizarre that Neiman Marcus/La Mer would even turn to Amber to advertise their product. Maybe she's got a one-sheeter of an older demographic than we think she has. She's so off-brand for them regardless. 

What does Amber need La Mer for? She publically relies on botox and fillers to smooth her wrinkles! Great choice there Neiman Marcus. rolleyes

November 10, 2016
10:12 am
Milk Milk Lemonade
Hamcat
Meows: 191
Snarking Since:
June 26, 2014

Strangled by a Blanket Scarf meowed

ilikeveggies meowed

What does Amber need La Mer for? She publically relies on botox and fillers to smooth her wrinkles! Great choice there Neiman Marcus. rolleyes

I always have anecdotal skin comments, but its my life. Huscat is a research dermatologist. He says your better off throwing $100 dollars out the window than buying La Mer (people often have allergic reactions to its nefarious ingredients). There isn't anything scientifically proven in it to help wrinkles that drugstore moisturizers can't do just as well. Its all marketing. Get you an rx for a retinol and some cetaphil. But gotta get those clicks and $$$$.   

November 10, 2016
11:09 am
Bob Loblaw
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1234
Snarking Since:
May 10, 2013

Milk Milk Lemonade meowed

Strangled by a Blanket Scarf meowed

ilikeveggies meowed

I always have anecdotal skin comments, but its my life. Huscat is a research dermotologist. He says your better off throwing $100 dollars out the window than buying La Mer (people often have allergic reactions to its nefarious ingredients). There isn't anything scientifically proven in it to help wrinkles that drugstore moisturizers can't do just as well. Its all marketing. Get you an rx for a retinol and some cetaphil. But gotta get those clicks and $$$$.   

OMG–this!!!  I spent $1000 on La Mer at Nordstrom a little more than a year ago.  I've NEVER had eczema in life.  My cheeks, eyelids, and all under my eyes flared up with eczema and it was the worst.  Those areas were bright red for days (couldn't wear makeup to cover it because it was already so irritated) and it itched like crazy.  At first I thought it was just an allergic reaction because we moved into a new house and the previous owners had two large dogs, but after a visit to the doctor I was told to stop using La Mer.  I didn't listen and was determined that only one product caused the reaction.  NOPE.  I tried each one over the course of a month and had a new flare up each week.  

For reference, these were the products: moisturizing cream, the eye concentrate, treatment lotion, and regenerating serum.  The best part is when I went back to Nordstrom, the SA who sold the products to me told me no one has ever had a reaction like that.  She then gave me a sample of the "concentrate" and insisted it would "heal" the bright red skin around my eyes.  Well, it just made it worse!  I took it all back for a refund after that.  I am one of those people who loves to try new products, and I can honestly say I have never had any other products cause an atopic reaction like that.  Save your money and avoid the hype.

November 10, 2016
1:00 pm
arugula
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 265
Snarking Since:
December 10, 2015

Cerave is awesome and doesn't irritate sensitive skin or make acne worse! I use their cleansers too. As someone who has been on accutane, I have too much experience with skin products. Affordable too.

November 10, 2016
6:30 pm
driving consumerism
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 391
Snarking Since:
August 8, 2016

Excited to read these responses because I've always wondered if la mer was worth it. Thanks guys!

And yea, Amby is a moron pushing it. She's a 26 yr old who uses Botox! As if la mer is doing anything for her. Just like Emily over at ivory lane and her new flavor of the wk skin care pimping.

November 10, 2016
6:30 pm
All My Shilldren
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 279
Snarking Since:
February 1, 2016

arugula meowed

Cerave is awesome and doesn't irritate sensitive skin or make acne worse! I use their cleansers too. As someone who has been on accutane, I have too much experience with skin products. Affordable too.

Going to give a shoutout to my favorite company- 100% Pure (100percentpure.com). They make awesome skin care products. Primarily organic, no synthetic fragrances, and not tested on animals. They only have a few locations but it's worth the effort to look them up/buy online. Also, I'm fairly certain shipping is free thumbsup

November 10, 2016
6:39 pm
alice
Meows: 12384
Snarking Since:
September 3, 2008

arugula meowed

Cerave lotion (the blue and white pump bottle) is LIFE. I've been using it for a couple of years now and it's the best stuff ever, it even works well on my face. Their PM face lotion is great as well. I liked the cleanser but I'm kind of attached to my Noxema so I didn't repurchase. I pimp Cerave to everyone I know!

November 10, 2016
7:52 pm
driving consumerism
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 391
Snarking Since:
August 8, 2016

Alice meowed

arugula meowed

Cerave lotion (the blue and white pump bottle) is LIFE. I've been using it for a couple of years now and it's the best stuff ever, it even works well on my face. Their PM face lotion is great as well. I liked the cleanser but I'm kind of attached to my Noxema so I didn't repurchase. I pimp Cerave to everyone I know!

Gonna check this out!! Need a new moisturizer and have been buying and returning at the speed of goldilocks lately. Thanks guys!

November 10, 2016
8:50 pm
Maybe She Is Born With It… Maybe It Is Restylane
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 616
Snarking Since:
June 15, 2016

driving consumerism meowed

Alice meowed

arugula meowed

Gonna check this out!! Need a new moisturizer and have been buying and returning at the speed of goldilocks lately. Thanks guys!

MAC makes a great, slightly thicker lotion that I use with my CeraVe in the winter when my skin dries out and under my eyes- Studio Moisture Creme. Somewhat confusingly, the travel size is almost as big as than the normal size, comes in better packaging, and $21 cheaper ($12). The La Mer stuff is BS mostly because it comes in a tub, so even if the ingredients were better than CeraVe, Cetaphil, or MAC's moisturizer, they would break down when exposed to oxygen and light. And, even if they didn't when exposed to oxygen and light, they would the minute you dip your bacteria-ridden, oily fingers into it. Never buy tub moisturizer or makeup, it's so gross when you think about it. 

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.