:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

Cupcakes and Cashmere
October 12, 2017
12:25 pm
curated caca
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 353
Snarking Since:
April 28, 2017

I'm so confused as to what Cuppy does to maker her skin dewy/glowy. Serums? Chemical peels? Dermaplaning? Illuminators? It's something different every week. 

I really wish she'd part her hair differently — it's looking so thin at the front. Just move it over an  inch. Of course, that's probably too scary/intimidating. 

October 12, 2017
1:06 pm
EffortlessEmpath
Cat
Meows: 35
Snarking Since:
April 25, 2017

presciously enlightened meowed

aerialss meowed

Blame the Jetlag meowed
I cannot even believe that Cuppy is telling us to put serums (which are usually expensive) OVER make-up, which will, at best, make the serum much less effective and at worst smear your make-up everywhere.  And then accompanies that post about a "dewy glow" with a picture in which she looks like she's near death and neither dewy or glow-y.  drool 

THANK YOU. She has no idea what dewy is. She looks like a corpse 99% of the time and nothing even close to glowing or dewy.

but you know, she does tan really easily!rolleyes

Right? You might even call her ability to tan "uncanny." smiley-laughing004

October 12, 2017
3:28 pm
melurkyoulongtime
Cat
Meows: 25
Snarking Since:
April 17, 2017

Emily's skin is looking extra craggy in her most recent post.  Again, I've seen lots of people make the white on white or cream on cream look really chic.. but on her it doesn't work. This one is better than the diaper pants version, but its still not right… I don't think that type of blouse is meant to be tucked in, the pants are an awkward lenth, and the double platform shoes look cheap.  Idk, I can think of a few ways that I'd style that look to make it better, but I don't want to give her or leslie any ideas. 

October 12, 2017
3:38 pm
MOTHERS WITHOUT CHILDREN
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1266
Snarking Since:
March 11, 2014

melurkyoulongtime meowed
Emily's skin is looking extra craggy in her most recent post.  Again, I've seen lots of people make the white on white or cream on cream look really chic.. but on her it doesn't work. This one is better than the diaper pants version, but its still not right… I don't think that type of blouse is meant to be tucked in, the pants are an awkward lenth, and the double platform shoes look cheap.  Idk, I can think of a few ways that I'd style that look to make it better, but I don't want to give her or leslie any ideas. 

Yikes. Not a good look. And she is wearing a shit-ton of makeup in those pictures. I know she doesn't wear foundation anymore, but um, she appears to be wearing quite a lot of foundation/concealer/powder. 

October 12, 2017
4:06 pm
candycake
Hamcat
Meows: 65
Snarking Since:
May 3, 2017

Calls post "a pop of color". Proceeds to hide color. smiley-laughing004smiley-laughing004smiley-laughing004

October 12, 2017
4:28 pm
curated caca
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 353
Snarking Since:
April 28, 2017

Cuppy's own fashion rules aren't anything new — this is why there are so many options available in fashion these days…from every type of jean under the sun, to a kaleidoscope of colors/textures year round. This combo of cream/white/brown with a "pop of color" (I effing hate that phrase) is definitely a miss. Platforms tend to look strange with cropped pants. The blouse is pulling in the front and is too close to being white to coordinate with those jeans. None of her attempts at combining cream/white/ivory are successful. Maybe it's because she's blonde? Whatever the reason, if you search for "cream and white outfit ideas," there are so many other better examples out there. 

October 12, 2017
4:54 pm
patiobeersandpeonies
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1140
Snarking Since:
April 24, 2012

Newbie snark meowed
Regarding her ‘dewy’ serum post: why can’t she call up a professional make up artist for tips on creating a ‘dewy’ look. The idea of putting serum over make up is totally ludicrous. You’re meant to apply it under moisturizer for optimal effect, so what If any benefit is it provideing over all the layers of make up etc. not to mention smearing any precision work!?! It’s such a waste and misuse of product! Again, why can’t she use her big girl boss lady clout to seek professional advice! sangry

Problem is, Cuppy is LAZY A F and would claim it makes her anxious to seek outside advice. Also it would require finding a makeup artist / aesthetician who would then tell her WHY this is a stupid thing to do. It's easier for Cups to dole out her own horrible advice. She also wouldn't have to pay anyone for the post. 

October 12, 2017
7:08 pm
Poppy Ann
Cat
Meows: 14
Snarking Since:
January 27, 2017

In the glowy skin post, I thought she looked nicer in the before pic. I disagree with her that the serum did not make her face look greasy.

October 12, 2017
11:47 pm
brinx
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 210
Snarking Since:
December 7, 2013

Cuppy has a cookie collab releasing later this month. Chocolate, chocolate, with more chocolate.

October 13, 2017
5:06 am
The Inconvenient Toddler
Hamcat
Meows: 77
Snarking Since:
May 11, 2015

Terrible outfit she put together. Brown suede platforms with a red bag? One of her fan girls said the bag is gorgeous…she didn’t even SHOW the bag! Stark white can go with off-white…not in this case. There doesn’t seem to be any thought that went into putting these random pieces together.

October 13, 2017
12:41 pm
Snarkerson – The Single Best Thing I Ever Did So I Would Calm Down
Hamcat
Meows: 157
Snarking Since:
March 29, 2017

I had a peek at next week's blog content:

Monday:

• AM:  The Single Most Unexpected Surprising Important Thing that I Always Do That Surprised Me About My Myself When I Changed One Simple Thing And Did Something I Never Did Before I Did It.
  • PM:  I Took a Shower Every Day for a Week and How I Overcame My Anxiety About Bathing and the Single Most Unexpected Surprising Thing That Happened When I Bathe

Tuesday:

• AM:  Career Contessa – Four Worst Mistakes You Make When You Speak at a Job Interview and The Best Ways to Look Like You Don’t Ever Make a Mistake
  • PM:  Fashion:  A Fall Favorite with a Pop of Color:  Ever since high school, I have always thought that I should wear clothes that make me feel and look my best.  But I decided to change it up and switch it up for something new and fresh so I paired this white blouse with these denim drop-crotch lycra pants for a fresh take on basics for fall.  Celine sunglasses ($210), Topshop white blouse ($210), Forever 21 Denim Drop Crotch Pants ($120), Stuart Weitzman shoes ($640), Forever 21 clutch ($90), affordable options here, here, here, here.
  • PM:   Leslie’s List.  It’s only Tuesday and it’s been a crazy week so far with the last few days of the shade-grown tofu festival, the free screenings at the Skirball Theater of all of the new crowd-sourced, vegan-directed movies that will be released in 2018, and my first days at hang-gliding camp altitude training. 

Wednesday:

• AM:   Beauty:  My Unexpected Surprising Trick to Looking Fresh:  I Stopped Washing My Face For A Month and Used Hair Conditioner as a Serum over Lipstick
  • PM:   Links The Interns Love

Thursday:

• AM:  How I Spend Less on Clothes and the Single Most Surprising Trick I Have For Feeling Less Anxious About Spending Money on Clothes and Looking Better than I Ever Have
  • PM:   Fashion:  A Pop of Color on a Fall Favorite:  Celine sunglasses ($210), Diane von Furstenberg dress ($810), Vivian Delarosa Sweater ($1,700), Fendi shoes ($720), Fendi bag ($1,620), affordable options here, here, here, here.

Friday:

• AM:  Five Things – picture of a cookie or ice cream cone, Sloan, random photo of me looking slim (view from my chest to my shoes), cat photo and photo of house with a pumpkin or fall leaf
  • PM:  Weekday Wardrobe – five photos of me looking nearly homeless in diaper pants
October 13, 2017
12:45 pm
Mate Shiny Pants
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1655
Snarking Since:
July 29, 2016

puke

Snarkerson – The Single Best Thing I Ever Did So I Would Calm Down meowed

I had a peek at next week's blog content:

Monday:

• AM:  The Single Most Unexpected Surprising Important Thing that I Always Do That Surprised Me About My Myself When I Changed One Simple Thing And Did Something I Never Did Before I Did It.
  • PM:  I Took a Shower Every Day for a Week and How I Overcame My Anxiety About Bathing and the Single Most Unexpected Surprising Thing That Happened When I Bathe

Tuesday:

• AM:  Career Contessa – Four Worst Mistakes You Make When You Speak at a Job Interview and The Best Ways to Look Like You Don’t Ever Make a Mistake
  • PM:  Fashion:  A Fall Favorite with a Pop of Color:  Ever since high school, I have always thought that I should wear clothes that make me feel and look my best.  But I decided to change it up and switch it up for something new and fresh so I paired this white blouse with these denim drop-crotch lycra pants for a fresh take on basics for fall.  Celine sunglasses ($210), Topshop white blouse ($210), Forever 21 Denim Drop Crotch Pants ($120), Stuart Weitzman shoes ($640), Forever 21 clutch ($90), affordable options here, here, here, here.
  • PM:   Leslie’s List.  It’s only Tuesday and it’s been a crazy week so far with the last few days of the shade-grown tofu festival, the free screenings at the Skirball Theater of all of the new crowd-sourced, vegan-directed movies that will be released in 2018, and my first days at hang-gliding camp altitude training. 

Wednesday:

• AM:   Beauty:  My Unexpected Surprising Trick to Looking Fresh:  I Stopped Washing My Face For A Month and Used Hair Conditioner as a Serum over Lipstick
  • PM:   Links The Interns Love

Thursday:

• AM:  How I Spend Less on Clothes and the Single Most Surprising Trick I Have For Feeling Less Anxious About Spending Money on Clothes and Looking Better than I Ever Have
  • PM:   Fashion:  A Pop of Color on a Fall Favorite:  Celine sunglasses ($210), Diane von Furstenberg dress ($810), Vivian Delarosa Sweater ($1,700), Fendi shoes ($720), Fendi bag ($1,620), affordable options here, here, here, here.

Friday:

• AM:  Five Things – picture of a cookie or ice cream cone, Sloan, random photo of me looking slim (view from my chest to my shoes), cat photo and photo of house with a pumpkin or fall leaf
  • PM:  Weekday Wardrobe – five photos of me looking nearly homeless in diaper pants

I am laughing out loud at my desk. So accurate. I love you. So many username options in here.

October 13, 2017
1:14 pm
blahblogreader
Cat
Meows: 45
Snarking Since:
July 10, 2015

She's leaning in to comfort food this weekend. Not cooking, making, eating or enjoying, but LEANING IN. 

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.