:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

Cupcakes and Cashmere
November 1, 2017
5:01 pm
Snarkerson – The Single Best Thing I Ever Did So I Would Calm Down
Hamcat
Meows: 162
Snarking Since:
March 29, 2017

Today's saving money post by Leslie, the indulged, trust-fund baby Los Angelino, is pure gold.   

Leslie is judging how much she saves by what she chooses not to buy.  Today, I didn't buy a Maserati. Look!  I saved $100,000!  I didn't buy a piano and saved another $3,000!

She states that for several months leading up to the surgery, she put away as much cash as possible by only spending $100 outside of fixed costs.  We know from her posts that in the several months leading up to the surgery she went on several trips including Guatemala, the Olympic National Park and Portland to name a few.  In her weekly posts she tells us about what she can't live without – organic grocery delivery, subscriptions to Song-A-Day and Kinfolk, gym memberships and classes, $78 house slippers, etc.   I am not buying it.

I love the comment throwing Cuppy and Lady Geeee under the bus stating that they should have paid for the surgery because their insurance didn't cover Leslie's gum surgery.  Forever afraid of being canned (Alina syle), Leslie defended Cuppy and Lady Geeeeee and said that she wanted to pay for it.  Right.

November 1, 2017
5:54 pm
Dear in Headlights
Feline Porklord
Meows: 3802
Snarking Since:
November 29, 2012

melurkyoulongtime meowed

MOTHERS WITHOUT CHILDREN meowed

amykaye meowed
I actually think Leslie has serious food or body image issues. Between the exercise and carefully calibrated veggie meals it always sounds unstable to me and one of the readers noted that it was triggering for her eating disorder to read Leslie’s posts.

I agree. Her skin also is pale and sallow, which seems off for a "healthy" person like she purports to be.

Totally hear you. Her vegan experiment, work out tips, and weekly 'things-to-try-hard-at list all point toward a person who has a preoccupation with food and exercise. She's casually mentioned multiple times that she does TWO WORKOUTS A DAY .. which is excessive. I'm all for being healthy and moving your body on a regular basis, but she seems to be SO regimented.  Her 'tips for being motivated' didn't provide healthy insight. It was: 1. Get competitive with yourself 2.  No off days (just tell yourself you 'Dont miss work outs!')  3. Workout EVERY morning before work  4. Join a bunch of gyms and classes and go all the time  5. Loop a buddy in to guilt you into working out. 
Cool to see what she tells herself, but I dont think that her advice is sound enough to recommend to the masses.   

I haven't gone to the blog to read the post, but if she is advocating working out every single day and twice a day, that's a good way to injure/hurt yourself. Your body needs some time to recover. These people are stupid and give bad (and sometimes dangerous) advice when they have no business doing so. Anyone who is dumb enough to take her advice is risking their health.

November 1, 2017
9:20 pm
curated caca
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 409
Snarking Since:
April 28, 2017

Snarkerson – The Single Best Thing I Ever Did So I Would Calm Down meowed
Today's saving money post by Leslie, the indulged, trust-fund baby Los Angelino, is pure gold.   

Leslie is judging how much she saves by what she chooses not to buy.  Today, I didn't buy a Maserati. Look!  I saved $100,000!  I didn't buy a piano and saved another $3,000!

She states that for several months leading up to the surgery, she put away as much cash as possible by only spending $100 outside of fixed costs.  We know from her posts that in the several months leading up to the surgery she went on several trips including Guatemala, the Olympic National Park and Portland to name a few.  In her weekly posts she tells us about what she can't live without – organic grocery delivery, subscriptions to Song-A-Day and Kinfolk, gym memberships and classes, $78 house slippers, etc.   I am not buying it.

I love the comment throwing Cuppy and Lady Geeee under the bus stating that they should have paid for the surgery because their insurance didn't cover Leslie's gum surgery.  Forever afraid of being canned (Alina syle), Leslie defended Cuppy and Lady Geeeeee and said that she wanted to pay for it.  Right.

Yeah, I can't take her money saving strategies seriously. I will say that it's very helpful to see where all of your money is going each month, but when someone says they're spending $400-$500 every two weeks on non-fixed expenses, I wouldn't think it would be difficult to put away a decent amount of money each month. Also, how expensive is gum surgery?? And is it preventable? I'm definitely brushing and flossing extra carefully from now on. 

Is anyone else annoyed by the number of times she mentions her boyfriend? She mentioned him at least eight times in that post. 

November 1, 2017
9:24 pm
That Napping Nitwit
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1918
Snarking Since:
March 17, 2014

curated caca meowed

Damn, Cups. Way to up the snark and passive aggressiveness in that post. She really wants Halloween to be about her instead of Sloan. Cuppy knew way back in August that Sloan wanted to dress up as Moana and head to toe sequins with a cheap mask was the best she could come up with? Give me a break.
Her IG stories are so gross and uncomfortable.
• Luna had a tooth rotting out of her mouth?? Is this common with older cats? Are there any signs that something is wrong?
• I’m glad Cuppy confirmed that the cats are always climbing on the counters and she has to act shocked when non-cat people see them up there. I’m sure she disinfects the counter before putting food out, but Cups acts like it’s funny that it’s gross.
•. Best part of her stories from last night: “Geeee and I are having phuuuuuh.” There’s something about her pronunciation of “pho” that makes me want to flick her on the forehead.
•. All of those candy wrappers…my stomach hurts just looking at that pile.

I think she is pronouncing it correctly.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jgX2q9WPoqo

November 1, 2017
10:44 pm
Pinteresting
Hamcat
Meows: 64
Snarking Since:
January 23, 2017

What a joke. Typical Leslie – sticking to a budget is having your boyfriend's mom pay for dinner or serving your friends leftover Thai soup. The budget tips were so bizarre….. Keeping an organic frozen quiche in a cooler in the car…. tragically skipping brunch…. Drinking homemade coffee instead of her daily $4 latte…. Organic farmers market veggies when she could also buy frozen veggies at the supermarket (this probably was a wash since produce in CA farmers markets is often reasonable but I don't see her in the freezer aisle buying broccoli).

Guess C&C doesn't have an HSA or FSA.

November 1, 2017
11:22 pm
Rockstud Pumpkins
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2789
Snarking Since:
May 12, 2012

curated caca meowed 

Also, how expensive is gum surgery?? And is it preventable? I'm definitely brushing and flossing extra carefully from now on. 

I had a graft in college for a receding gum line and it was pretty expensive even with insurance! My out of pocket cost was $1000 (at a minimum, it could have been more), and I think my insurance covered a fair amount of it. I don't know what Leslie had done (she indicated she was on a liquid diet for 2 weeks so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what she had done because I was laid up and could barely eat for two weeks), but receding gum lines can be genetics, or it could be bad oral hygiene. I brush in the morning and floss/brush again every night and still had it happen. I could be a zombie and would still probably brush my teeth. Several people in my family have had to have grafts to have a receding gum line fixed and they take good care of their teeth, so I think in my case it's just genetics. My dentist keeps careful track of my gum line and occasionally I have tooth scaling (basically a deep cleaning with novocane because they clean into the gum line) to make sure everything stays really clean and ideally prevent the issue from reoccurring/bacteria forming in pockets. My insurance covers the scaling as preventative care and it's been affordable, I had it done last year in addition to 2 regular cleanings and I think I only spent $90 out of pocket on dental care last year. 

Sorry for the hijacked. Go to the dentist folks even if you are diligent about brushing and flossing!

November 2, 2017
9:19 am
Mate Shiny Pants
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1800
Snarking Since:
July 29, 2016

curated caca meowed

Yeah, I can't take her money saving strategies seriously. I will say that it's very helpful to see where all of your money is going each month, but when someone says they're spending $400-$500 every two weeks on non-fixed expenses, I wouldn't think it would be difficult to put away a decent amount of money each month. Also, how expensive is gum surgery?? And is it preventable? I'm definitely brushing and flossing extra carefully from now on. 

Is anyone else annoyed by the number of times she mentions her boyfriend? She mentioned him at least eight times in that post. 

My favorite Leslie Being Frugal tip will forever be charging her friends for the oysters and rose party she hosted in her backyard, after inviting them. Imagine RSVPing to what you think is a run of the mill party and then being Venmo charged for your food and beverages.

November 2, 2017
11:05 am
emCat83027
Kitten
Meows: 8
Snarking Since:
August 30, 2017

Mate Shiny Pants meowed 

My favorite Leslie Being Frugal tip will forever be charging her friends for the oysters and rose party she hosted in her backyard, after inviting them. Imagine RSVPing to what you think is a run of the mill party and then being Venmo charged for your food and beverages.

Ah, so I thought that as well, but I have a friend who has the PERFECT huge porch for entertaining (we live in D.C. where most homes don't have big outdoor spaces), so she usually hosts events, and has gotten to where she just includes a $15 Venmo request RSVPs…it 1) makes sure who says they'll show up actually does, and 2) defrays her cost of consistently entertaining

…so, I get it as a practice. chair For a one-time party, a little aggressive, though

November 2, 2017
11:29 am
camberita
Cat
Meows: 21
Snarking Since:
December 12, 2014

Mate Shiny Pants meowed 

Lol, I had a friend do this recently for pizza at her house one night. She invited us over, BYOB-style, "bring something you want to drink!" which is the norm for my group of friends. She literally venmo'd us at 2am, after everyone was home, for $5.50. We were all side-eyeing so hard. And no one has suggested she host and we deflect when she offers.

I honestly don't know which is worse. The petty amount or the exorbitant amount???

November 2, 2017
11:31 am
LOLnope
Kitten
Meows: 1
Snarking Since:
November 1, 2017

Rockstud Pumpkins meowed

curated caca meowed 

Also, how expensive is gum surgery?? And is it preventable? I'm definitely brushing and flossing extra carefully from now on. 

I had a graft in college for a receding gum line and it was pretty expensive even with insurance! My out of pocket cost was $1000 (at a minimum, it could have been more), and I think my insurance covered a fair amount of it. I don't know what Leslie had done (she indicated she was on a liquid diet for 2 weeks so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what she had done because I was laid up and could barely eat for two weeks), but receding gum lines can be genetics, or it could be bad oral hygiene. I brush in the morning and floss/brush again every night and still had it happen. I could be a zombie and would still probably brush my teeth. Several people in my family have had to have grafts to have a receding gum line fixed and they take good care of their teeth, so I think in my case it's just genetics. My dentist keeps careful track of my gum line and occasionally I have tooth scaling (basically a deep cleaning with novocane because they clean into the gum line) to make sure everything stays really clean and ideally prevent the issue from reoccurring/bacteria forming in pockets. My insurance covers the scaling as preventative care and it's been affordable, I had it done last year in addition to 2 regular cleanings and I think I only spent $90 out of pocket on dental care last year. 

Sorry for the hijacked. Go to the dentist folks even if you are diligent about brushing and flossing!

Gotta second this. It's often genetic, as it was in my case. I had a small graft in middle school. I've had extensive dentistry done and I found out the hard way that dental insurance is often capped; it's not a deductible like health insurance but a fixed amount that you get covered each year. Depending on her coverage and what she had done, it can get VERY expensive if you max out for the year or had a low limit to begin with.

November 2, 2017
12:03 pm
holla
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 228
Snarking Since:
February 26, 2014

When your boss is a millionaire that has one employee and want supplement your dental insurance for oral surgery…

that is kind of messed up

November 2, 2017
12:10 pm
somethingSPECTACLE
Hamcat
Meows: 111
Snarking Since:
September 11, 2017

OK so, let me get this straight– one of her favorite links this month is about women not shaving their armpits or legs? puke

Also, what is up with the "leaning" word usage for everything. What does she mean? embarrassed

November 2, 2017
12:59 pm
some of you have asked
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1028
Snarking Since:
May 16, 2016

somethingSPECTACLE meowed
OK so, let me get this straight– one of her favorite links this month is about women not shaving their armpits or legs? puke

Also, what is up with the "leaning" word usage for everything. What does she mean? embarrassed

The constant "lean in" is especially weird because it's … kind of dated?  That book has been out for nearly 5 years at this point, making joking about "leaning in" awfully stale.  She might as well talk about how if it were her world, water and vegetables would be "voted off the island."

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.