:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

Cupcakes and Cashmere
November 2, 2017
2:19 pm
MOTHERS WITHOUT CHILDREN
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1289
Snarking Since:
March 11, 2014

some of you have asked meowed

somethingSPECTACLE meowed
OK so, let me get this straight– one of her favorite links this month is about women not shaving their armpits or legs? puke

Also, what is up with the "leaning" word usage for everything. What does she mean? embarrassed

The constant "lean in" is especially weird because it's … kind of dated?  That book has been out for nearly 5 years at this point, making joking about "leaning in" awfully stale.  She might as well talk about how if it were her world, water and vegetables would be "voted off the island."

smiley-laughing004

November 2, 2017
2:34 pm
B**** brisket
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2393
Snarking Since:
August 24, 2015

'I almost made it the entire day without spending a cent until I listened to a Pod Save America about how vital it is to donate to Puerto Rico, which made my own experiment and costs feel very unimportant compared to their struggles. I realized I could pitch in while staying on track.'

Is it just me or does she sound so smug about it?

November 2, 2017
2:43 pm
B**** brisket
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2393
Snarking Since:
August 24, 2015

somethingSPECTACLE meowed
OK so, let me get this straight– one of her favorite links this month is about women not shaving their armpits or legs? puke

I very much doubt she will stop shaving, she's just posting to get attention and praise for being 'oh so feminist' in endorsing this 'trendy' decision. That being said, it's not alternative, nor disgusting. There's no need to act like it's the most disgusting thing ever

November 2, 2017
5:25 pm
patiobeersandpeonies
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1154
Snarking Since:
April 24, 2012

B**** brisket meowed
'I almost made it the entire day without spending a cent until I listened to a Pod Save America about how vital it is to donate to Puerto Rico, which made my own experiment and costs feel very unimportant compared to their struggles. I realized I could pitch in while staying on track.'

Is it just me or does she sound so smug about it?

Because she is smug af. For a post about saving for a dental surgery, in which she claims to spend $400-$500 every 2 weeks on completely expensive and unnecessary shit, she should have just left out the part about the donation. 

November 2, 2017
6:20 pm
Faceless Crotch Monster
Hamcat
Meows: 70
Snarking Since:
April 19, 2015

Rockstud Pumpkins meowed

curated caca meowed 

Also, how expensive is gum surgery?? And is it preventable? I'm definitely brushing and flossing extra carefully from now on. 

I had a graft in college for a receding gum line and it was pretty expensive even with insurance! My out of pocket cost was $1000 (at a minimum, it could have been more), and I think my insurance covered a fair amount of it. I don't know what Leslie had done (she indicated she was on a liquid diet for 2 weeks so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what she had done because I was laid up and could barely eat for two weeks), but receding gum lines can be genetics, or it could be bad oral hygiene. I brush in the morning and floss/brush again every night and still had it happen. I could be a zombie and would still probably brush my teeth. Several people in my family have had to have grafts to have a receding gum line fixed and they take good care of their teeth, so I think in my case it's just genetics. My dentist keeps careful track of my gum line and occasionally I have tooth scaling (basically a deep cleaning with novocane because they clean into the gum line) to make sure everything stays really clean and ideally prevent the issue from reoccurring/bacteria forming in pockets. My insurance covers the scaling as preventative care and it's been affordable, I had it done last year in addition to 2 regular cleanings and I think I only spent $90 out of pocket on dental care last year. 

Sorry for the hijacked. Go to the dentist folks even if you are diligent about brushing and flossing!

and, just for the purposes of education… also can be related to nutrition issues and/or for long-term sufferers of bulimia.

November 2, 2017
6:51 pm
Kid-free Blocks of Time
Hamcat
Meows: 171
Snarking Since:
August 22, 2017

Emily is "Falling Back on Florals", not leaning into them, so that's refreshing.

November 2, 2017
11:14 pm
Nicky192
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1194
Snarking Since:
December 28, 2012

^smiley-laughing004 she really is BORING AF.

November 3, 2017
11:59 am
Fruit Flies Inc.
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 362
Snarking Since:
August 5, 2015

Nicky192 meowed
^smiley-laughing004 she really is BORING AF.

so after reading her five things today – i went down a rabbit hole of thoughts on cuppy.

1) why did she start a blog? she started before it was popular and lucrative. is she just a business genius? no – she started it because she was bored. 

2) what independently wealthy 22 year old who lives in LA and works in a creative industry is so bored they have enough time to build a blog? none – she was bored because she is a loser. 

so she gets super famous and parlays her good timing into some lucrative business deals – i can't hate on that…but it shouldn't come to a surprise that she is a boring loser. i was duped – i mean – i started reading the blog b/c i was interested but man has the veil been lifted.

November 3, 2017
12:34 pm
somethingSPECTACLE
Hamcat
Meows: 111
Snarking Since:
September 11, 2017

^ She is bored and her blog is boring. Whoever actually likes (aka "lives" for her blog) must be a hot mess of followers…. droolboring

November 3, 2017
4:21 pm
prettyponies
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 836
Snarking Since:
February 5, 2014

OMG please tell me I’m not the only one who on sees a giant labia in Tuesday’s “unexpected dropcrotch” get up?? I cannot believed that woman not only wore that in public but then posted it on the Internet as fashionable.

November 3, 2017
5:02 pm
curated caca
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 409
Snarking Since:
April 28, 2017

prettyponies meowed
OMG please tell me I’m not the only one who on sees a giant labia in Tuesday’s “unexpected dropcrotch” get up?? I cannot believed that woman not only wore that in public but then posted it on the Internet as fashionable.

smiley-laughing004

Those pants are so unbelievably terrible. Why hasn't anyone taken those away from her?? 

November 3, 2017
5:57 pm
Nancy_Drew
Cat
Meows: 31
Snarking Since:
July 21, 2015

curated caca meowed

prettyponies meowed

smiley-laughing004

Those pants are so unbelievably terrible. Why hasn't anyone taken those away from her?? 

DED.

It literally looks like they're split at the seam… in an unfortunately unexpected area. #SoElevated

November 3, 2017
6:49 pm
EffortlessEmpath
Cat
Meows: 45
Snarking Since:
April 25, 2017

Anyone catch the almost overflowing garbage can in Monday’s photo? Brings to mind Alina’s fruit fly allegations. Not to mention it’s the only photo taken in the office this week.

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.