:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

Gal Meets Glam
October 29, 2017
7:32 pm
sorrysobasic
Hamcat
Meows: 148
Snarking Since:
November 5, 2015

Welp Julia Antoinette is off to Paris for her birthday. She’ll be meeting Rosie the Londoner as well. Let’s take a wager, how many luxury handbags will she be buying on this trip?

October 29, 2017
10:46 pm
Pirates of the Peonies
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 7599
Snarking Since:
January 23, 2015

And now she is shilling for Olay. Ok girlfriend, whatever. As if you would EVER give up your expensive lotions & potions and use a drugstore face cream on your precious skin. yadayada

October 30, 2017
1:24 pm
sorrysobasic
Hamcat
Snarking Since:
November 5, 2015

Dropped $2000 on a morning shopping haul at Kate Spade, because she needs to “treat herself” for her birthday before heading to Paris. Mind you she probably stocked up on stuff on Matches Fashion and Net A Porter too. Plus she’ll surely “treat herself” to a Chanel bag or Chanel shoes while in Paris.

October 30, 2017
1:32 pm
gms
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 368
Snarking Since:
March 15, 2015

moremotivatedthanever meowed

gms meowed

cali_kate meowed
Yesss sooo much better seeing her on video without Thomas. (And glad other ppl picked up on my serial killer eyes observation lol) I personally love house tours so I was super interested. The house looks awesome I have to say. I bought a house in super expensive part of Northern California and have been waiting years to do small renovations. I couldn't imagine gutting a perfect house to the bones. Casually moving and adding bathrooms, walls, square footage, new everything. It's soooooo expensive. But yea, no thomas in her video was way better.

Today's insta vid as belle was sooo eye rolling. I can't get over how MICH makeup she is wearing, it's insane to me. She doesn't need it. She's really sooo full of herself, but least she's showing a bit of personality finally instead of robot julia.

eek Watching that was like watching a car crash… you want to look away but at the same time just can't.  Also yes to the makeup thing.  If she was hoping to look more like Emma Watson dressed as Belle she failed big time.  

Kind of awkwrd that she tweeted carly saying thomas "declined" to dress up with her. I mean she couldve chosen a better couples cosume, but it seems like theyre always bickering.

And the Gaston comment Julia made when Carly suggested that instead.  

October 30, 2017
1:33 pm
alice
Meows: 12467
Snarking Since:
September 3, 2008

Pirates of the Peonies meowed
And now she is shilling for Olay. Ok girlfriend, whatever. As if you would EVER give up your expensive lotions & potions and use a drugstore face cream on your precious skin. yadayada

Didn't she just finish some 30 day thing with SK-II???

October 30, 2017
1:39 pm
sorrysobasic
Hamcat
Snarking Since:
November 5, 2015

We all know she uses La Mer, it comes off as so disingenuous. Olay…gimme a break. But I guess for $15,000/IG post I would shill anything too.

October 30, 2017
3:16 pm
i covet your comments
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 992
Snarking Since:
May 23, 2015

julia just dropping some $$$$$$$ at kate spade. this is a warm up for what paris will be for her. good lord. 

October 30, 2017
3:41 pm
alice
Meows: 12467
Snarking Since:
September 3, 2008

i covet your comments meowed
julia just dropping some $$$$$$$ at kate spade. this is a warm up for what paris will be for her. good lord. 

You know, good for her having all that money. Buy whatever you want, peaches. And I understand that a constant influx of new clothing is part of her 'job' pushing affiliate links to her readers. But do we really need a tacky 'look how much shit I'm buying! I'm buying this and this and this and this and this!' post? And acting like it's a birthday treat…girl, please. That level of shopping is not unusual for you, Jules. 

I dunno. I don't care that she blows her money on daily shopping but those 'LOOK AT WHAT I AM BUYING!' posts always rub me the wrong way. We will see your haul as you feature it on your site, Julia. No need for a 'look at me spending the equivalent of your rent on what is essentially disposable clothing for me while you sit at your desk making $30k a year!' real-time facerub.

October 30, 2017
4:23 pm
wannaWHAH
Feline Porklord
Meows: 4141
Snarking Since:
June 9, 2015

Where did she post this shopping spree at Kate Spade?

drool Launched a new series on GMG, the Sunday Series. 

Taking bets on how long it lasts?

Like their travel series?

And getting deep series?

October 30, 2017
5:26 pm
Im playing hooky
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 231
Snarking Since:
November 1, 2016

i covet your comments meowed

Didn’t she go to the Kate Spade showing at NYFW not too long ago? Would it be possible she gets her purchases at a discount or for free then? Not that she is really hurting for one.

October 30, 2017
9:47 pm
a snark is born
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 628
Snarking Since:
May 10, 2014

Yeah, I assumed it was comped or something but didn't disclose it. Must be nice either way!

November 1, 2017
11:32 am
lookylu
Hamcat
Meows: 124
Snarking Since:
July 14, 2015

"Starting and running a business is one of the most rewarding things that I believe one can do with their life."

Really?!?  I know I'm going to catch all kinds of opposing responses, but as for rewarding experiences one can do with their life, running a business is at the bottom of the list for me.  I consider rewarding experiences to be connecting with friends and family on a very deep, personal level.  Or overcoming hardship.  Or helping another person.  For me, the most rewarding thing I think I've ever done was to find my birth mother when I was in my 20's and to continue to develop our relationship over these past several years to the point that we're so close that I now call her Mama.  Heck, I even located her rapist, my father, just so that I could know where I came from.  Now those were rewarding experiences.

Running a business pales in comparison to those experiences.  I may not have my own business, but I have a successful career with a major beauty brand and every day I get to feel like a rock star.  Sure, it feels great.  But it's not the type of rewarding experience that say, parenting, or taking care of an ailing parent can be.

Once again, Julia is out of touch.

November 1, 2017
11:43 am
50 Shades of Beige
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 546
Snarking Since:
March 8, 2017

lookylu meowed
"Starting and running a business is one of the most rewarding things that I believe one can do with their life."

Really?!?  I know I'm going to catch all kinds of opposing responses, but as for rewarding experiences one can do with their life, running a business is at the bottom of the list for me.  I consider rewarding experiences to be connecting with friends and family on a very deep, personal level.  Or overcoming hardship.  Or helping another person.  For me, the most rewarding thing I think I've ever done was to find my birth mother when I was in my 20's and to continue to develop our relationship over these past several years to the point that we're so close that I now call her Mama.  Heck, I even located her rapist, my father, just so that I could know where I came from.  Now those were rewarding experiences.

Running a business pales in comparison to those experiences.  I may not have my own business, but I have a successful career with a major beauty brand and every day I get to feel like a rock star.  Sure, it feels great.  But it's not the type of rewarding experience that say, parenting, or taking care of an ailing parent can be.

Once again, Julia is out of touch.

I definitely agree with you to an extent. My husband just opened his own practice and he literally jumps out of bed every day excited to head into work vs. a couple months ago when he was working for someone else and hated it. However, Julia has NEVER had to go to a job she hates day in and day out because it pays the bills. That is more so my beef with the above quote. She has no right to say working for someone else wouldn't be rewarding. I think working for yourself and building your own business is always most rewarding professionally and personally (in the realm of work), but there are MANY other things like you mentioned that should be rewarding both professionally and personally. Julia doesn't build lasting relationships, she doesn't help those in need and volunteer her time in her community. Work is her life and she has totally said that before, most recently during the 8 eyes on the couch series. She uses work to fulfill her life and eventually she will realize it will take a lot more than being successful in her field to be 100% fulfilled. 

Sorry for the novel lol

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.