:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

Jessica Quirk / What I Wore
October 5, 2017
10:37 am
sponsoredcontent
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1141
Snarking Since:
June 28, 2013

Cheese Please meowed

sponsoredcontent meowed

She's back and she's "broke". Selling more clothes on Instagram to feed the addiction.

It kills me that she’s taking the time to sell cheap Old Navy and Gap basic shirts, but it’s even worse that people will bid more for those than if they just bought a basic shirt directly from the source. But what do I know, I don’t try to make money off my old clothes. Those basic things seem like a really good thing to donate directly to charity.

There's a throwaway line in her post about donating pilled sweaters, torn seams and fallen hems, "if they aren't badly worn." NO NO NO. You donate wearable stuff, otherwise you're just overburdening thrift store volunteers or low wage workers. She's a decent seamstress — certainly just as capable of fixing a hem on something she donates as on something she keeps or sells. I agree a pile of striped Ts you that don't fit your boobs would be perfect for donation.

October 5, 2017
10:49 am
Basket of Blanket Scarves
Cat
Meows: 34
Snarking Since:
April 17, 2014

sponsoredcontent meowed

Cheese Please meowed

sponsoredcontent meowed

She's back and she's "broke". Selling more clothes on Instagram to feed the addiction.

It kills me that she’s taking the time to sell cheap Old Navy and Gap basic shirts, but it’s even worse that people will bid more for those than if they just bought a basic shirt directly from the source. But what do I know, I don’t try to make money off my old clothes. Those basic things seem like a really good thing to donate directly to charity.

There's a throwaway line in her post about donating pilled sweaters, torn seams and fallen hems, "if they aren't badly worn." NO NO NO. You donate wearable stuff, otherwise you're just overburdening thrift store volunteers or low wage workers. She's a decent seamstress — certainly just as capable of fixing a hem on something she donates as on something she keeps or sells. I agree a pile of striped Ts you that don't fit your boobs would be perfect for donation.

Agreed! Also, just want to point out for any interested hams – if you have items that ARE damaged or permanently dirty, call your local organizations and ask if they have a fabric recycling program. My local shelter does, and I separate out the items I know aren't good for reuse and mark them as such. They sell those items to a fabric re-processor who turns it back into thread. The shelter makes money from it and the fabric is recycled…win/win!

October 5, 2017
12:43 pm
just stahp
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 689
Snarking Since:
March 29, 2016

Writes a post about how she cleans out her clothes to make money – yet she claims to still have boxes upon boxes with clothes that she's never been through? She has four similar striped shirts trying to be sold on her IG store. How many duplicate pieces do you really need? Holy shit. "I generally hold on to my vintage pieces…" except she sold her classic DVF dresses just so she could buy more Target? Yeah, whatever.

sfun_blahblah

October 5, 2017
3:06 pm
typos and all
Hamcat
Meows: 89
Snarking Since:
February 19, 2015

But she’s selling stripe shirts that seem totally appropriate for staying home with young children.

Ugh I just wish there were IG Stories showing the house painting. I need more!

October 5, 2017
3:11 pm
Glen Coco
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 528
Snarking Since:
November 16, 2011

Am I going loopy, or are there a bunch of items in the "what i wore shop" that have never been seen on the blog? The suede blazer (lol pair it with the skirt and go full Ally McBeal) and the plethora of striped tees?

Love this gem. In what world is that a good idea?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ3WojkHLnL/?taken-by=whatiworeshop

October 5, 2017
3:31 pm
pure caos
Feles Imperatrix
Meows: 15829
Snarking Since:
March 4, 2013

Glen Coco meowed
Am I going loopy, or are there a bunch of items in the "what i wore shop" that have never been seen on the blog? The suede blazer (lol pair it with the skirt and go full Ally McBeal) and the plethora of striped tees?

Love this gem. In what world is that a good idea?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ3WojkHLnL/?taken-by=whatiworeshop

I don't remember ever seeing the suede blazer.  Or most of the striped tops, although she has a lot of striped tops so they may have blurred together for me.  The scarf, the pants, the green Pendleton jacket, and the sequined Tory Burch top, I remember seeing on the blog.  The 5 things for sale today that I don't remember seeing before… the photos were all taken since this hair color/cut, so recently.  I think she bought them and didn't wear them.  

Why is she getting rid of the suede blazer, though?  It looks cute on her, from what she's showing.  I wonder what the front looks like.  The Pendleton jacket outfit is super cute and it seems like something she could easily wear now.  I think she looks awesome in the Tory Burch sequined top.  It's a size Medium, but I guess it might not work with nursing etc.  I'd be tempted to hang onto that too.  At the same time, I admire her for getting rid of what she isn't wearing.  Might as well!

October 5, 2017
3:49 pm
jobless ground turkey blogger
Hamcat
Meows: 83
Snarking Since:
April 17, 2012

Wow, that Old Navy 3/4 sleeve tee is SO stretched out along the bottom, who in their right mind would pay $10 for it when you can get it NEW for less on a good sale day (which ON is always doing)????? Insanity. I seriously just can't even fathom that she's selling WORN TEE SHIRTS. 

I still can't figure out how she can look at all these endless photos of herself over the years and think her current hair is where it's at. 

October 5, 2017
5:30 pm
just stahp
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 689
Snarking Since:
March 29, 2016

She took pics in these unseen items just to post pics for sales on her IG account. I'm starting to think she's specifically going to Goodwill, buying these pieces for $5 and now selling them via her blogging "fame" IG shop for $30. That's what the suede blazer situation seems like.

October 5, 2017
6:50 pm
typos and all
Hamcat
Meows: 89
Snarking Since:
February 19, 2015

How about the selling clothes IG post only having 67 likes right now?
ANd Mess doesn’t worry about nursing friendly. When you don’t go anywhere, it doesn’t matter who sees a nip slip.

October 5, 2017
9:40 pm
Kerfeltoe
Feline Porklord
Meows: 3468
Snarking Since:
November 21, 2011

Her hair looks SO SO BAD. God, I almost feel sorry for her, if my hair looked like that I'd never get out of bed. 

October 6, 2017
6:34 am
pure caos
Feles Imperatrix
Meows: 15829
Snarking Since:
March 4, 2013

Busy outfit, with 3 statement pieces, but at least she wore different shoes for a change.  She looks pissed in this photo.  

October 6, 2017
8:27 am
sponsoredcontent
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1141
Snarking Since:
June 28, 2013

She has been teasing the FP dress/suede jacket combo since the summer/Nordstrom sale! It is so anticlimactic!

October 6, 2017
9:31 am
Maiden of Grief
Cat
Meows: 38
Snarking Since:
December 23, 2014

I seriously can't believe I'm saying this but wow… looking at the Insta sales page and seeing the old pics and outfits she used to put together, I actually do feel every so slightly sorry for Messi. Way back in 2009/10ish, I started to follow her in the heydey of fashion blogging before it became entirely fake and commodified. All the unsavory parts about her personal life (LovePuppy and Park Slope Rant) weren't really on my radar and I frankly enjoyed seeing her daily outfits and wardrobe choices. I always thought she looked polished and fun without being over the top or ridiculous and I even (again, I can't believe I'm saying this) took some pointers from her. 

When you compare how she used to loo both in terms of body, style, and attitude to how she is now, it is no wonder she is having serious mental issues. It is truly like she isn't the same person in any respect and it must be very hard to reconcile.

That being said, she hasn't done a damn thing to help herself, grow, change or adapt to the life she made for herself. It's sad.

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.