:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

Jessica Quirk / What I Wore
November 1, 2017
6:08 pm
poop goals
Feles Imperatrix
Meows: 16138
Snarking Since:
March 4, 2013

fashion victim meowed

pumpkin grudge meowed

fashion victim meowed
I didn't see the story so I'm not sure of the context, but anti-depressant meds usually take 4-6 weeks to build up in the body enough to see an effect.  Its not like flipping a switch and taking medswill make her better all at once.  Depression is also largely based on thinking patterns and behaviors; obviously she has a lot of feelings of being inferior in the internet communities she's a part of.  She won't get better until she can make sense of that stuff and learn not to focus on it/let it make her feel bad.  She also needs to get out more and do enjoyable activities, which I think it seems she has been doing with the knitting, baking, and halloween costumes, lately.  She just needs to figure out a way to get some support in real life- enough of the one-sided instastory therapy!

I agree she needs to stop the one-sided instastory therapy, but she seems to have a lot of support in real life.  She's got two full sets of grandparents within driving distance who seemed thrilled to watch the kids or come visit to help with the kids or with home renovation projects.  She's got preschool now.  She's got an involved husband who hardly ever travels for work.  What she is lacking is friends, which is why she turns to instagram stories and the internet every time she has a Thought.

The knitting, baking and halloween costumes have definitely not gotten her out more doing enjoyable activities.  I think she mostly knits at home (she used to do stitch and b**** but hasn't mentioned that in many months).  She bakes at home by herself.  And she whipped up the kids' halloween costumes within an hour at home, not a social activity or out of the house.  

Real life friendships are the missing piece in the support network.  Or I'll even call it local friendships, if her online friendships are real.  She needs to be able to interact with other parents, at the very least.  Hopefully the meds will help her take some baby steps in this direction.  But she has to get her head out of her ass and be a friend before she can have a friend.  She has got to stop always thinking about herself, it's a friendship killer.  

Being out isn't necessarily the goal in depression management- sometimes just doing enjoyable activities at home can be the jump start someone needs.  Were all those instastory halloween costumes old?  She recently posted like 20 different homemade halloween costumes- that seemed like something she enjoyed doing. 

I think, for Jessica, the making friends thing is likely not going to help her depression as much since she is very insecure about her cool-ness and relevance.  She is probably always going to struggle with her female friendships/interactions because she is so tied up in her head about what these interactions mean and not understanding that when she tries to be "cool" she comes off appearing as though she thinks she better than someone else, or just try-hard, and lame.  I think she really struggles with being genuine because she is so self-absorbed (which is major hallmark of depression- always wondering/worrying about what other people think about me) and overthinks how to act to appear a certain way.  She could really benefit from therapy to help address this type of social anxiety as it relates to her depression.  I can't imagine how terrible it must feel to be so alone that she has to turn to the internet for support, but I think for her getting IRL friends isn't necessarily the answer that will help her. 

Well yeah, there are underlying issues for sure.  Having a friend or two wouldn't fix depression, but it would still probably help.  We all have problems and they're usually easier to get through with a little help from our friends (credit: Beatles lol).  Obviously friends don't take the place of a therapist or meds if they're needed.  I was mentioning friends because someone said she needs to get some support in real life.  I said she has a lot of support, other than local friends.  I agree with you that she's probably going to struggle with female friendships until she can get past this competitive thing she has going on with other women.  

I don't think doing enjoyable things at home is working for her.  She will make a wreath and then whine into the phone about how broke she is.  She will paint and style a room and show it off, then whine into the phone about how the magazine rooms aren't real.  She'll make some jeans and post a photo of her wearing them, then whine into the phone that other bloggers aren't really wearing their clothes.  These things make her happy for 5 minutes before she's comparing herself to other people and complaining that they're cheating or fake or whatever.  

Some of this behavior isn't new for her.  Her old LovePuppy account shows a lot of the same thought process.  She had a blog called Midwest Jess (?) before that (before I followed her) which people here said was pretty crazy.  And the same stuff seems to be coming through now on Instagram Stories, only amplified because now it's nearly real-time video every time she wants to share a thought.   

Also, yes, most of those costumes on her instagram stories are old.  She used to make amazing Halloween costumes.  They weren't all elaborately sewn or expensive (although some were, like Marie Antoinette), but they were really fun and well done.  

November 1, 2017
9:26 pm
just stahp
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 708
Snarking Since:
March 29, 2016

typos and all meowed

If I’m examining the photos correctly, I think we have a dress over a black turtleneck! I’m disappointed it’s not an Old Navy rayon spaghetti strap dress, but she’s promised turtlenecks and unseasonal dresses and delivered, albeit under a leather jacket…

Horrible outfit. Looks like she gained 20lbs. Thats a new dress from Target – Ive never seen it before. But soooo broke.

Does a new dye job, then wears a hat hiding it. She must just HATE her hair already!!

November 1, 2017
10:03 pm
i just cant even
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 362
Snarking Since:
April 14, 2014

100% judging her for leaving her children outside in the car sleeping while shes inside blathering on about nothing important on insta. What the actual f**k?

November 2, 2017
9:00 am
Potato With Legs
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1929
Snarking Since:
March 11, 2013

i just cant even meowed

100% judging her for leaving her children outside in the car sleeping while shes inside blathering on about nothing important on insta. What the actual f**k?

Is she maybe in the garage? I can’t quite tell, but something about the background (what’s little is visible) makes me think she might have been sitting in the garage with the car in view somehow. Surely…she wouldn’t be dumb enough to leave her kids alone outside, out of sight? I hate giving her the benefit of the doubt as much as the next jelly hater, but I’ve never gotten the impression that she’s not safety-conscious about the kids. If indeed she DID leave them out to be absconded with by some vagabond or deliverance-type person, or wolves, then yeah, that’s gross.

Did no one tell her you can’t take little kids Felick’s age shopping without a whole lotta drama? LOL no one told me, either! My kid is 5.5 and JUST started telling me in Target: “mommy, it’s ok if you get your stuff first.” I.e. then it’s time to buy her 6 more LOL Surprise dolls.
angry

November 2, 2017
9:14 am
Slice of Costco Cheesecake
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 471
Snarking Since:
September 2, 2016

I think she was back in the house. She's sitting in the exact same spot as she was before the so called tantrum, which would mean she would have to have been in the garage all along. She totally just left them outside. She is so crazy with her kids sleeping – there is NO REASON both of those kids aren't on predictable nap schedules.

And of course, throw shade at your son for "needing candy" and having a tantrum while your perfect lady bee sits on her throne. She's not even 1 yet…..her time is coming!!!

I was shocked to see the eBay sponsor – and did anyone catch the box of goodies she got sent to her as well? I think it was Garnier? She did her typical thank you sounding completely unenthusiastic about it. rolleyes

November 2, 2017
9:26 am
sponsoredcontent
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1194
Snarking Since:
June 28, 2013

LOL at saying yesterday’s dress was by “Who What Wear,” when you can click through and see that it’s from Target.

November 2, 2017
9:46 am
Whitelisted
Hamcat
Meows: 56
Snarking Since:
August 18, 2016

sponsoredcontent meowed

LOL at saying yesterday’s dress was by “Who What Wear,” when you can click through and see that it’s from Target.

And maybe she changed it, but it originally said Who What Where lol

November 2, 2017
10:20 am
sponsoredcontent
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1194
Snarking Since:
June 28, 2013

Whitelisted meowed

sponsoredcontent meowed

And maybe she changed it, but it originally said Who What Where lol

Ha – I checked and it’s still there! I guess it was my own correction.

November 2, 2017
10:41 am
Kid-free Blocks of Time
Hamcat
Meows: 171
Snarking Since:
August 22, 2017

"I don’t know how long he was sleeping, but I just took those kids for a drive, and now they’re asleep. In the car"

This surprised me, too. 

November 2, 2017
10:41 am
Potato With Legs
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1929
Snarking Since:
March 11, 2013

Slice of Costco Cheesecake meowed
I think she was back in the house. She's sitting in the exact same spot as she was before the so called tantrum, which would mean she would have to have been in the garage all along. She totally just left them outside. She is so crazy with her kids sleeping – there is NO REASON both of those kids aren't on predictable nap schedules.

And of course, throw shade at your son for "needing candy" and having a tantrum while your perfect lady bee sits on her throne. She's not even 1 yet…..her time is coming!!!

I was shocked to see the eBay sponsor – and did anyone catch the box of goodies she got sent to her as well? I think it was Garnier? She did her typical thank you sounding completely unenthusiastic about it. rolleyes

Ugh times a million, then. Who the f**k does that? I had an idiot former neighbor from Brooklyn who told me that 15 years ago she used to leave her infant son in his stroller out in the courtyard of her building because she got sick of his crying. Guess what ladies? If you can't handle a baby crying nonstop or a toddler throwing fits and screaming, maybe you ain't cut out to be a mother. People like my old neighbor and now Messica apparently aren't interested in parenting–they are only interested in living out some fantasy life in which a baby brings them positive attention and unconditional love and everything is sunshine and roses. It totes does not work that way. She's on my shit list now forever…just when I was starting to feel a little sorry for her once she finally admitted to having PPD and being on meds. f**k her and her neglectful parenting. 

November 2, 2017
10:46 am
fashion victim
Hamcat
Meows: 82
Snarking Since:
May 6, 2016

Eh, I don't know- if she left the sleeping kids in the car, with the windows rolled down, in her attached garage, and had the door to the house open so she could hear if they woke up…that doesn't seem that bad to me.  I've done that.  How is that any different than having your sleeping kids in another area/room of your house?  I am assuming she has an attached garage here, so I could be wrong.  People leave sleeping babies in strollers when they come home from a walk and then go to a different area of their house.  I don't think this is neglectful…  

November 2, 2017
11:05 am
Westminster Crabby
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 327
Snarking Since:
July 16, 2014

I just think they'd be cold….it snowed the night before. And if she left the car running so the heat can be on, then OH HELL NO

November 2, 2017
2:05 pm
fashion victim
Hamcat
Meows: 82
Snarking Since:
May 6, 2016

Westminster Crabby meowed
I just think they'd be cold….it snowed the night before. And if she left the car running so the heat can be on, then OH HELL NO

I mean- let's not be silly here.  She is eye-roll inducing in her instastories and probably not a very likable person but I highly doubt she's a safety risk to her kids.  No one ever died taking a nap in the car with the windows open, and I'm certain she would know better than to leave her car running in the garage.  Let's not get crazy here.  If kids are so cold that they're uncomfortable, they'll wake up and problem solved.  I just don't see this as a major snarkworthy thing to do.  I personally just wouldn't post on the internet about it…

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.