:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

Jessica Quirk / What I Wore
November 11, 2017
3:46 pm
sparklemom
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 569
Snarking Since:
September 24, 2013

Re: her hippie redemption birth. It also needs to be said that the birth wasn't even THAT hippie–she had an epidural. Not judging here–my epidural was my favorite thing ever–but I don't go on and on about how natural and earthy it was. She's such a moron. 

November 11, 2017
9:19 pm
sponsoredcontent
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1194
Snarking Since:
June 28, 2013

Potato With Legs meowed

I will never get over Earth Mama Goddess Natural Birth person taking her children to McDonald's 5 times in one week. 

The coat…just another thing she'll buy to make herself feel happy for a few hours when she wears it twice and then it will end up in a box alongside the rest of the crap she never wears. 

Her husband's brand is built on simplicity and locally sourced organic ingredients, and there she is in that Frankenhouse buying all the fast fashion shit she possibly can while whining on Instagram about how much her life sucks. She's done with him what she's always done in her relationships–tries to fit her square peg self into someone else's lifestyle. It would painful to watch her obvious discomfort, except it's extremely satisfying because she's such a shitty person. 

You must be one of those patchouli-burning “full vegans” who give Messi the cold shoulder at alternative pre-school drop-off. She can’t be put in a box, okay?!

November 14, 2017
9:29 am
just stahp
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 708
Snarking Since:
March 29, 2016

Since when has her "go to" for furniture and style been mid century modern? Her prior house was a 1900s old school/cottage style house? Right? What happened to the dining room furniture she used to have?

Methinks she's been comparing herself to Instagram bloggers for far too long.

November 14, 2017
9:42 am
poop goals
Feles Imperatrix
Meows: 16138
Snarking Since:
March 4, 2013

just stahp meowed
Since when has her "go to" for furniture and style been mid century modern? Her prior house was a 1900s old school/cottage style house? Right? What happened to the dining room furniture she used to have?

She said her dining table is too small now for the dining room which is getting bigger because of the renovations.  And she also has that modern white round table floating around the house, which looks very out of place. 

She bought some MCM pieces for Felix's nursery and I think they used one or two in their own bedroom.  I'm not sure what else she has that would be considered MCM though.  Their furnishings overall look pretty eclectic and not of any particular style.  Their house isn't by any stretch MCM looking, inside or out.  And even if she likes that style of furniture, it's not going to give off that vibe in that house. 

She mentioned that the new railings in the dining room (overlooking the room with the big stone fireplace) will be horizontal.  I wonder if she's trying to make that fit that style.  Also, it sounds like something the kids will want to climb.

November 14, 2017
9:46 am
Colorblocked Moonshiner
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 7081
Snarking Since:
September 27, 2011

just stahp meowed

the "inspiration" photos she used in her blog post aren't even actual MCM, especially the kitchen. looks more like west elm/crate and barrel suburban blogger chic to me. lol @ these people who incorporate one vintage coffee table or side chair and they think they are the gatekeepers of MCM. idontknow

"A quick catch up – our farmhouse was built in 1942 and a large renovation and addition was added in 1965 – which is why I call it my MidMod Farmhouse."

she needs to STFU with this midcentury farmhouse bullshit. if she likes that style (because it's instagrammable and she wants instagram attention), fine!– buy all the broyhill brasilia you can get your hands on, girl– but she should stop pretending that she is respecting some historical design inherent to her home. 

November 14, 2017
9:56 am
Colorblocked Moonshiner
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 7081
Snarking Since:
September 27, 2011

tbh, i would sort of enjoy if she went full-on colorful and retro with her furnishing, similar to the old WIW in her vintage thrifted outfits. but she's too afraid to be "out there" and really, i don't think she has the design eye to make that work on a bigger scale like home decor. so, going by her inspiration photos, she'll do what's safe and popular. she can crow all day about how unique she thinks she is, but she almost always goes with what's currently in style. hopefully for her own sanity she picks a grey (or just not-white) couch. 

November 14, 2017
10:03 am
poop goals
Feles Imperatrix
Snarking Since:
March 4, 2013

Colorblocked Moonshiner meowed

just stahp meowed

the "inspiration" photos she used in her blog post aren't even actual MCM, especially the kitchen. looks more like west elm/crate and barrel suburban blogger chic to me. lol @ these people who incorporate one vintage coffee table or side chair and they think they are the gatekeepers of MCM. idontknow

"A quick catch up – our farmhouse was built in 1942 and a large renovation and addition was added in 1965 – which is why I call it my MidMod Farmhouse."

she needs to STFU with this midcentury farmhouse bullshit. if she likes that style (because it's instagrammable and she wants instagram attention), fine!– buy all the broyhill brasilia you can get your hands on, girl– but she should stop pretending that she is respecting some historical design inherent to her home. 

I didn't realize she had posted on the blog when I posted here.  Being built in 1965 does not make a house MCM, she does need to STFU with that.  Google mid century modern house and click Images, and nothing looks even remotely like any part Messi's house.  

Her inspiration photos look like a cross between Hey Natalie Jean's apartments and Emily Henderson before she dumbed everything down to a dull blue.  I'll bet you those horizontal stair railings in the inspiration photo are what she's putting on her dining room.  She's going to force a design style onto a house that doesn't support it very well.

November 14, 2017
10:52 am
just stahp
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 708
Snarking Since:
March 29, 2016

I live in a house that is spot on MCM built in the 1950s and has the exact structure of a googled MCM home. Even my floors are black linoleum. It's not that great.

However, the architectural style has really grown on me. I feel like Messi got some bug up her butt somewhere, saw something MCM on IG or some famous blogger and now has suddenly become obsessed with it. She's copying the style from something she's seen, for sure. I don't think she'd gravitate to MCM naturally, going by the house she bought prior. I get she's been "vintage" her whole life but… idontknow

November 14, 2017
11:01 am
Case of the Sadz
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 518
Snarking Since:
June 26, 2012

She knows nothing about home decor – it was very evident in her old house. At least in her old house the house did some of the heavy lifting, but even then the pictures from the listing showed her lack of decor skills. Notably the tiny little floating rugs, no bedding, and unskillfully mismatched furniture styles. 

I actually really like many of the inspo pics she posted. But I don't think she'll be able to execute those looks. That style is popular on Instagram but they don't really seem to fit into anything she has bought in the past. She can buy some MCM furniture pieces without going full on midcentury. Her house doesn't fit that style at all. 

November 14, 2017
12:50 pm
fashion victim
Hamcat
Meows: 82
Snarking Since:
May 6, 2016

I think the reason that her previous home's decor always appeared lacking is attributable more to budget than anything else.  Whenever I see those tiny rugs in people's homes the first thing I think is that they didn't want to pay for the 8x10 that would really fill the room, so they settled for the 5x7 to get the look but not the same functionality.  The fact that she buys craigslist furniture is a testament to her vintage #goals but also her low budget.  She has always been a vintage/DIY blogger but home decor items tend to be more expensive than fabric or shoes.  

That said, I've always been on a super strict home decor budget but I know when I should splurge (rugs, couch) and when to save (case furniture), and when to DIY (headboard).  With all her DIY-ness, I'd think she could make a decent fabric covered headboard with some plywood and batting.  Heck, YHL even have a tutorial on their blog for this exact project (that I followed!).  

November 14, 2017
6:35 pm
poop goals
Feles Imperatrix
Snarking Since:
March 4, 2013

I gotta also say, I hate that she is passing off someone else's photos as content for her blog.  I hate it every time.  It is lame, and it is not cool to not give the source.  She would be livid if someone did that with her photos.  She hasn't posted on the blog (aside from one JID) in almost two weeks, and this is all she came up with, just stealing other peoples' photos and making a collage of them.  I guess I should be glad she at least wrote some text. 

I understand they're in the midst of some renovation mess, but why not post some in-progress photos?  That would at least be interesting, and fun to see the spaces being transformed. 

And all the things she bought!  New hardwood floors, a dining table and chairs, a new chair from Article, some rugs, and a light fixture.  Not to mention the cost of the drywall and baseboards and having a new railing custom made.  So broke, right?  They seem to have plenty of money to spend on the house and its furnishings.  No one feels sorry for you Jessica.

November 14, 2017
7:29 pm
Geriatric Cuban Casanova
Cat
Meows: 34
Snarking Since:
April 24, 2017

Re: the midcentury modern, I think she just was someone who watched Mad Men while she lived in Brooklyn and associates the '50s/'60s style with happy times in her life when she could be cute and when that look was vogue. 

Also, it KILLS me to watch her pathetic instastory in the bathroom while the shower is running the entire time. I'm no Green Peace member, but seriously! How much water did she waste in that story?

November 14, 2017
8:34 pm
blahblah
Hamcat
Meows: 98
Snarking Since:
May 16, 2012

Geriatric Cuban Casanova meowed

Re: the midcentury modern, I think she just was someone who watched Mad Men while she lived in Brooklyn and associates the '50s/'60s style with happy times in her life when she could be cute and when that look was vogue. 

Also, it KILLS me to watch her pathetic instastory in the bathroom while the shower is running the entire time. I'm no Green Peace member, but seriously! How much water did she waste in that story?

The shower thing made me so rage-y. What was the reasoning, so she can’t hear what’s going on outsides the bathroom? Turn on white noise, FFS.

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.