:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

kendi…
October 12, 2017
3:56 pm
What a Tangled Wig I Weave
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1003
Snarking Since:
November 30, 2012

No, I feel like across the board everyone got unrelatable — I don't work in a semi casual workplace, I can't throw together a casual outfit with jeans and a nice purse and be "ready for work" – I actually have to wear office-wear.  The bloggers who were out there that DID seem like they were dressing to go to work, eventually stopped working, or stopped having to pay for their own wardrobes and pretty much jumped out of price range for most people I think.

If you're always wearing CO clothing, to me, you're pretty much a mannequin and I don't really trust your opinion because someone else is dressing you and writing your narrative (Ann Taylor's new line is fun a chic! Great for the woman on the go!) you sound like a bad commercial.  I need nitty gritty. When you sit all day in these pants, are you gonna have bad wrinkles, does the shape hold? are the shoes all day comfy, or strictly walking around in the office shoes?  No one gives GOOD unpaid details these days.  I still follow Wardrobe Oxygen, Outfit Posts and Looks Good from the Back — also Glam up your Lifestyle (even though I don't even bother to translate her site, I like her style!) but everyone else it seems has gone *commercial*  that every-girl with their own style thing is gone and hard to find. 

October 13, 2017
12:28 pm
floralprint
Cat
Meows: 34
Snarking Since:
March 13, 2017

I think this is a really great way to put it (the few people above me really hit the nail on the head). What I loved about Kendi and bloggers similar to her was the idea of mixing, matching, and re-using pieces and I do believe it came before they were making money. All of the sudden I am expected to find inspiration in a pair of black pants and blush tops paired with an equally blush purse and loafers that I see on every IG post I scroll through on #OOTD. 

I can also acknowledge that Kendi's older outfits are outdated, but CREATIVE. Which I feel is lacking in the blogger community. Fashion bloggers such as Kendi have kind of shot themselves in the foot by monetizing so much on their blogs and every outfit being C/O as they are still on our Reader list as we scroll past unable to take them off the list due to hope they might fall back into their roots?! 

I truly wish bloggers would get on GOMI and look for the helpful tips that come from the anger of a truly annoying blush top that's $88.00 from Nordstrom. They are not doing themselves any favors by taking the money as they lose readers in the process — I will NEVER think a blush top, purse, and loafer makes for a picture worthy outfit. Ever.snore

October 13, 2017
12:31 pm
floralprint
Cat
Snarking Since:
March 13, 2017

example 800: Kendi – this is like LOFT vomited on your body.  I would expect this outfit on a mom without a blog, not a woman who used to put together so many great outfits and share them with the world. PHONING IT IN ISN'T WORTH A PICTURE. 

October 13, 2017
12:33 pm
floralprint
Cat
Snarking Since:
March 13, 2017

Also, I just want to say if you want to follow a really great mom style blogger: FASHION BANANAS!!!!

sha_clap2sha_clap2sha_clap2sha_clap2sha_clap2sha_clap2sha_clap2sha_clap2sha_clap2sha_clap2sha_clap2sha_clap2sha_clap2sha_clap2hijacked

October 13, 2017
12:39 pm
What a Tangled Wig I Weave
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1003
Snarking Since:
November 30, 2012

I mean, I guess we're lucky she carries her same old chloe bag though, right? I love people who reuse their wardrobe, but maybe that era of blogger is over. Everything is new every time. 

Somewhere at some blogger conference I imagine (at a workshop hosted by Nordstrom), some person told them all (yes, ALL) that we, the viewers will get bored with the same old outfits and pieces remixed…wear new, often! Like it to Know it! Style points and all that crap.

No — I think actually more people WANT to see you re-use your wardrobe, how ELSE can you wear that pencil skirt and booties?? What else can you do with your favorite blazer? Because the normal person isn't getting style bucks they HAVE to spend on a perfectly blush prada purse every season. I shop my closet daily and it's really the only reason I follow fashion bloggers – for outfit ideas and to watch how they remix things…. it's NOT to shop their links…

October 13, 2017
1:51 pm
fashion victim
Hamcat
Meows: 82
Snarking Since:
May 6, 2016

^^^ .  Yes- this.  Why don't they get it!??!!?  Have they drifted so far away from normalcy that they think every one of their readers is buying new clothes every day?  Or "stocking up" on trendy pieces.  I buy one or tweo trendy pieces per season, if that.  I have exactly one off the shoulder top, and don't plan to buy more.  Show me how else I can style it…..

October 18, 2017
1:56 pm
floralprint
Cat
Snarking Since:
March 13, 2017

lol what is this tuck tho……………. lol

October 25, 2017
1:23 pm
floralprint
Cat
Snarking Since:
March 13, 2017

constantly disappointed by Kendi's "fashion"…. this is so boring…. i feel like i keep her on reader just hoping one day she'll throw on a pattern or like something decently exciting.

October 25, 2017
2:33 pm
almond milk gone wild
Hamcat
Meows: 145
Snarking Since:
March 20, 2015

floralprint meowed
constantly disappointed by Kendi's "fashion"…. this is so boring…. i feel like i keep her on reader just hoping one day she'll throw on a pattern or like something decently exciting.

This dress is SOOOOOO short.  OMG Kendi, stop please.  She's got an amazing body, but why doesn't she wear her dresses just a bit longer?  I have a dress this short and only wear it out to date night b/c when I sit down, half my thighs are showing.

At least this dress is the right length, even if maybe a bit too small in the bodice and around the stomach (no shame there, I've got a mummy tummy/roll so couldn't wear this, but sizing up would certainly help!):

October 31, 2017
4:28 pm
floralprint
Cat
Snarking Since:
March 13, 2017

lol omg, no. KENDI. NO.jaw-dropping

October 31, 2017
5:03 pm
alice
Meows: 12467
Snarking Since:
September 3, 2008

What a Tangled Wig I Weave meowed 
Somewhere at some blogger conference I imagine (at a workshop hosted by Nordstrom), some person told them all (yes, ALL) that we, the viewers will get bored with the same old outfits and pieces remixed…wear new, often! Like it to Know it! Style points and all that crap.

It's honestly more that the ad/affiliate link services really push bloggers to put in more links, buy more stuff and link it, buy the new stuff, always new stuff. The retailers want to move their new stock and the ad services aren't going to get THEIR cut unless the blogger is performing. I've heard tales of bloggers legit being threatened that if they didn't start hitting a certain (usually 4 digit) dollar amount/CTR they would be dropped. When the ad/affiliate game has basically been reduced to like two companies that run the whole online advertising world, that kind of threat is f***ing terrifying if you rely on that income. Sure they could go get 'real' jobs but the reality for a lot of these girls is they really can earn more doing this than they would at any entry level job they would be able to get at this point. So you do what you're told or you shut it down and go back to data entry work.

THAT is why you see bloggers who were so relatable for like, 5 years, within a year of getting on with an AL service they are draped in 300 dollar dresses and whatever the purse of the month is. I guess Amber Venz don't make no money if you keep rewearing your Old Navy jeans and Payless booties, y'all. 

November 1, 2017
9:48 am
MOTHERS WITHOUT CHILDREN
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1289
Snarking Since:
March 11, 2014

floralprint meowed
lol omg, no. KENDI. NO.jaw-dropping

Just awful. There is no way she kept that dress on after she took these pictures. 

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.