:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

The Ivory Lane / Emily Jackson
January 5, 2017
10:13 am
idontreallycare
Hamcat
Meows: 118
Snarking Since:
April 25, 2013

OOTD $3,846.50 using all the rstyle links (this includes the TB coat on sale and i chose the more expensive similar bag since her Celine bag is $$$). Do you ham's spend that much on clothing? I don't even spend that much in a year on clothing for a family of 4…. I'm going to go hide in my closet full of Target clothes and cry now. cry

January 5, 2017
10:15 am
idontreallycare
Hamcat
Meows: 118
Snarking Since:
April 25, 2013

amazing husband gorgeous house meowed
Just went to look at the picture. Her doctor is horrible. Anyone with a brain can tell that hers are fake, which is usually only the goal of someone in the 'industry.'

Anyway, the last two comments are from an IG account called the @theivorylane. Apparently now she has a fan account. Who for the love of God would spend their time curating a worshiping account for anyone? I'm sure people say that we waste time here, but at least we are getting in (sometimes) clever comments and learning how we don't want to be. Can't imagine justifying my existence to myself if I was re-posting Emily's pics and writing glowing comments about how awesome she is…

Rach and Amber have one too

January 5, 2017
12:52 pm
controlled slide on my hog
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1798
Snarking Since:
March 12, 2014

Emily snapchatted a picture of Pregnyl injections. I wish her luck in her journey TTC.

January 5, 2017
1:15 pm
blahblahblahb
Hamcat
Meows: 54
Snarking Since:
July 23, 2015

In regards to the $3,000 outfit…I spend that in a year for my family of 4 as well. That's why I can't stand half these bloggers. Who can afford what they post? better yet, if you can afford it…why? Just why?

I envy her boobs. I recently became a runner after seeing her run all those half marathons (girl was inspiring eekeek) and I went from a D cup to a B.

January 5, 2017
1:42 pm
SkinnyTroutPout
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 754
Snarking Since:
April 18, 2015

blahblahblahb meowed
In regards to the $3,000 outfit…I spend that in a year for my family of 4 as well. That's why I can't stand half these bloggers. Who can afford what they post? better yet, if you can afford it…why? Just why?

I envy her boobs. I recently became a runner after seeing her run all those half marathons (girl was inspiring eekeek) and I went from a D cup to a B.

Well, she bought her boobs. Or someone paid for them.

Mine are natural and they are DD and even though I had run 6 marathons they have not changed in size.

January 5, 2017
1:52 pm
Pirates of the Peonies
Hamprince of Meowtonia
Meows: 7596
Snarking Since:
January 23, 2015

blahblahblahb meowed

You can buy her fake boobs too. But I bet you look fabulous just as you are. ūüôā

January 5, 2017
2:23 pm
Dear in Headlights
Feline Porklord
Meows: 3802
Snarking Since:
November 29, 2012

pollita2312 meowed

blahblahblahb meowed

Mine are natural and they are DD and even though I had run 6 marathons they have not changed in size.

Same here. No matter how much I run, they won't budge from a D. I would love to be a C or a B.

Being a single, career woman with no children, I do spend money on my wardrobe (although not $3,000 an outfit). But I would never post my outfits on social media. It just seems so tacky to me. On the rare occasion I post a pair of new shoes, I feel like I'm being so braggy. It all seems so unnecessary to me. 

January 6, 2017
7:13 am
Braxlynn Parcell
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2435
Snarking Since:
February 22, 2013

Probably one of the lest flattering outfits I've seen on Emily.

January 6, 2017
7:16 am
poop goals
Feles Imperatrix
Meows: 16130
Snarking Since:
March 4, 2013

idontreallycare meowed

amazing husband gorgeous house meowed
Just went to look at the picture. Her doctor is horrible. Anyone with a brain can tell that hers are fake, which is usually only the goal of someone in the 'industry.'

Anyway, the last two comments are from an IG account called the @theivorylane. Apparently now she has a fan account. Who for the love of God would spend their time curating a worshiping account for anyone? I'm sure people say that we waste time here, but at least we are getting in (sometimes) clever comments and learning how we don't want to be. Can't imagine justifying my existence to myself if I was re-posting Emily's pics and writing glowing comments about how awesome she is…

Rach and Amber have one too

My theory is that they're running these themselves.  Maybe they have an agent or management company advising them to do this?  

January 6, 2017
11:04 am
driving consumerism
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 401
Snarking Since:
August 8, 2016

Dear In Headlights meowed

pollita2312 meowed

blahblahblahb meowed

Same here. No matter how much I run, they won't budge from a D. I would love to be a C or a B.

Being a single, career woman with no children, I do spend money on my wardrobe (although not $3,000 an outfit). But I would never post my outfits on social media. It just seems so tacky to me. On the rare occasion I post a pair of new shoes, I feel like I'm being so braggy. It all seems so unnecessary to me. 

damn you D's lol!! i'm like a 12 year old boy when i'm running/in shape and nordstrom says i'm a B when i'm not. currently 6 ¬†months preggo and my B bras still fit too…my boobs won't budge up!! i would like like a small C.

but yes, no one should be jeal of em's boobs. they aren't real and if you want them, you can get them. i would get better ones than those bolt ons though.

the outfit dinero is ridiculous. it's not even ridiculous for someone to invest in their wardrobe. i think people can do what they want with their money and spend it as they see fit. my issue with her (and other bloggers) and the dollar amount is it's not realistic and people look at it and think omg #goalz. i hate that these people are out there and influencing people poorly. i wish she'd do some high lows (well not her cuz her style sucks) but their lows are like $200 which is absurd. it really bothers me with them for some reason.

finally, i hope she has success with the fertility stuff because to go through that is rough, but i dunno, she mentioned IVF yesterday and something about it made me feel like weird…not saying like what's wrong with just two? but IVF (in my head) is very extreme, especially when you already have two beautiful children. obviously, she can do WHATEVER SHE WANTS WITH HER BODY – if she wants it, go for it…but it made me think about how much value these women put on the number of children they have or so it seems. statistically mormons have 3 – 4 kids as opposed to most who usually stop at 2. i just wonder like how much "pressure" is put on them for 3-4. i use quotes around because it's not like direct, it's indirect through the church, family, friends…it's societal. i dunno. it weirded me a bit. i do wish her luck because i know what's it like to struggle and it sucks, but i hope she finds some peace soon too, if that makes sense?

January 6, 2017
11:21 am
Fetch
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2360
Snarking Since:
November 5, 2012

driving consumerism meowed

Dear In Headlights meowed

pollita2312 meowed

blahblahblahb meowed

damn you D's lol!! i'm like a 12 year old boy when i'm running/in shape and nordstrom says i'm a B when i'm not. currently 6 ¬†months preggo and my B bras still fit too…my boobs won't budge up!! i would like like a small C.

but yes, no one should be jeal of em's boobs. they aren't real and if you want them, you can get them. i would get better ones than those bolt ons though.

the outfit dinero is ridiculous. it's not even ridiculous for someone to invest in their wardrobe. i think people can do what they want with their money and spend it as they see fit. my issue with her (and other bloggers) and the dollar amount is it's not realistic and people look at it and think omg #goalz. i hate that these people are out there and influencing people poorly. i wish she'd do some high lows (well not her cuz her style sucks) but their lows are like $200 which is absurd. it really bothers me with them for some reason.

finally, i hope she has success with the fertility stuff because to go through that is rough, but i dunno, she mentioned IVF yesterday and something about it made me feel like weird…not saying like what's wrong with just two? but IVF (in my head) is very extreme, especially when you already have two beautiful children. obviously, she can do WHATEVER SHE WANTS WITH HER BODY – if she wants it, go for it…but it made me think about how much value these women put on the number of children they have or so it seems. statistically mormons have 3 – 4 kids as opposed to most who usually stop at 2. i just wonder like how much "pressure" is put on them for 3-4. i use quotes around because it's not like direct, it's indirect through the church, family, friends…it's societal. i dunno. it weirded me a bit. i do wish her luck because i know what's it like to struggle and it sucks, but i hope she finds some peace soon too, if that makes sense?

I kind of get it, because I really want at least two kids. If I had one and then ran into issues conceiving a second, I would try treatments and/or adoption, that's how strongly I want two. And realistically, I suspect that number may go up to three when I get to that life stage. I get that two is pretty standard and mainstream, but she comes from a bigger family and really likes it, so I can see her feeling very strongly about three, which is still a kind of small family by conservative religious standards. My aunt and uncle had a large family, and my oldest cousin has 2 already and is quite sad that her c-sections mean she will "only" be able to have 3-4 total. It has nothing to do with what's expected of her religiously…she's the family breadwinner, several of her siblings are opting for either no kids or one kid, and her parents/spouse/siblings/cousins all support her no matter what. She just loved being part of a big family, loves her kids, and wishes for the same.¬†

January 6, 2017
12:05 pm
snarksquatch

What bothers me about the $$$ outfits is like you said it becomes #goals but really the majority of their readers can't drop that kind of money on clothes! So it creates this whole culture where people look through the Insta-goggles and think "What's wrong with my life that I can't buy that $3000 when they can't see that it is not the norm to spend that much. A small percentage of society, especially in Mormon suburbia can drop that kind of cash. I would LOVE to see the statistics of how much they sell through their links. I can't imagine more than a handful of people can drop that kind of money on the regular and I bet half of the ones that do are just racking up the debt to keep up with what is seemingly the perfect life. Meanwhile how many Insta-viewers even realize how much of what these ladies are selling they got FREE to begin with. It's a whole societal problem in my mind. 

I understand her wanting at least one more kid so bad. I came from a big family and we are all close. She is close with her sisters. I loved growing up with a lot of siblings and I love that they are still my best friends. Maybe it's hard to explain but, for me, I just love my kids growing up and having each other. I always pictured myself with at least 4 or MAYBE 5 kids. I'm pregnant with my 3rd and I think this will be our last, for several reasons, but even making that decision I'm kind of going through the process of letting go of that idea I had always pictured of 4. I'm getting more used to it though. I think with this current pregnancy if it had not happened I would have gone on to get fertility treatments, I just knew there is at least one more kid for us. Maybe that sounds weird, but I would have always felt unfinished as a family. 

January 6, 2017
8:49 pm
Likes Cheese
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1426
Snarking Since:
November 23, 2014

It makes me wonder how close the "cousins" will be growing up.  Like from what I'm seeing now Capri, Cannon, Isla and Jackson will probably all be pretty close.  I know that's not quite the same but still, I'm sure those kids will still always have the "big family" vibe as I don't see any of the sisters moving out of the area and I'm sure Meg and Amy will have kids too.  I mean, I doubt she'd go through all this unless she really wanted them pretty badly, but I do hope it's because she really really wants them and loves being a mom and having a big family that much and not just because of societal pressure around there.  I guess Cannon is two now, and I bet having Jackson around has probably made her ache for a little baby again.

Curious, does anyone know if she still follows Shannon Bird, or are they literally not friends at all anymore?

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.