:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

Gluten Free Girl
November 13, 2017
11:50 pm
Doesn't Understand Latkes
Hamcat
Meows: 114
Snarking Since:
June 26, 2017

I know it's a small point, but Shauna can never let the facts get in the way of a good narrative.  She claims:

"And early-1990s Hondas are the most-stolen car in America. We fully expected to see an empty space when we rounded the corner. But there it was! Our 23-year-old car!"

Wrong!  The top 2 stolen cars in America are the '97 Accord and the '98 Civic.  Shauna's 23 year old car is a '94 Honda of some kind, so not on the list.  There are no other Hondas in the Top 10 list, so no Shauna, early '90s cars are not the most stolen car in America, and it was not the "love you made" that kept your POS car from being stolen.

She said the key stolen with her purse was the only key to the car.  Then how did they get in and drive it back? There is no mention of a locksmith or having another key made.  Did she mean it was the only key they had with them, and they had to get the other one from home?  As Purple Prose mentioned, there is no police report, despite her claim that she talked to the police.  I'm starting to think she locked her purse and keys in the car, and the whole story evolved from there.  

And one more thing, how is their "difficult day" any different than any other employed person's day?  Aside from the energy expended making up all the lies, I mean. How is cooking for the church event that much more difficult than cooking 12 hours at a restaurant like Danny used to do?  Their lives would be so much easier IF THEY WOULD JUST GET REAL JOBS!

November 14, 2017
12:42 am
Pitiful Purple Prose
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 577
Snarking Since:
April 15, 2014

Dirty Pee Smelling Girl meowed
I know it's a small point, but Shauna can never let the facts get in the way of a good narrative.  She claims:

"And early-1990s Hondas are the most-stolen car in America. We fully expected to see an empty space when we rounded the corner. But there it was! Our 23-year-old car!"

Wrong!  The top 2 stolen cars in America are the '97 Accord and the '98 Civic.  Shauna's 23 year old car is a '94 Honda of some kind, so not on the list.  There are no other Hondas in the Top 10 list, so no Shauna, early '90s cars are not the most stolen car in America, and it was not the "love you made" that kept your POS car from being stolen.

She said the key stolen with her purse was the only key to the car.  Then how did they get in and drive it back? There is no mention of a locksmith or having another key made.  Did she mean it was the only key they had with them, and they had to get the other one from home?  As Purple Prose mentioned, there is no police report, despite her claim that she talked to the police.  I'm starting to think she locked her purse and keys in the car, and the whole story evolved from there.  

And one more thing, how is their "difficult day" any different than any other employed person's day?  Aside from the energy expended making up all the lies, I mean. How is cooking for the church event that much more difficult than cooking 12 hours at a restaurant like Danny used to do?  Their lives would be so much easier IF THEY WOULD JUST GET REAL JOBS!

I think that's exactly what happened.  And she had to embellish her story with the theft part, so  dear friends or deep pocketed relatives would give them a little money to help out while things got sorted. Then they used that money to pay a locksmith. 

Because we are supposed to believe they took the ferry to Tacoma this morning so Danny could drive the food bank truck to Seattle via Tacoma, rather than taking the ferry directly to Seattle?  That's going in the exact opposite direction and adds tons of time to the trip (and gas, but heck, the food bank's paying for that so who cares?).

But first they decided to drive, in the food bank's truck, to the church (even further in the opposite direction) because just maybe the thief had a change of heart and returned their car to the very place from which it was stolen?  And lo and behold, there it was!  Yeah no, that doesn't  happen in real life. uh

November 14, 2017
4:10 am
Flyest B***h at Stilts Camp
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1452
Snarking Since:
April 28, 2013

Just remember that when Shauna weaves an impossible tale that doesn't follow logic? This tale, right here? It's a lie.

Is that #gfmartyr Instagram account active, because there is a ton of material to work with these days.

November 14, 2017
7:58 am
OldBay
Cat
Meows: 21
Snarking Since:
July 24, 2016

The grift might be working because someone commented on the gross greens post that they emailed her about the laptop so check her email.

And how is that a new technique? Isn’t that just cooking greens?

November 14, 2017
8:35 am
Farts and Cat Hair
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 440
Snarking Since:
September 8, 2016

OldBay meowed
The grift might be working because someone commented on the gross greens post that they emailed her about the laptop so check her email.

And how is that a new technique? Isn’t that just cooking greens?

I'm surprised she's not aiming for a new phone, too.  Didn't she mention that when she found it in the gravel it was broken?

So, how much does anyone want to bet her house gets robbed right after she decorates for x-mas and has all the kids wrapped gifts out on display?  Merry Griftmas, one and all!

November 14, 2017
8:41 am
dollop
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1281
Snarking Since:
March 8, 2012

OldBay meowed

This is unbelievable! jaw-dropping

Her way of trying to grift a laptop – beginning with this Instagram post https://www.instagram.com/p/BbVhwFPlrXd/?hl=de&taken-by=glutenfreegirl – is so cunning that I hope Alice does a front page post.

November 14, 2017
9:36 am
dollop
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1281
Snarking Since:
March 8, 2012

Flyest B***h at Stilts Camp meowed
Just remember that when Shauna weaves an impossible tale that doesn't follow logic? This tale, right here? It's a lie.

Her story is getting weirder and weirder! On Facebook she "explained" the whole incident again, this time it was suddenly Desmond's fault, because he "hid" the keys.

"[...] But also, we couldn't find my set of keys before we left — Desmond hid them — so we took the key for one car off Danny's set. That's the one that was in my purse. We drove back to Tacoma today and found, to our astonishment, that the car was still there! So all is well."

WTF?

November 14, 2017
10:07 am
Who ate all the butter?
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 288
Snarking Since:
March 21, 2013

I don't understand the bit about the food bank truck.  It needed to be driven to Seattle.  Did they both take the food truck to Tacoma?  And then Shauna drove the car back to the Vashon ferry and Danny continued on?  Why did she go to a chocolate festival in Seattle between the purse being stolen and the food bank run?  Would you not immediately return to the car with the extra key to keep the car from getting stolen and then drive that to the festival instead of wallowing in downpours and self pity?  Why wait the extra day?

November 14, 2017
10:13 am
Who ate all the butter?
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 288
Snarking Since:
March 21, 2013

ALSO!  She said that she and the kids had to stay in Tacoma ALL day because Danny had no other way home.  Surely they could have taken the second car back to Vashon, found the extra key, returned to Tacoma to give it to Danny, etc.  A lot of ferrying, but it's only 15 minutes each way.  Beats waiting around until 10PM.

November 14, 2017
11:32 am
cara cara blood peewee heirloom tangeriños
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2042
Snarking Since:
September 2, 2013

dollop meowed

Her story is getting weirder and weirder! On Facebook she "explained" the whole incident again, this time it was suddenly Desmond's fault, because he "hid" the keys.

"[...] But also, we couldn't find my set of keys before we left — Desmond hid them — so we took the key for one car off Danny's set. That's the one that was in my purse. We drove back to Tacoma today and found, to our astonishment, that the car was still there! So all is well."

WTF?

Ah, Desmond the scapegoat, of course! Hides keys, uses all their retirement money, doesn't understand latkes – I bet he's also the one who overloaded her ancient laptop and threw her phone in the gravel after the purse thieves left it behind!

November 14, 2017
12:12 pm
Farts and Cat Hair
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 440
Snarking Since:
September 8, 2016

castaway meowed

dollop meowed

WTF?

Ah, Desmond the scapegoat, of course! Hides keys, uses all their retirement money, doesn't understand latkes – I bet he's also the one who overloaded her ancient laptop and threw her phone in the gravel after the purse thieves left it behind!

He also made it rain so Shauna would get soaked.

Do not f**k with Desmond, Shauna.  He will ruin you.

November 14, 2017
2:07 pm
Doesn't Understand Latkes
Hamcat
Meows: 114
Snarking Since:
June 26, 2017

dollop meowed

WTF?

If this were the case, why wouldn't she start her tale of woe with "After a frantic search for my keys, we finally took the key off Danny's ring, and hopped into the car with a good attitude."  Certainly everyone can identify with the maddening frustration of not being able to locate your car keys.  She is such a liar.

November 14, 2017
2:29 pm
crispenclean
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 685
Snarking Since:
February 13, 2014

dollop meowed

OldBay meowed

This is unbelievable! jaw-dropping

Her way of trying to grift a laptop – beginning with this Instagram post https://www.instagram.com/p/BbVhwFPlrXd/?hl=de&taken-by=glutenfreegirl – is so cunning that I hope Alice does a front page post.

Re: the gross greens post. What's remarkable about this is she's so busy complaining about her computer woes that she can't even get a basic recipe right for what is a pretty rudimentary sauce—a recipe that has only five ingredients in it, mind you. Five! Not counting the salt and pepper. She had 1 tsp. of lemon juice listed, and one of her followers asked if Shauna had really meant the juice of 1 whole lemon, since 1 tsp. lemon juice seemed very little (yes, Actual Cook, 1 tsp. lemon juice wouldn't be enough to taste even in a glass of water, let alone a recipe), and Shauna said yes, corrected the recipe, and even gave the person a rare "thanks for catching!" compliment.

She is so sloppy with everything, but it drives me batty when self-professed writers can't be bothered to check their work and be a little careful with things like recipes. 

reaction

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.