:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

Gluten Free Girl
December 4, 2017
4:20 pm
Pickle Grifter
Cat
Meows: 36
Snarking Since:
May 3, 2013

Who ate all the butter, amazing, and also blasphemy, Mrs. Bridges would never allow Shauna's goings-on in her kitchen.

December 5, 2017
12:10 pm
Prison Style Tuna Sandwiches
Hamcat
Meows: 126
Snarking Since:
June 26, 2017

Google reveals 12.8 million hits for sweet potato/avocado mash.  Very original, Shauna!

December 5, 2017
12:40 pm
Pontica Tottos
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 334
Snarking Since:
February 2, 2017

Prison Style Tuna Sandwiches meowed
Google reveals 12.8 million hits for sweet potato/avocado mash.  Very original, Shauna!

And those hits are mostly for baby food, it looks like. smiley-laughing004

December 6, 2017
10:53 pm
Whiskerpatrol
Kitten
Meows: 10
Snarking Since:
February 26, 2014

la_blagueuse meowed

"Today we cleaned the house and prepared the parlor for the tree."

The parlorwtf

The pretentiousness of this woman makes me want to vomit. go_away

Totally not a WK for our miss Sauna but I'm from Boston and "parlor" is pretty common here in place of what everyone else calls a living room. True, it's more of a word your nana might use (along with 'tonic' in place of soda).

But not a pretentious snob thing either. If Sauna is originally from the East Coast.

Does anyone else use this word?

December 6, 2017
11:30 pm
Pontica Tottos
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 334
Snarking Since:
February 2, 2017

Whiskerpatrol meowed 
Totally not a WK for our miss Sauna but I'm from Boston and "parlor" is pretty common here in place of what everyone else calls a living room. True, it's more of a word your nana might use (along with 'tonic' in place of soda).

But not a pretentious snob thing either. If Sauna is originally from the East Coast.

Does anyone else use this word?

Nah, she's from California if I remember correctly. 

December 7, 2017
3:44 am
sueh21
Hamcat
Meows: 134
Snarking Since:
February 5, 2016

I know I am not a James Beard award winning author and chef and am probably missing something obvious. But where is the coffee in the hideous looking "coffee" cake she took to the Church potluck?

December 7, 2017
6:23 am
cara cara blood peewee heirloom tangeriños
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2061
Snarking Since:
September 2, 2013

sueh21 meowed
I know I am not a James Beard award winning author and chef and am probably missing something obvious. But where is the coffee in the hideous looking "coffee" cake she took to the Church potluck?

Coffee cake is meant to be eaten while you're drinking coffee, not with coffee added into it. However it's usually appetizing looking and doesn't look like a massive wad of raisins supporting a fallen dome of dried out cake in a pie pan. 

otally not a WK for our miss Sauna but I'm from Boston and "parlor" is pretty common here in place of what everyone else calls a living room. True, it's more of a word your nana might use (along with 'tonic' in place of soda).

Yep my grandma says parlor too, to refer to her front room that's used for sitting, to distinguish it from the newfangled (1970's) appearance of 'the family room' with comfier furniture you could put your feet on, and a TV. G'ma never had a family room, so only a sedate old lady parlor in her house. So I think the funny part was Shauna talking about the junky linoleum floored collapsed couch and disintegrating shelving open space as 'the parlor' when it brings to mind something so much more fancy and/or old fashioned. 

(my grandma also called her couch "the Chesterfield" and my kid now jokingly calls his IKEA futon The Chesterfield, but he knows it's funny! lol)

December 7, 2017
6:49 am
Bacon in Beans at Restaurants
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2658
Snarking Since:
November 10, 2013

I don't know if that shelving is disintegrating so much as filthy. From a mop pushing dirty water up against it weekly–oh who am I kidding–once or twice a year.

My mother would use that photo as hard evidence. "You see? Mops don't work! You have to get down on your hands and knees and SCRUB!" 

That last photo in the series–Derpy and the kids admiring the candle angel chimes–kinda tugs at my heart. That man's love for his children is palpable. He may be a Derp, but I will always believe that he is a simple, kind man with a good heart. And if he missteps, it's because he's got Shaun behind him, shoving him hard in the wrong direction…

December 7, 2017
8:56 am
Farts and Cat Hair
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 470
Snarking Since:
September 8, 2016

I'm cracking up over the side conversation about cleaning and "what do you call things".

@bacon in beans:  "get down on your hands and knees and SCRUB!" Totally reminds me of my mother, too.  Except she was more about hand scrubbing the toilet.  It didn't get truly clean unless you put cleaner into the bowl and took a rag and put your hand right down in there and into the hole (yes, I still do this every now and then with my own commode, except I wear a disposable glove).

@cara cara:  my grandmother called her sofa/couches "the davenport".  She didn't have a parlor (she lived in a trailer) but had TWO davenports in her living room (and a goose neck rocker).  It was wall to wall seating at her place!

NOW. . .back to Shauna.

Those muffins she made looked as dry as that fake cheese she whipped up.

I'm surprised she hasn't invented a nut allergy for someone in her family.  Are nut allergies not hype anymore?

(and flonkertoncity is on a f**king ROLL lately. . .their muffin post made me howl with laughter)

December 7, 2017
10:33 am
Porking Myself Into a Stroke
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1245
Snarking Since:
March 21, 2013

She is from the same city that I am. We don't say "parlor." My grammie always had a "den," though, that was basically a smaller, informal living room.

Then again, my grandma was from Ohio, so…idontknow

December 7, 2017
10:54 am
the_recluse
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 440
Snarking Since:
February 9, 2016

She thinks soaking cashews for vegan parmesean will make them soggy.
lmao

Oh Shauna. Please never heed your own advice and google anything while delving into vegan cooking. This is too funny.

December 7, 2017
12:23 pm
Betty Cruikshank
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1424
Snarking Since:
October 31, 2013

On the vegan parmesan cheese IG (which she is going to un-veganify in the future with fish sauce), she wrote in the comments in reference to popcorn, "My body doesn’t like most corn products these days." 

Another allergy for Shauna! Or, Shauna's BODY, I should say–which is dancing, not staying fixed to the same spot. ALWAYS DANCING, DAMMIT.

December 7, 2017
12:43 pm
DeathValleyMermaids
Hamcat
Meows: 106
Snarking Since:
May 20, 2017

Farts and Cat Hair meowed

I'm surprised she hasn't invented a nut allergy for someone in her family.  Are nut allergies not hype anymore?

Not gonna happen (although she did float the idea of a corn allergy recently). With a nut allergy, she wouldn't be able to have a gigantic nut, fruit & cheese platter on her anniversary. No Starbucks wrapped sandwich boldly printed with "nut free" all over, the way their gf wrappers do. No guilt tripping people with "You sent me home sick from your dinner party. You must've added nuts to the spaghetti & garlic bread." She'd get caught more easily fudging a nut allergy than a gluten allergy. You can lie about "this regular looking cookie is actually gf, stop assuming", but people will know something's fishy when you're scarfing pb cookies & walnut brownies. Also she wouldn't be able to tell people a million times "I'm eating a lunch that doesn't contain nuts. You can't tell there's no nuts in this dish. There's special substitutes for nuts in cooking & I'm constantly learning." 

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.