:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

How Sweet Eats
August 1, 2016
4:59 pm

She buys so much shit.

August 26, 2016
11:59 am
0% chance of park time
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 226
Snarking Since:
June 19, 2015

I LOVE Jess, like uber fangirl love love love her and her food.

BUT

I cant with the every hour on the hour facebook posts to her blog or others recipes. Its kinda like her Tuesday things where she just picks a random link and says "gah" or 'Need" or "making this NOW". I think she has hired a person to help her with I'm assuming all these social media posts and whatever else but it just comes across fake and disingenuous. That is one thing I have always liked about her was that she was so real. Now I feel like shes just after clicks. Same with her instagram. I dont want to see recycled food pics from the blog. Show me stuff that made me like you in the first place, day to day real life stuff, not just links to your site.

August 30, 2016
12:24 pm
benna2
Hamcat
Meows: 144
Snarking Since:
September 10, 2014

Her insipid Tuesday things posts border on hate reads for me… wow, you like Lisa Frank, Emily Giffin, Felicity,   and Rose Gold?  Cool story bro.  Thanks for telling us again. 

September 9, 2016
12:47 pm
health conscious middle-aged businessman
Hamcat
Meows: 70
Snarking Since:
October 1, 2014

cows had fur! they were not from africa. meowed
She buys so much shit.

I like her too but she is SUCH a consumer. When I see her spreads on Instagram (cheese plates ect.) I always think "I hope you are actually eating all that." Between the amount of food she makes for the blog and the amount of treats/meals they buy out, I feel like some of it has to be going to waste…

September 21, 2016
8:03 pm
0% chance of park time
Baroness of Ham
Snarking Since:
June 19, 2015

Announced today that a new book is coming out in 2018 and it sounds like it might be more
Of a lifestyle type deal? She mentions party planning and make up. I am super pumped for it but I'm also a little afraid it might be too much over the top and try hard and not the old real Jess that I love

September 25, 2016
5:51 pm
glutenfreeloader
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 904
Snarking Since:
July 11, 2014

BroccOLI floret thighs meowed
Announced today that a new book is coming out in 2018 and it sounds like it might be more
Of a lifestyle type deal? She mentions party planning and make up. I am super pumped for it but I'm also a little afraid it might be too much over the top and try hard and not the old real Jess that I love

I'm honestly super excited for it.  I love snarking on pretty much everyone on GOMI but Jess is a total SOMI for me and I'm definitely looking forward to the book.  wk

November 14, 2016
12:07 pm
lurkingfordays
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 210
Snarking Since:
May 9, 2012

I generally like her and she's a SOMI blog for me, even though not one of her recipes has ever really worked when I try it. However I was coming here to see if anyone else read her gift guide today. Recommending $500 boots, amongst other ridiculous items was so eye rolling. Who is her audience? What kind of money does she/her family make?! She buys so much and everything is pricey. 

I'm less and less interested in her blog lately as it seems filled with alcohol "recipes" and a lot of other recipes that aren't practical or something I would make. I liked her blog a lot better years ago :/ 

November 21, 2016
6:20 pm
Mate Shiny Pants
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1669
Snarking Since:
July 29, 2016

I generally love Jess, but I have her cookbook/have made a few of her recipes and do think there is just too much going on. I made a crockpot BBQ chicken recipe of hers and it was just way too much. Could have cut out like 3 or 4 of the spices and ingredients.
I also agree with you, health conscious – those crazy mid week cheese and appetizer plates are visually amazing but there is no way it's all eaten. She probably throws out at least half of it once the picture is taken. Even if she put it all back in containers, there's no way a family of three (with a toddler who doesn't eat everything) could eat all that food in the few days before it goes bad.

November 24, 2016
12:24 pm
benna2
Hamcat
Meows: 144
Snarking Since:
September 10, 2014

I agree with her recipes not working (at least the ones I've tried)… sometimes her ratios especially with spices seem pretty off but maybe we just have very different taste buds. IDK, I'll probably keep trying though… 

I can't with the Tuesday Things posts.  She seems kind of insipid so I just stick to the food.

December 14, 2016
3:35 pm
Ehh
Hamcat
Meows: 184
Snarking Since:
September 24, 2011

does this woman own stock in Big Mascarpone or something because literally every other recipe she posts involves mascarpone in some shape or form

December 24, 2016
4:40 pm

I used to really like her blog but not w it's all omg unicorns and sparkles and no real recipes. She posts 4 beverage recipes a week or a scone which is not really impressive if you ask me.

December 26, 2016
4:01 am
Not Saying It Was Squirrels
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 406
Snarking Since:
September 20, 2014

I stopped being a regular reader, but she is my first stop for cookie recipes. The snickerdoodles are now a tradition.
I've thought for a while she's tired of cooking, and wants to focus on just being a mom- and there's definitely no shame in that. But the blogging mill means you have to keep posting and churning out content no matter what, otherwise you'd have to start over building your fan base… which sucks for everyone involved.

December 30, 2016
12:16 pm
0% chance of park time
Baroness of Ham
Snarking Since:
June 19, 2015

Is she ever going to announce who won the mixer?!!!

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.