:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

Pioneer Woman
August 28, 2015
9:57 pm
Betty Cruikshank
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1395
Snarking Since:
October 31, 2013

Wow, that is a large font.

August 29, 2015
9:12 am

I wonder why the change. Does it make it easier to roll in her products?

August 31, 2015
6:26 am
blogsbug
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 716
Snarking Since:
April 24, 2015

To me it's super odd that the post titles are bigger than her blog title.

I'm in her demographic age-wise but not in terms of IQ I bet…  I can't even with all the photos and the stupid accompanying text.  It's so formulaic and not funny or cute!

Lettuce wraps are everything. Absolutely everything. And I know they’ve been around forever, and I know they’re everywhere, and I know I shouldn’t have worn turquoise mascara when I got my senior pictures taken back in the eighties. I get that. But I’m not sorry.

(For the lettuce wraps or the turquoise mascara.)

Gracious. Will you look at that chicken for a sec?

Oh, and what the heck, go ahead…take two secs!

We seriously need photos like this?

Followed by this? drool

If you don't know how to pour sauce into a bowl, you definitely should not be near an open flame.  Not to mention, she's not showing them the intermediary step of actually MEASURING the ingredient…  Guess I need to unfollow her, this makes me so rage-y.

August 31, 2015
8:16 am

blogsbug meowed

If you don't know how to pour sauce into a bowl, you definitely should not be near an open flame.  Not to mention, she's not showing them the intermediary step of actually MEASURING the ingredient…  Guess I need to unfollow her, this makes me so rage-y.

But…it's food corn

And I'm still laughing at your "open flame" line!

emberkomodogad5bq4

September 1, 2015
10:15 am
dripdrop

So her new cookware line is available today. I haven't been able to load her website since she changed it, but I went to her Facebook and was able to see it through the Walmart link she posted. Some of her commentors are not happy that she decided to partner with them (can't say I blame them, tbh). Also, I LOLed at this comment reply on her Facebook:

Even Target is better than Wal-Mart. Guess she figured the demographic that watchers her show are Wal-Mart type people. Not me

clap

September 1, 2015
1:50 pm
CleoPine
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 333
Snarking Since:
May 13, 2013

We seriously need photos like this?

Sadly, some do.  I have plenty of friends and family members that are absolutely paralyzed by the thought of cooking from a recipe and they definitely would be comforted by the insane step by step pictures.

I was floored by her partnership with Wal-Mart.  I never thought she would go that down-market, for lack of a better term.  Not that I expected to see her at Williams Sonoma but certainly a retailer a couple of steps above Wally World.  Like Kohl's, Macy's or something along those lines.

A couple of months back, I remember seeing pics she took in a store showing a sneak peak at her new products and it definitely wasn't a Wal-Mart.  I think she was in NYC at the time so maybe it was a designer showroom.

ETA – here is the post with the picture – http://thepioneerwoman.com/confessions/im-leavin-today/

Now I am even more confused.  Was the above photo staged for a marketing campaign?  If so, NYC and the look of the set is at odds with the style of the products and the retailer.

I have found it interesting that she hasn't offered her products as give aways on the blog, she gives away expensive brands.  I wonder if this will change in the future.

September 1, 2015
2:05 pm
mellamma
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1560
Snarking Since:
August 11, 2014

dripdrop meowed
So her new cookware line is available today. I haven't been able to load her website since she changed it, but I went to her Facebook and was able to see it through the Walmart link she posted. Some of her commentors are not happy that she decided to partner with them (can't say I blame them, tbh). Also, I LOLed at this comment reply on her Facebook:

Even Target is better than Wal-Mart. Guess she figured the demographic that watchers her show are Wal-Mart type people. Not me

clap

A friend who has no clue and is caught up in all the bright floral patterns was oohing and ahhing over everything. Another lady asked if it was made in the USA and I replied back and said, no, Gibson Overseas is made in China.

Did anyone ever run across the Paula Deen cake mixes?  Once, my mom found a box at Walgreens and I tried it. It was disgusting.  You could smell the artificial ingredients in it and I threw the cake out.  My mom wondered if it was a bootleg mix and maybe Paula didn't even know they put her face on the box.  I don't think it went over well.

September 1, 2015
3:07 pm

The new website makes my eyeballs hurt.   

Some of the PW line is nice (at least online).   I wonder what the quality is like in real life.  I'm willing to bet that my mother gives me at least one piece of this for Christmas.  Guess I'll find out then!

September 1, 2015
4:32 pm
SnarkaliciousPork
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1426
Snarking Since:
July 1, 2015

I used to be a lurker on PW's site, but that redesign is too much. 

Call me cheesy, I actually like some of her kitchen line. I checked it out on Walmart.com and over half the collection is out of stock. I wonder if her minions went out and bought it all or if they aren't stocking the whole line yet.

September 1, 2015
6:23 pm
You make me happy
Feline Porklord
Meows: 4706
Snarking Since:
October 27, 2012

SnarkaliciousPork meowed
I used to be a lurker on PW's site, but that redesign is too much. 

Call me cheesy, I actually like some of her kitchen line. I checked it out on Walmart.com and over half the collection is out of stock. I wonder if her minions went out and bought it all or if they aren't stocking the whole line yet.

I can't stand Walmart but I also had a look. She's already got all kinds of great reviews. Guess the PW army has been out in full force. I also just saw Steamy Kitchen post about it on FB – PW must be sending it to all her friends so they can push it. The dinnerware is way too feminine for me but I do want that cast iron grill. 

September 1, 2015
6:30 pm
SnarkaliciousPork
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1426
Snarking Since:
July 1, 2015

Yeah, the floral pattern is a bit much, but I like the flea market cups and that grill is pretty rad. 

September 1, 2015
6:40 pm
JAF
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 560
Snarking Since:
October 1, 2011

That Charlie cookie jar is adorable. I like her a lot. I can't help it. Since day one she's been all about being middle America,cooking crap and not trying to be healthy, and not giving a shit about Eco consciousness. It makes sense she would have a cutesy semi affordable Walmart collaboration because it makes it widely accessible to her core audience, and all her stuff looks like her. She must be making soooo much money. Truly, good for her.

Also her beef short ribs are sent from the Gods.

September 1, 2015
6:44 pm
c**t Kicking Elephant
Feline Porklord
Meows: 4922
Snarking Since:
June 12, 2013

I'm a Wal-Mart person and I like the new line but I can't stand her. 

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.