:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

The Affair
December 21, 2016
1:02 pm
Stalker in a Bow Tie
Feline Porklord
Meows: 4824
Snarking Since:
September 11, 2011

I'm one episode behind, but I am not into seeing Juliette's version of things… She's fine as a supporting character, I guess – but she's going to play a large enough role that we're supposed to care about her viewpoint? uh I really love watching the story unfold from just the main four characters' eyes.

December 21, 2016
5:26 pm
pretend its something funny
Hamcat
Meows: 84
Snarking Since:
January 8, 2015

I needed a show to watch so I decided to binge watch this one from the beginning. I'm a couple episodes behind on season 3, but I'm really not motivated to watch them. I really enjoyed the first 2 seasons, but this one *feels* different. I am glad that it seems that Noah has changed after being in prison cause I was about over him and his ego at the end of last season. I cannot stand Alison now after she left Joanie. She's probably more selfish than Noah. Maybe I shouldn't have watched so much of it at once. Ha. I never really like Louisa so I'm seeing that I might have been correct with my initial assessment of her. Helen needs to get over Noah. That part of her story is getting old and makes me think she's pathetic.

January 10, 2017
3:09 pm
Two Foot Femurs
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 310
Snarking Since:
August 7, 2015

Hellooo anyone out there?  Anyone caught up?

Spoilers to follow of course.. 

A few things…
1. Why was this another Noah/Helen episode?  BORING.  Take me back to Montauk!
2. What is Helen's deal anyway?  That trainwreck Noah over Vik/Vic/whatever??  No chance.  That doctor is way too patient, and she treated him HORRIBLY.  After being cheated on herself.. gross.  I'm done with Helen I think.
3. I also can't not focus on her pursed lips after someone mentioned that here.  Ugh.  Irritating.
4. Noah's perspective in the last episode was interesting though… very black-and-white.  Vik was horrible to him.  Furkat (idk about this spelling but whatever) was horrible to him.  Helen wasn't the least bit upset that Vik left.. but WTF was that last scene of the two of them in bed?  With him all violent and whatnot? 
5. (Okay I had a lot more things than I thought) Next week's episode looks interesting.  Seems like maybe Cole and Alison are getting busy some more.

Okay that's it!!

January 12, 2017
2:19 pm

Two Foot Femurs meowed
Hellooo anyone out there?  Anyone caught up?

Spoilers to follow of course.. 

A few things…
1. Why was this another Noah/Helen episode?  BORING.  Take me back to Montauk!
2. What is Helen's deal anyway?  That trainwreck Noah over Vik/Vic/whatever??  No chance.  That doctor is way too patient, and she treated him HORRIBLY.  After being cheated on herself.. gross.  I'm done with Helen I think.
3. I also can't not focus on her pursed lips after someone mentioned that here.  Ugh.  Irritating.
4. Noah's perspective in the last episode was interesting though… very black-and-white.  Vik was horrible to him.  Furkat (idk about this spelling but whatever) was horrible to him.  Helen wasn't the least bit upset that Vik left.. but WTF was that last scene of the two of them in bed?  With him all violent and whatnot? 
5. (Okay I had a lot more things than I thought) Next week's episode looks interesting.  Seems like maybe Cole and Alison are getting busy some more.

Okay that's it!!

Totally agree. 2 weeks in a row of the Solloways is 2 too many! The only consistent thing in Noah's point of view is that he is never at fault, always a victim. So over him. I'm convinced he's hallucinating and he stabbed himself and no one is actually stalking him. That may be far-fetched but I'm sticking to it! 

Helen = the worst. The doctor is so good to her kids, too! And what about last week when she went and saw her ex/Noah's ex best friend? She officially has no redeeming qualities. 

Allison + Cole forever! So glad they're back next week. I really hope we don't see Noah or Helen at all. 

January 12, 2017
3:05 pm
EmLaur
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1136
Snarking Since:
May 1, 2013

just a girl meowed 

Totally agree. 2 weeks in a row of the Solloways is 2 too many! The only consistent thing in Noah's point of view is that he is never at fault, always a victim. So over him. I'm convinced he's hallucinating and he stabbed himself and no one is actually stalking him. That may be far-fetched but I'm sticking to it! 

Helen = the worst. The doctor is so good to her kids, too! And what about last week when she went and saw her ex/Noah's ex best friend? She officially has no redeeming qualities. 

Allison + Cole forever! So glad they're back next week. I really hope we don't see Noah or Helen at all. 

Agree with everything you've said.  Your theory is not far-fetched…he def stabbed himself and is hallucinating.  If the writers think it'll be a huge plot twist when it's revealed that's all in his head, then they miscalculated.

Helen is the worst!  Ugh.  I wonder if it's Maura Tierney that I don't like or it's actually this character.  I don't know…I just have a feeling if it were someone else, I might like her more. 

January 12, 2017
3:12 pm
Are you there SIBO
Hamcat
Meows: 116
Snarking Since:
March 25, 2015

It won't let me quote, but I agree 100% that he is hallucinating and stabbed himself. Fat Brendon still gives me chills though. I almost expected that when Noah was in the Gunther store talking to Fat Brendon's mom and asking about her son that she was going to say that he was dead (and had been dead for years)… And that's how they would reveal that it was all in Noah's head.

They need to do something in the next couple episode to redeem this show because I feel like it's gone off the rails.

Helen ditching Vic for Noah feels like forced writing and that it's almost unbelievable to the viewer that anyone would do that.

And I completely agree about Juliette. That character needs to be written out.

January 12, 2017
5:58 pm
pretend its something funny
Hamcat
Meows: 84
Snarking Since:
January 8, 2015

I think maybe it's been a while since you guys have watched Alison cause she also has very few redeeming qualities herself (sorry, binge watched recently so it's pretty fresh in my mind). That said, I am so ready to be done with Helen so next week will be a welcome change. Completely on board with the theory that Noah stabbed himself. I'll be disappointed if that is the case cause that leaves us with him just being a POS addict.

Eh, I think it's believable that Helen got rid of Vic for Noah. We see time and time again that she hasn't truly gotten over him. So, here he is back in their family home, and she sees this as the time where he's finally going to come back to her.

January 14, 2017
12:23 pm
Two Foot Femurs
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 310
Snarking Since:
August 7, 2015

You're right about Alison. I guess maybe it does come down to the actress though, because I'm still rooting for her.

January 14, 2017
11:18 pm
Benjen Snark
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 442
Snarking Since:
November 11, 2013

Agree with the post regarding the fact that they can't unsee Helen's mouth ever since someone else mentioned it. It's very Simpsons-like, ie straight and sits very low below the nose.

Sometimes I do think that Helen just feels so bad for everything Noah is going through and what his life has become because of lying for her. But then she goes and lays in bed with him while he naps and I go back to second hand embarrassment for her.

Also, I can't help but think of how many people the characters slept with whenever they are sleeping with someone. They've all had multiple partners in very short time frames.

Juliette – student, then Noah, back to back
Noah – Juliette, Alison, Helen
Helen – Vic, friend from college, Noah
Alison – Cole, Noah
Cole – Luisa, Alison

January 14, 2017
11:56 pm
piano in the ass
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2137
Snarking Since:
April 23, 2013

Grandma JuJu meowed
Agree with the post regarding the fact that they can't unsee Helen's mouth ever since someone else mentioned it. It's very Simpsons-like, ie straight and sits very low below the nose.

Sometimes I do think that Helen just feels so bad for everything Noah is going through and what his life has become because of lying for her. But then she goes and lays in bed with him while he naps and I go back to second hand embarrassment for her.

Also, I can't help but think of how many people the characters slept with whenever they are sleeping with someone. They've all had multiple partners in very short time frames.

Alison – Cole, Noah
Cole – Luisa, Alison

She also did that goon from the Lobster Roll. Oscar. puke

January 15, 2017
4:09 pm
Benjen Snark
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 442
Snarking Since:
November 11, 2013

Quarter Assed Quilt meowed

Grandma JuJu meowed

Alison – Cole, Noah
Cole – Luisa, Alison

Wait, this season?

January 15, 2017
5:20 pm
EmLaur
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1136
Snarking Since:
May 1, 2013

Grandma JuJu meowed

Quarter Assed Quilt meowed

Grandma JuJu meowed

Alison – Cole, Noah
Cole – Luisa, Alison

Wait, this season?

No, awhile back. Maybe season 1.

January 15, 2017
7:57 pm
red-headed stepchild
Hamcat
Meows: 97
Snarking Since:
March 25, 2013

Please dear Lord just give me more Brendan!!

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.