:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

Escape From Obesity
January 7, 2017
3:28 pm

Have reconsidered my remark about Lyn being "disresptful and rude" though she has been known to be both in the past! I agree she does not owe her followers or gomi anything … howwver, the fact that she has given no update or well wishes over the Christmas season does seem to me to be lacking in a feeling of 'caring' which she always says is so fundamental to her, that she is so grateful to all who support her. Perhaps if she were not so smugLyn about her perceived successes "I have found the answers" she would not irritate me so much! sfun_blahblahnotlisten

January 7, 2017
8:13 pm
Triple Pneumonia
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 973
Snarking Since:
December 21, 2015

Seriously, I'd bet $$$ she  is keeping in touch on the side with LHA, debwillbefree, and the one or two other  morons who kissed her fat ass.  I'd also bet $$$ she's been binge eating everything in sight since Thanksgiving and is probably over 270; that is if she is even daring to weigh herself.  Does anyone on here belong to her facebook page?

January 11, 2017
4:37 pm
#prayforthe lonelyfarmers
Hamcat
Meows: 145
Snarking Since:
September 28, 2016

Has she ever gone this long without posting?confused

January 11, 2017
4:47 pm
Butthole Bellybutton

ya, she GOMI'd for a few months last year. 

January 11, 2017
4:53 pm
Avenging Animal
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2257
Snarking Since:
July 18, 2013

Eating Cake On The Toilet Single meowed
ya, she GOMI'd for a few months last year. 

Although usually it's a flounce preceded by an announcement.  She doesn't usually just drop off like this, especially when she's been oh.so.very.positive beforehand.   

January 11, 2017
8:53 pm
Triple Pneumonia
Count de Meowmy
Snarking Since:
December 21, 2015

^^^ True; she normally leaves with a dramatic announcement about the sudden death (or near death) of a very very dear, extremely close friend who's oddly never been mentioned once in the preceding decade of blogging, or some blah blah blather about being so busy/overwhelmed by her completely stagnant and sedentary life that she doesn't have time to take pictures of her disgusting food on her circa 1977 supermarket giveaway melamine plates and write accompanying poetic posts describing how succulent and fresh and local her pork slop is.

To disappear with no warning, no cryptic brief check-in post, etc. says to me that there are a few possibilities that may explain her sudden and extended absence:

1. she privately contacted her three or four sincere idiot readers and has set up a little chat board or private blog that only they can access
  2. she is in the throes of the WORST CASE OF S.A.D. EVER KNOWN TO MODERN MEDICINE and even her light box and daily pretend dog walk can't cure it
  3. she's gone off and had a VSG and experienced complications or is having difficulty coping with the aftermath of surgery.
January 11, 2017
10:39 pm
#prayforthe lonelyfarmers
Hamcat
Meows: 145
Snarking Since:
September 28, 2016

Thanks for the insight. I figured she was just ashamed to come back posting a huge gain.boring

January 11, 2017
10:51 pm
GoodbyeHello
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 909
Snarking Since:
March 1, 2014

Spelling Lessons From Dan Quayle meowed

Thanks for the insight. I figured she was just ashamed to come back posting a huge gain.boring

Could be that too!

Also she could just post something like Time flies when you're having fun and oh-so-busy! She'd tell tales of wonderful holidays with her children playing board games and watching Lassie, eating grass-fed this and pastured that with a side of Snickers Salad, taking trips with her kids, having only small bites at church pot-lucks, and rescuing animals trapped in closets all over the PNW.

January 11, 2017
11:28 pm
Trekkievet
Hamcat
Meows: 147
Snarking Since:
May 17, 2016

To disappear with no warning, no cryptic brief check-in post, etc. says to me that there are a few possibilities that may explain her sudden and extended absence:

1. she privately contacted her three or four sincere idiot readers and has set up a little chat board or private blog that only they can access
  2. she is in the throes of the WORST CASE OF S.A.D. EVER KNOWN TO MODERN MEDICINE and even her light box and daily pretend dog walk can't cure it
  3. she's gone off and had a VSG and experienced complications or is having difficulty coping with the aftermath of surgery.

I vote for Option #2 – I doubt Lyn could adhere to barest of minimum standards (liquid diet + psych eval) to qualify for WLS here in US, and I don't see her venturing out of her comfort zone by traveling to Mexico for surgery…
TRIGGERING doncha know!!!

January 12, 2017
4:31 am
hazelnut
Hamcat
Meows: 88
Snarking Since:
August 7, 2013

Here's my take. I think she's been pounding the food hard trying to get to 280 so her insurance will pay for WLS. I'm sure her little ruse of "calming her eating disorder" was hard even for her, the queen of BS, to keep up. There are only so many times you can talk about being magically freed of your eating disorder while continuing to gain massive amounts of weight, before people start to get suspicious.

She would never admit to gaining weight for surgery, since she knows everyone would give her shit for it. I'll bet her dream is to get the surgery, lose a bunch of weight and then come back to the blog like – see? I told you I could cure myself! My life is so amazing!! I'm amazing! Suck it haters! (SmugLyn on steroids.) If she does somehow qualify for surgery, reality is going to be a B***H. There's no way she can live without her potlucks and bowls of chips. 

January 16, 2017
4:47 pm
ukerbagg
Kitten
Meows: 7
Snarking Since:
June 24, 2016

Maybe she's dead? Possible given her health issues.

January 16, 2017
5:01 pm
Triple Pneumonia
Count de Meowmy
Snarking Since:
December 21, 2015

ukerbagg meowed
Maybe she's dead? Possible given her health issues.

Not going to say that hasn't crossed my mind.

January 16, 2017
5:01 pm
Trekkievet
Hamcat
Meows: 147
Snarking Since:
May 17, 2016

Meh, I doubt it UB – Lyn has flounced off for weeks on end before, it's nothing new. (as I leap eagerly on a new mention of EO to see if there's anything to report)

I have to say, though, that I was disturbed to learn that a sincere HLB, Tess Howell (tesspaleojourney.blogspot.com) passed away in Nov at the age of 61 from her cardiac condition… She truly was searching for improved health for herself & her family members. I was getting an ominous feeling when she hadn't posted anything since Sept, and I stumbled upon her daughter's FB  announcement in December. It felt like a punch in the stomach.

Lyn, OTOH, needs a wake-up call.

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.