:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

Simply Taralynn / Undressed Skeleton / Taralynn McNitt
January 12, 2017
8:37 am
Insufferable Bridge Troll
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 776
Snarking Since:
July 14, 2015

Underutilized day planner meowed
"My boyfriend has been the best influence for all three of those goals. He’s the most organized person I know, he goes to the gym five times a week, and has been meal prepping for the past five years."

Sure, Jan.

Too bad zero out of those five days are leg day.

January 12, 2017
9:53 am
What I Didnt Eat Wednesday
Hamcat
Meows: 163
Snarking Since:
March 12, 2015

heathenous slattern meowed
Too bad zero out of those five days are leg day.

sha_clap2sha_clap2sha_clap2sha_clap2sha_clap2

January 12, 2017
9:58 am
RestingBFace
Cat
Meows: 21
Snarking Since:
July 5, 2016

First time poster here, been lurking for awhile though hi-103.  I had to come out and post after her latest fitchallenge post on instagram because it just made me so ragey!    Also decided to change the convo from which states are pit holes and which aren't back to TL ;).  

I found TL's blog about a year and a half ago via pinterest and am embarrassed to admit fell into the trap of believing all her lies.  After a few months of reading her blog I was in a very unhealthy mental state because I am the same height as her and was comparing my body to hers…well "hers" as in her photo-shopped body (I have had body issues my whole life despite being thin – I know I am thin but I have to overwrite my stupid brain to tell myself that).  Comparing myself to her photo-shopped body of perfect abs and perfect everything was not good for me (I know others have had this problem too thanks to reading this thread).  I was also finding myself thinking I wasn't working out enough and needed to do more to look better.  Mind you, I train for marathons and triathlons pretty consistently – even did an ironman a few years back.  Yet this little POS screwed with my head. 

Thankfully I found this thread when I decided to google that 5k she ran and got 1st place in (because I wanted to see just how many people were in said race).  I saw all the DR pictures and was shocked and frankly embarrassed that I believed all her crap.  So this thread seriously saved me from going down a bad road so thanks hams! 

Anywhoooo.. Her lying running times are pissing me the hell off so much that I actually want to figure out which half marathon she is running and sign up for it (my hometown isn't that far from NYC) just to beat her a** in the race.  I've worked my butt off running to get my times down (from my first marathon in 2011 at just under 4hours to my most recent in November at a PR of 3hr42min that I busted my a** training for).  And then here TL is post "oh hehe just randomly was running at a 6:27 pace and had another 7:20 mile surrounded by my 9:30 miles. I am not saying 9:30 miles are bad by any means but seriously just cannot stand her lies and how easy she makes it seem to run that much faster.  angryangryangry  

January 12, 2017
10:14 am
Lipsensedaddy
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 304
Snarking Since:
August 1, 2016

LMAO she's seriously claiming another 7:20 mile followed by 2 9:30 miles.  Does she not realize how stupid this sounds?  Someone who runs a 7something mile doesn't just follow it up with a 9something mile.  It literally does not happen.  She can screenshot her faulty running app all she wants, but until she posts something at an official race better than a 28:30 5k time on a course with 87 feet of gain, I'll continue to think it's all smoke and mirrors.

Welcome (to posting anyway) RestingBFace…I hope you do sign up and I hope you do kick her ass. grouphug

January 12, 2017
10:44 am
ground turkey wedding cake
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 460
Snarking Since:
April 26, 2015

Bowls of Cigarettes meowed
1) I hate how TL constantly refers to "THE SOUTH," but that doesn't change the fact that yes, NC and SC are definitely in the south. Just pay them a visit if you think otherwise.

2) I don't care if you're from South Carolina or San Fran or St. Thomas or Syria or Somalia or Sierra Leone… you're allowed to feel pride for where you're from. Get the stick out of your ass. drool

Geez, sorry to start a GOMI civil war, people.

I have been to NC, and did not get a southern vibe. But hey, that's just me. Anyways, my annoyance is more about the fact that she tries to work in that little southern charm she thinks she has into every other sentence. It's just overkill and she's such a try hard about it.

January 12, 2017
11:21 am
Severus Snark
Feline Porklord
Meows: 3263
Snarking Since:
December 31, 2014

What the hell. How dumb is this b***h.

She reads here, but isn't smart enough to use it to avoid making the same mistakes? She got side-eye from her IRL newBecca and the opinions of several real runners here. At the very least, you stupid assclown, slow fade that shitty 7-minute app glitch lie. Don't use it again immediately if it's clear you're f**king dumb and no one buys it.

How is she so idiotic about this when self-obsession is literally her entire job. You have less than one job, Tara, and god knows how many haters providing you free feedback, listing all the idiotic mistakes you could cut out at any minute to look more Kstew and less derp. Take advantage of that and at least lie better.

January 12, 2017
11:53 am
Foam cartridge sensor pump
Hamcat
Meows: 156
Snarking Since:
August 3, 2016

Severus Snark meowed
What the hell. How dumb is this b***h.

She reads here, but isn't smart enough to use it to avoid making the same mistakes? She got side-eye from her IRL newBecca and the opinions of several real runners here. At the very least, you stupid assclown, slow fade that shitty 7-minute app glitch lie. Don't use it again immediately if it's clear you're f**king dumb and no one buys it.

How is she so idiotic about this when self-obsession is literally her entire job. You have less than one job, Tara, and god knows how many haters providing you free feedback, listing all the idiotic mistakes you could cut out at any minute to look more Kstew and less derp. Take advantage of that and at least lie better.

angry

angry

angry

I only use Garmin, but I know there are other websites were you can upload your data, i.e. Strava and Runkeeper.  Does she use any of these?  Any hams out there able to pull up the run data, if she does use them?  I'm just really curious to see her total work out time v. tracking time (i.e. how many and how long her breaks were) and to see the map, which will usually show the gps glitch.  I have one area on my run where my Garmin always fails.  When you look at the map afterwards, it shows this glitch by showing it tracked me around blocks and across rivers that I did not go.

Also, if it's Strava, is it possible it's glitching on the upload?  I don't know how Strava works, but I have a friend that uploaded a run to it a few weeks ago, and it took a minute off of one of her mile times, when it uploaded.  Maybe this is doing the same thing?  Maybe she ran an 8:20 mile (still….I feel like even this is unlikely) and it uploaded as a 7:20 mile?

ETA:  She even took a screen shot showing her "current pace" of a 6:27.  I know current pace doesn't equal mile time, but it's still SO FREAKING DECEPTIVE.  However, now I just have this image of SimpleLynn sprinting up and down the street trying to hit that pace so she could get the screen shot.  Also, to add, the picture shows her downtown for her run — 100% gps lost signal for that 7-minute mile because of the buildings.  

January 12, 2017
12:49 pm
Boot Camp Mary Poppins
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 343
Snarking Since:
August 3, 2015

"My boyfriend has been the best influence for all three of those goals. He’s the most organized person I know, he goes to the gym five times a week, and has been meal prepping for the past five years."

Sure, Jan.

Calling George Glass!!! ^^this Jan comment did not get the attention it deserved rofl

January 12, 2017
12:53 pm
Severus Snark
Feline Porklord
Meows: 3263
Snarking Since:
December 31, 2014

Boot Camp Mary Poppins meowed

Sure, Jan.

Calling George Glass!!! ^^this Jan comment did not get the attention it deserved rofl

5 years of obsessive food prep and gym-going? And he looks like a normal dude? With tiny legs?
drool
F**king shut up, Tara. I bet he just packs a f**king lunch and you salivated at the opportunity to imply more.

January 12, 2017
1:03 pm
iliketurtles
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1767
Snarking Since:
February 3, 2014

She still operates like such a child.

"TEE HEE I have a boyyyyyyfriend!!!" Her whole diary– excuse me, "blog"– is 100% about whatever boy she is dating at the time.  I don't care who you are– that is pitiful.

The constant posting of fabricated/incorrect run times for internet head pats is equally odd.  She craves Internet validation so badly.  Since that middle school 5K was brought up… what adult would post about that and be deceptive about the minimal number of participants to make themselves seem more impressive?  Just be a normal person!  Say something like — "This weekend, I ran a really fun community 5K and brought home this badass medal!  Okay, okay, so there were only a few participants… but I plan to do a bigger race in the future!"

Tara is somebody who should be dragging her ass to therapy 2x/week.  I'm not trying to armchair diagnose her, but she is just not right.

She reminds me a lot of my 14-year-old cousin.  Inappropriate boundaries (posting about her UTI online), lying to impress others, defines herself by what boy she's crushing on, dramatic on-off friendships with girls, NO JOB..

January 12, 2017
1:11 pm
SC
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1840
Snarking Since:
November 15, 2011

its because she has to be the best at everything she does. the skinniest, the prettiest. its not good enough to just go for a run and run 9:30 min/mile, she has to run 7:20 min/miles. I predicate a 2 hour + half, going with a 2:10 finish.  she will make excuses about all the hills.  

like the above commenter said, why can't she jsut be HONEST? why make excuses.  I've run races much slower than I had trained for. i've had times ive been embarassed about because they were slower than I would have liked. but i dont just lie to people about why. usually it's because i made a mistake like starting out too fast or didnt do enough long runs (in the case of a crap marathon time from last year). just accept what you are capable of!! 

i'm running a half at the end of march with a 1:40 goal time and -as i stated earlier on this thread- I do not just randomly run 2 min/mile faster than all my other miles out of nowhere.  i cant wait to see this shit show catmilk1(i just really wanted to use this cat)

January 12, 2017
3:12 pm
chexmixsalad
Cat
Meows: 16
Snarking Since:
May 17, 2016

I agree that if she would just be a real person she would come across as much more likable.  If she had a post that said something like, "I wasn't feeling it today so instead of running I opened a bag of Doritos, popped a bottle of wine, and watched The Bachelor all night."  People relate much more to people who are honest about, you know, being human.  But when you read her blog she paints this picture of sticking to her "healthy" eating habits and obsessive exercise routines.  Her weight loss post was so out of the blue because she never freaking admitted to gaining anything or being in a slump!  

You're a human being, Tara!  It's okay to show that!

January 12, 2017
3:13 pm
Aoi
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 468
Snarking Since:
March 18, 2016

iliketurtles meowed

She reminds me a lot of my 14-year-old cousin.  Inappropriate boundaries (posting about her UTI online), lying to impress others, defines herself by what boy she's crushing on, dramatic on-off friendships with girls, NO JOB..

That's the heart of it all, really – she's just so incredibly immature. I bet she won't change a bit, even after she hits 30.

If you never grow up, aka get actual responsibilities and make real commitments in life…then you are no doubt always going to be stuck in this ultra-dependent, petty, high school-esque haze.

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.