:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

a beautiful mess
November 9, 2017
8:57 pm
Hot Mess Express
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 465
Snarking Since:
January 9, 2014

thatgirl1924 meowed

Is elsie pregnant?

Can we just not do this? Ugh. facepalm

November 10, 2017
10:32 am
thebluey
Hamcat
Meows: 135
Snarking Since:
July 31, 2013

So Elsie's capsule wardrobe involved buying a load of new clothes at some point a couple of months ago then being pleased with herself because since then shes only bought 2 new dresses and 2 new coats since? Despite having approx 1000 of each of those in her non capsule wardrobe already? Because that is one hell of a lot of clothes to purchase within 3 months.

November 10, 2017
5:05 pm
Cdawns
Cat
Meows: 19
Snarking Since:
August 18, 2016

Proud of herself for not shopping for clothes (other than when she did) for three months.  

The wastage is amazing

I purchased one top and two jeans this winter and made do with what was in my wardrobe.  No planning, just a lot of re-wearing and I'm sick to death of my clothes, but have a limited budget so "stiff shit for me" 

November 12, 2017
10:51 pm
biscuits and crazy
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 318
Snarking Since:
June 28, 2016

Those super nova and bossy nova shirts she made had me drool. That poor kid's life is going to be a constant fashion show of twee.

November 13, 2017
12:09 pm
amyrules
Cat
Meows: 14
Snarking Since:
October 13, 2017

They posted a DIY for dish soap that is basically: add our branded essential oils to store bought soap. boringReally scraping the bottom of the ideas barrel there…

November 14, 2017
2:54 pm
bananapie
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 678
Snarking Since:
September 19, 2012

I thought the purpose of a capsule wardrobe was to invest in fewer but higher quality pieces that can be mixed and matched so ones entire wardrobe has maybe 30 pieces in it total. How is a shopping spree every season and wearing only those outfits while your needs an entire room to itself wardrobe sits unused a capsule wardrobe? Maybe a capsule of HER wardrobe. The pieces she chose don’t even mix/match and they are not well fitting, quality items that will last several seasons. She even says she collects vintage dresses. Just be you, Elsie. Stop trying to jump on trends you don’t even understand. She’s such an idiot.

November 14, 2017
3:22 pm
the_recluse
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 406
Snarking Since:
February 9, 2016

amyrules meowed

They posted a DIY for dish soap that is basically: add our branded essential oils to store bought soap. boringReally scraping the bottom of the ideas barrel there…

Ugh nope nope nope. I make a lot of hippie shit including most of my household cleaners. My roommate and I ‘made’ a very similar dish soap when we first moved in and I straight up stopped washing dishes to boycott it. It doesn’t make suds, smells weird (yes even with essential oils) and leaves a film— basically, it doesn’t clean your dishes.

They make so many eco-friendly, refillable dish soaps now this diy is absolutely pointless.
rolleyes

November 14, 2017
5:36 pm
Lauradots
Cat
Meows: 11
Snarking Since:
August 14, 2016

is she really bringing a gold rock star skirt for nova to china? I don't know, it's not the first thing I would bring for a child I'm going to meet for the first time, who has experienced what she has all her life..

also the chandelier in nova's playroom is 3000$..what??

November 14, 2017
5:40 pm
Lauradots
Cat
Meows: 11
Snarking Since:
August 14, 2016

Hot Mess Express meowed

thatgirl1924 meowed

Is elsie pregnant?

Can we just not do this? Ugh. 

For real??

November 17, 2017
12:39 pm
blessedcottonsocks
Kitten
Meows: 3
Snarking Since:
January 19, 2017

I'm a forever lurker chair but Elsie's latest instagram post of a "Nova fashion show" has me worried for her expectations. My cousin was adopted when she was 4. Her adoptive parents were informed that her background was traumatic and she would require therapy even at that young age. They took that very seriously and she had therapists, tutors, and support groups ready as soon as she came home with them. Even so, the adjustment was HARD on everyone. They too focused on making memories and instilling family traditions but for YEARS it was a challenge. Despite everything her parents knew going in, they still had moments of "I thought we'd be a perfect family by now" or resentment. My cousin didn't have any physical disabilities or a language barrier, like little Nova does. Now, as a teen (she's so sweet and talented and goofy) she knows her history and recognizes that her parents struggled and feels guilty. I'm not snarking when I say that the excitement and joy should be tempered with preparedness and patience for the good of everyone involved.

/end

November 17, 2017
1:06 pm
the_recluse
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 406
Snarking Since:
February 9, 2016

Oof. Yeah that ~fashion show~ .. … dead

Elsie is delusional (she is SO EXCITED to make crafts with her for Christmas! No time to adjust, human-doll, Elsie needs to make ~*memorygoals*~ for the gram starting YESTERDAY!!!) but Jeremy does seem a lot more realistic about the whole thing. He posted her photo and a very sweet caption pre-thanking the folks who have been taking care of her and keeping her happy, and apologizing to nova for the really confusing and difficult transition to their home she’ll soon face.
I mean, it’s the internet of course, but quite a difference from insta-storying the ridiculous sunglass collection for the 5738373947 time..

November 17, 2017
1:44 pm
Severus Snark
Feline Porklord
Meows: 3263
Snarking Since:
December 31, 2014

Elsie’s kind of freaking me out.

I just have this mental image of her chasing and cornering the kid with sponsored clothing. (“Tradishuuuuuuns!”) If you want to be a mom—not have mom content on instagram—there should be so many other things on your mind. The child may outgrow half of that before feeling comfortable and interested in a fashion show. Instagramming kid clothing should be so, so far down the list right now. Not the literal only thing she has planned for her prop.

Someone has been frothing over that Zooey in the city and Fancytreehouse’s kid blogs. Step away, Elsie. Please realize you child will have to learn to just BE all over again and that process needs to come before IG likes.

November 18, 2017
4:22 am
The Chapster
Hamcat
Meows: 54
Snarking Since:
May 6, 2016

Honest question. I'm not from the US and over here, when people adopt, they are encouraged to share nothing (or as less as possible) about their child on social media / internet in general. Because of the child's privacy etc. I have friends who have adopted their son and when we've been together at a party or something we always check pictures before we put them up on facebook to share (to make sure their son is not in the pics). Is that "rule" not in place in the US? Because it baffles me how much is allready on social media.

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.