:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

Freckled Fox
November 30, 2016
2:49 pm
post-coitus
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 622
Snarking Since:
May 30, 2014

So wait…did New "Daddy" say that he was living with the family for a year while Martin was sick??

November 30, 2016
2:54 pm
Human Pinterest Fail
Hamcat
Meows: 182
Snarking Since:
October 9, 2012

creatively creating creations meowed
So wait…did New "Daddy" say that he was living with the family for a year while Martin was sick??

No, I thought that too, though. 

He's saying, perhaps more creepily, that he moved into the home of another large family with a father dying of cancer at an earlier point in his life. 

Ham upthread said this may be the intro to how "everything makes sense now." Major not-even-speculation, but what a story it would be if he'd used that as a resume point to then come stay with Emily and help out and then they fell in love that way. 

November 30, 2016
3:05 pm
post-coitus
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 622
Snarking Since:
May 30, 2014

Wow! That is somehow creepier…this guy seems like a real POS. The fact that they're having the kids call their recently deceased FATHER "Daddy Martin" makes me question the sanity of both adults even further than I already had been. I know it's been called out extensively, but seriously…wtf?

Like man you others have said, at best this guy is an opportunist who craves attention for being a "savior" and possibly money. At worst, he wants access to those kids.

I tried not to judge and to have sympathy for Emily, but the more that comes out, the more sick in the head she seems to be.

November 30, 2016
3:37 pm
What a Tangled Wig I Weave
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 984
Snarking Since:
November 30, 2012

Thank you Wilumsb for unraveling all of that — I'm glad she doesn't get to change her mind and erase the Martin era from her Eternity.  How do you even reconcile a lifetime of erasing Daddy-Martin once you make it to Heaven?  Um, you cant, and no, I don't even want to chill in Eternity with you now…

Do we even know if Dickie is Mormon? Maybe he's not about that sealed up life anyway…but he sure is about that add water and stir Daddy life!

November 30, 2016
4:01 pm
Fruit Flies Inc.
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 351
Snarking Since:
August 5, 2015

maybe i'm overreacting here but it really grossed me out the way he describes tickling and pinching and playing with these kids that are not his. i'm not saying that step fathers should not be physically affectionate with their step children but he is a stranger and they are really little and very vulnerable. i would side eye a man who was so eager to be affectionate and physical with my kids. after his "hand that rocks the hospice" story i am catching some very creepy vibes from this guy. emily should keep her eyes open. 

November 30, 2016
4:08 pm
Going to the Boneyard on the Reg
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 676
Snarking Since:
June 23, 2014

1alina2cups meowed
maybe i'm overreacting here but it really grossed me out the way he describes tickling and pinching and playing with these kids that are not his. i'm not saying that step fathers should not be physically affectionate with their step children but he is a stranger and they are really little and very vulnerable. i would side eye a man who was so eager to be affectionate and physical with my kids. after his "hand that rocks the hospice" story i am catching some very creepy vibes from this guy. emily should keep her eyes open. 

Not to downplay your very serious and legitimate concern, but "hand that rocks the hospice" had me like:

November 30, 2016
4:46 pm
Mistress Of All Evil
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 899
Snarking Since:
March 6, 2015

1alina2cups meowed

And the usernames just keep on coming in this thread… rofl

November 30, 2016
5:10 pm
Fifty Shades of Grey Sweatpants
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 268
Snarking Since:
July 16, 2015

1alina2cups meowed

Not overreacting at all. The thing that makes me even more confused about that is, if he's driving during this "scene" and has to wait until they're home to give Lydia a hug, why is he turning around and smiling, tickling, and groping the other kids? None of this adds up. I'm really hoping this whole exchange was all made up to make him look like step-dad in shining armour. Otherwise,  I give up. 

Also, his Navy Seal comment, then back-tracking about how he respects armed forces, really irked me as well. Not sure why, probably just BEC at this point. 

And btw, "hand that rocks the hospice" had melmao

November 30, 2016
5:32 pm
Res ipsa loquitur
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 403
Snarking Since:
March 6, 2015

1alina2cups meowed

Yep. It's grossing me out, too.

November 30, 2016
5:56 pm
One-armed bundit
Hamcat
Meows: 54
Snarking Since:
November 29, 2016

Res ipsa loquitur meowed

1alina2cups meowed

Yep. It's grossing me out, too.

Me three.

Blurgh. Not appropriate.

Like I mentioned before, I have a step dad and he never ever did anything like that. Especially only after a few months of being with my mum. Plus, I would say we have a very appropriate loving relationship. Not saying all people should be the same but it's a fact that children are more at risk when a new man is introduced to their lives.

Going to be weird and quote Dr Phil (haha!)

"A child with a biological mother who lives alone is 14 times more likely to suffer abuse.
And, most shocking of all:
A child with a biological mother who is living with a man who is not the child’s father is 33 times more likely to suffer abuse. "

I am no way suggesting what Richard is like but facts are facts and this is why relationships should be taken slowly to figure these things out before it's too late. Plus if he is tickling etc. He seriously needs to slow down and build a natural relationship with the kids.

November 30, 2016
6:21 pm
alice
Meows: 12382
Snarking Since:
September 3, 2008

1alina2cups meowed
"hand that rocks the hospice"

everyone go home, alina cups won the internet

see you all tomorrow thanks for playing

November 30, 2016
6:42 pm
4leafedclover
Cat
Meows: 16
Snarking Since:
November 30, 2016

Pink Feminine Undertone meowed
Just to be clear, I meant absolutely no disrespect to Martin or his family in my post.  I have no doubt whatsoever that Martin loved her madly and everything he did for her was a product of his everlasting love.  

Emily was *Martin's* sweetheart and one true love. I don't think he was hers, except she loved the money and the fantasy life. 

I just cannot believe she loves anyone but herself or anything but her brand.  I've based this on:

1. Everything thing she's written on the blog, IG, FB, etc. since Martin's passing
  2. The carefully curated "oh look … how sad, the grieving widow and children" photos (complete with @ss shot wearing F Me shoes)
  3. The photos of the happy shiny new perfect family — with the amazing wonderful new husband she married 3 months after Martin's passing
  4. The relentless sponsored posts
  5. The oh so obvious attempt to show Wolfie as the family's savior coupled with the erasing of Martin from the children's lives
  6. The self-serving posts from "Richard" that no one believes he actually wrote

I think she met Martin years ago, saw he (and his family) were rich, saw he could give her the fantasy life and went about her calculated campaign to get Martin to love her/ marry her.

I think Martin saw what Emily wanted him to see, saw the image she presented to the world in her blog. That's who he loved. Emily's behavior in the last 6 months has let her mask slip a little showing the real Emily.

None of this is in any way critical of Martin.  She's good at what she does and very believeable.

Martin believed she was who she appeared to be.  The world believed it too.

I'm a long-time lurker and followed FF from time to time, before Martin's diagnosis and after. I was devastated with the news of Martin's passing, and donated to her YouCaring page or whatever. I couldn't believe what I was reading when she announced her remarriage. Anyway,  I had to register to agree with this post – I completely think she didn't love him as much as she wanted everyone to think she did. 

I think that she didn't really love Martin as much as she portrayed to the world on her blog, to family, to friends. How could anyone who lost their "sweetheart" and "love of her life" (and really meant those words) move on so quickly? I think she cared for him, not saying that she hated every minute of their life together, but I just don't think she really loved him as much as she used to make it seem like she did. Maybe she was even trying to convince herself that she did love him that much. 

I don't think she was conniving about it, like she plotted to use Martin – I think she just saw an opportunity and took it. I think she basically is a huge "user." She fits the profile pretty well – I have friends who are users. They're all pretty, narcissistic and know they can get what they want because of their looks and charm. She seems like the type that saw an opportunity to have a nice, cushy life and went along with it. The kids were just part of going along with it (unfortunately). Maybe because Martin wanted to have kids, or that's what her faith expects, etc. Or maybe she did want them, and was pretty comfortable and happy anyway, so why not? Not to mention the kids brought her a lot of attention.

I think she was prepared to live a good life with Martin so she could benefit financially, have the career she wanted, and to top it all off he really loved her (and I assume he spoiled her). Then, when he unexpectedly got sick and passed away, she was probably sad, but not anything like we all would have thought based on what she portrayed. She probably does still get a little sad from time to time, but I really don't think that the passion and love she wanted us to believe was there, really existed from her side. So it was not as difficult for her to move on when she found the next opportunity come along in Richard. 

That being said, I'm not defending her at all – I think what happened is horrible, and she should know better even if she didn't feel the amount of grief we all expected her to. Her kids for sure loved Martin with all their hearts and are going to grieve for a long time. Even if she can't bring herself to feel the immense pain her kids and Martin's family do, she should know better than to think they can all move on as quickly as she can.  The fact that she doesn't seem to be thinking about how her kids feel baffles me and I wish that we could call someone to swoop in and help on her kids behalf, but I know we can't. 🙁 

To Martin's family on here, I'm so sorry for your loss and wish that I could help in some way, to honor Martin's memory and make sure those sweet kids get the care they need in their situation. 

TL;DR: I think Emily is a huge "user." 

November 30, 2016
9:34 pm
Ginny
Hamcat
Meows: 50
Snarking Since:
March 24, 2014

Mistress Of All Evil meowed
Damn, it won't let me quote but…

Heavenly Shaft

someone need a new username? rofl

Yep got it! dancinglemon

Also just have to say how sickened I felt by the last couple of blog posts. I was shocked and horrified when she announced her marriage but still tried to keep an open mind as I have no idea what she is going through. But after the Christmas cards? And these posts supposedly written by Richard? Just nope. I think she is sick and I am truly concerned for those 5 babies. Her actions are so selfish. If she has actually coached the kids to refer to their dad as "Daddy Martin" that is horrifying. It's painful to see how she is disrespecting Martin and his memory and I can't even imagine how painful it is to his family. 

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.