:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

Freckled Fox
November 13, 2017
4:45 pm
Baylee121
Hamcat
Meows: 126
Snarking Since:
October 7, 2016

I agree with those who think he shouldn't be shirtless around the kids. They are not his kids, and he's still in the long process of creating and cultivating the father/child relationship. It's way too early to be that comfortable with those kids. It's been just over a year since he entered their lives, in the first place. He thinks just because they call him, Daddy, he IS their daddy, and I'd say that he's still earning that title.

I can't delineate just why, but I just don't like it. If I were Emily, I'd ask him to keep fully clothed around the kids. Simple as that.

November 13, 2017
5:14 pm
Fetch
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2374
Snarking Since:
November 5, 2012

Baylee121 meowed
I agree with those who think he shouldn't be shirtless around the kids. They are not his kids, and he's still in the long process of creating and cultivating the father/child relationship. It's way too early to be that comfortable with those kids. It's been just over a year since he entered their lives, in the first place. He thinks just because they call him, Daddy, he IS their daddy, and I'd say that he's still earning that title.

I can't delineate just why, but I just don't like it. If I were Emily, I'd ask him to keep fully clothed around the kids. Simple as that.

This. I don't have issues with nudity or states of undress, but it's different when it's not your own kids and you have already crossed literally every step-parent boundary that shouldn't be crossed. 

November 13, 2017
5:45 pm
Grumblemama
Hamcat
Meows: 53
Snarking Since:
December 2, 2016

Richard hanging around the living room randomly shirtless is gross and weird because Richard himself is gross and weird. It might be BEC, but my husband sure doesn't lounge around our house shirtless in freaking November. Oh well, at least it was from the back and we were all spared the sight of Richard's man-nipples. pukesmiley-laughing004

November 13, 2017
7:27 pm
Maybe She Is Born With It… Maybe It Is Restylane
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 670
Snarking Since:
June 15, 2016

warriorofmooching meowed
Hilarious but is it considered WK to think it's normal for a 'dad' to not wear a shirt around his kids? like come on….y'all being a bit BEC

If it was a normal person, no. Is it weird to see a father with no shirt on at the pool or beach? Of course not, so why would the same behavior in the privacy of their home be weird? But because it's Richard, it's weird because he's a creepy, lecherous weirdo preying on widows and not contributing to the livelihood of an overburdened large family and so everything he does that's not done out of an abundance of caution is suspect

November 13, 2017
9:07 pm
Hear My Heart, Yall
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 535
Snarking Since:
January 2, 2017

I think it's interesting that we've become so accustomed to voyeurism via social media that we can say things like "he can do what he wants in the privacy of his own home".  Just like bloggers (Tikaa, for instance) thinking it's okay to post herself putting on her makeup or bra-less in bed in a white nightgown.  Our walls, the former bastions of our privacy, have become transparent.  We know Dickhead sat and read with his stepchildren with no shirt on not because we are family members in the household.  Not because we are Emily.  Not because we are literal flies on the wall.  We know, because she chose to pick up her phone and broadcast it.  And we've become so accustomed to it that we can defend what a person wants to do "in the privacy of their own home".  It's interesting to me that privacy has been redefined, and that we as consumers of social media do not recognize the difference between private and public anymore.

This is not snark on anyone who defended the Fox family, just an observation about where we've come so quickly.  

November 14, 2017
6:53 am
Peaceful Farmhouse Shooting
Hamcat
Meows: 120
Snarking Since:
September 12, 2015

Hear My Heart, Yall meowed

I think it's interesting that we've become so accustomed to voyeurism via social media that we can say things like "he can do what he wants in the privacy of his own home".  Just like bloggers (Tikaa, for instance) thinking it's okay to post herself putting on her makeup or bra-less in bed in a white nightgown.  Our walls, the former bastions of our privacy, have become transparent.  We know Dickhead sat and read with his stepchildren with no shirt on not because we are family members in the household.  Not because we are Emily.  Not because we are literal flies on the wall.  We know, because she chose to pick up her phone and broadcast it.  And we've become so accustomed to it that we can defend what a person wants to do "in the privacy of their own home".  It's interesting to me that privacy has been redefined, and that we as consumers of social media do not recognize the difference between private and public anymore.

This is not snark on anyone who defended the Fox family, just an observation about where we've come so quickly.  

Nailed it. sha_clap2

November 14, 2017
2:04 pm
warriorofmooching
Hamcat
Meows: 110
Snarking Since:
July 18, 2014

^ I mean, that's a very Foucault perspective to take, and while true, doesn't permit strangers to dictate what someone does in their own house, I think. But agree to disagree! GunBun is creepy shirt on, shirt off. 

November 14, 2017
2:13 pm
Hear My Heart, Yall
Count de Meowmy
Snarking Since:
January 2, 2017

warriorofmooching meowed
^ I mean, that's a very Foucault perspective to take, and while true, doesn't permit strangers to dictate what someone does in their own house, I think. But agree to disagree! GunBun is creepy shirt on, shirt off. 

I don't understand what you are saying  – I wasn't saying that it should dictate what others should do in their own house.  I just think it's interesting that we KNOW now what someone does in what was once considered the privacy of one's home.  That we've gone from social media "broadcast" being a broadcast, and now gone to the feeling of truly just passersby peeking happenstance in someone's window.  My point was that we have stopped making that delineation somehow – we've been conditioned to feel as though we "just happened by" instead of thinking about the fact that someone actually picked up a phone, recorded and broadcast.

And I don't know who Foucault is; as a nursing student I only took as much philosophy as required to pass my pre-reqs and not be a shithead nurse one day. 🙂  And since I have no plans to be a psych nurse, I'll probably never know!!

November 14, 2017
2:23 pm
so materialistic and unnecessary
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 409
Snarking Since:
June 8, 2015

I disagree, we e gone to a place where there is commercial value in exploiting what’s private. Most of the Internet is filled with corn, case in point. And on a lower tier id social media, which people can use to live a virtual life and exploit it for money if they wish, just like Emily is trying to.

But this is not reality, it is framed and selective. Therefore I challenge that it’s legitimately a private space we’re being shown. Were being shown a manipulated view. In this case showing Richard topless is just a poor choice on Emily’s behalf, but her only concern was to show what a loving attentive father he is, which is not true as we all know. In the image the Litttlest can’t see the pictures which would help them make sense, we is not looking around to see if they comprehend or engage, and the kids are so bored they’re giggling st him. They are two dimwits.

November 14, 2017
3:03 pm
The Wind in My Cornrows
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 479
Snarking Since:
February 6, 2013

I didn't see the shirtless IG (thank everything), but I find it interesting that they broadcasted (ha) the fact that he doesn't wear garments.

November 14, 2017
3:30 pm
nota fan girl
Cat
Meows: 28
Snarking Since:
March 10, 2017

The Wind in My Cornrows meowed

I didn't see the shirtless IG (thank everything), but I find it interesting that they broadcasted (ha) the fact that he doesn't wear garments.

I thought the same thing about the garments. And I said a few pages back, these guys don't do anything to demonstrate their religion means anything to them. I'm a grown woman and I can't think of anyone I'd want to just hang out with, man or woman, without a shirt on unless I'm swimming. Otherwise, it's kind of like the sweatpants thing. Gunbun cant be bothered with real pants or a shirt. He's just too casual all the time for me. And really, I guess some people are cool with people being topless around them, but I don't feel like the adults in this situation are being very sensitive to those little children. I also agree with the comments above about how strange it is that on the one hand people can do whatever they want in the privacy of their own home….but then FF goes ahead and makes it not so private anyway.

November 14, 2017
3:50 pm
Hear My Heart, Yall
Count de Meowmy
Snarking Since:
January 2, 2017

I think we are saying the same thing, but for some reason I am not making myself clear, when I have often prided myself on being articulate.

I think WE, the consumer, have become deconditioned to the fact that things are broadcast, or shown with intent, and have started to feel as though we just happened to have been walking by and peeked in someone's window, and maybe HAPPENED to see that R is shirtless.

The truth is it is NOT private, because someone made the conscious choice to pick up a phone, record it, and submit it to be seen.  So whereas everyone has the RIGHT to do what they want in their home (no one has said they haven't the right!), it's weird that this is what is being shown.  And it's okay, thereby, to comment on it.

I always say that everything an author writes in their book is important & every line in a movie is important to a story.  If it weren't, it would be edited out.  Emily is recording this moment because she feels like it is important to her story.  She has taken a private moment and made it public, and it is "forgiven" because if R wants to be shirtless in his home he should be able to.  Emily is trying to say something by filming and showing this, and the line of her story isn't being read the way she wants it to be.  

November 14, 2017
4:34 pm
the_recluse
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 410
Snarking Since:
February 9, 2016

Hear my heart— you said it a lot more eloquently than I could.
sha_clap2

I know it’s a little different, but it’s kinda like bath time baby photos— yes, they’re cute and innocent and probably most parents have them, but once they’re published on the internet.. not so much a private family ~*moment*~ anymore.

IDGAF what you do or don’t wear at home but there is no reason to post anything and everything on the gram. Emily only posted that to make gunbun seem more likable or relatable when he is neither.

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.