:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

Ramshackle Glam / Jordan Reid
November 13, 2016
3:30 pm
that alien
Feles Imperatrix
Meows: 15847
Snarking Since:
March 4, 2013

derpends meowed

#basic meowed

I'm confused about her pop-up shop sessions at the tree farm.  A pop-up shop generally means you're selling stuff, but it sounds like she wants to take peoples' photos for Christmas cards.  If it's photography sessions, is Jordan taking the photos?  She doesn't take her own blog photos most of the time, so that seems strange if Jordan is the photographer.  Or is this a collaboration with her usual blog photographer?  If it is, shouldn't her name get some billing her?  The whole thing is confusing.  Hope she had permission from the tree farm to use their venue as a professional (outdoor) photography studio.  

She is taking the photos and her friend Elise is styling the shoot. That Christmas tree farm has a ton of photographers doing the same thing every weekend before peek season. They ask permission and it's NBD.

What's laughable is she is marketing is as get your photo taken by me! Of ramshackle glam! Like THAT is going to make people flock in by the droves.

More likely than not she is shooting her friends, her friends Of friends, and some other poor family that walked by.

I don't even know what "styling the shoot" means.  Maybe it means piling Glam Camp crap all around the subjects?  Is Jordan a good enough photographer to take semi-professional photos and charge for them?  If she is, why does she pay Sue H. to take her blog photos?  

November 14, 2016
2:33 pm
KAS

This weekend was rough. I'm aware that the general consensus is "we took a few days off to be upset; now it's time to toughen up and get moving," and I agree with that sentiment for the most part (at least the "toughen up and get moving" part)

rolleyes

November 14, 2016
6:14 pm
JuliasTooSmallTutu
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 557
Snarking Since:
June 6, 2011

I'm so sure her son asked to hear a new song. Children don't ask for new songs, they demand to have their faves played ad nauseum. When they get to the age that they want to hear new songs, they sure as hell aren't asking their parents to pick them. She knows one Leonard Cohen song, and just wanted us all to know that.

Your son's recital is only for close friends and family. Stop it.

November 14, 2016
6:30 pm
that alien
Feles Imperatrix
Snarking Since:
March 4, 2013

JuliasTooSmallTutu meowed
I'm so sure her son asked to hear a new song. Children don't ask for new songs, they demand to have their faves played ad nauseum. When they get to the age that they want to hear new songs, they sure as hell aren't asking their parents to pick them. She knows one Leonard Cohen song, and just wanted us all to know that.

Your son's recital is only for close friends and family. Stop it.

That Leonard Cohen song was played by Kate McKinnon as HRC on SNL the other night, that's probably why she brought it up.  

Is that normal for a kid to have accompaniment at a recital?  You can hardly hear what he was playing because of his dad playing the chords along with it.  I know he's little and maybe he wouldn't have played without his dad next to him, but it really bugs me when adults have to embellish their kids' stuff.  His song would have been nice all by itself.  JMO/shrug.

November 15, 2016
5:56 am
that alien
Feles Imperatrix
Snarking Since:
March 4, 2013

She tells a story (Instagram) about an afternoon with her son when she forgot her phone and how great it was to be unplugged (but she probably would never do it on purpose lol).  It was accompanied by a photo of her on the beach with the kids (props) (Capitola trip).  A commenter writes:

"So who took the photo? And with what?"

The photo had nothing to do with her afternoon without her phone.  They were taken in different weeks lol.  WHY is she posting a beach photo with that story?  

November 15, 2016
7:22 pm
JuliasTooSmallTutu
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 557
Snarking Since:
June 6, 2011

Funny that she mentioned her Non Sociey blogging days since she now does endless photo shoots that never seem to end up anywhere….just like Julia Allison.

And look who spit out a few names from her early blogging names that sound like they might belong to women of color….hi Jordan!

November 16, 2016
8:03 am

The milk post. Come on. If you can't figure out a way to integrate a sponsor to sound even a little genuine, maybe look for a different shill.

November 16, 2016
8:07 am
that alien
Feles Imperatrix
Snarking Since:
March 4, 2013

blame it on the bray meowed
The milk post. Come on. If you can't figure out a way to integrate a sponsor to sound even a little genuine, maybe look for a different shill.

That was so stiff and stupid.  Favorite line was:

"With two kids in the house, there is a lot of milk that gets consumed on a daily basis. And in our house, it’s even more than you’d expect, because my five-year-old and my two-year-old aren’t the only ones interested in the stuff. (Just to be clear, they're primarily interested in when it's located next to cookies or on top of fluorescent cereal puffs, in case you were under the impression that I was raising Health Angels. I'm not.)"

Really, we had no idea lol.  She uses junk food like a pacifier for those kids.  And who believes Jordan drinks a cold glass of milk all the time?  She reaches for the junk food most of the time too.

November 16, 2016
10:23 am
tunacube
Hamcat
Meows: 133
Snarking Since:
June 22, 2015

Jesus, her last couple of posts are like, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  At least when she's obnoxious, it's amusing.  But blurry, amteurish photos of your overalls?  A "candid" self-timer photo in your oh-these-are-just-my-regular-PJs-not-specially-worn-for-this-occasion and a post about milk?  MILK.  This is like early blogger directionless brand-ambiguous posting.  I know we're all hurting after the election but Jesus, what's with this snoozefest?

November 16, 2016
10:47 am
alice
Meows: 12384
Snarking Since:
September 3, 2008

#basic meowed 
And who believes Jordan drinks a cold glass of milk all the time?  She reaches for the junk food most of the time too.

She seems to exist on a diet of booze and UV rays, so no, not believing for a second that Jodi's capping her long 'working mom' days with an ice cold glass of cow juice.

November 17, 2016
1:02 am
Vivi
Hamcat
Meows: 79
Snarking Since:
November 27, 2013

tunacube meowed
Jesus, her last couple of posts are like, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  At least when she's obnoxious, it's amusing.  But blurry, amteurish photos of your overalls?  A "candid" self-timer photo in your oh-these-are-just-my-regular-PJs-not-specially-worn-for-this-occasion and a post about milk?  MILK.  This is like early blogger directionless brand-ambiguous posting.  I know we're all hurting after the election but Jesus, what's with this snoozefest?

Yup. Boring AF. She is so clearly bored and has nothing going on. Guess her pilot didn't get picked up, big surprise. I don't even think she has the nanny anymore. IMO, the little work she used to get has dried up and she is now nothing more than a SAHM in the suburbs. And the kids are just so heavily featured now, it's such a huge turn off. She completely exploits them for content across all her social media channels and you know that $ is not going into their college funds.

And for what? Still doesn't add up to interesting content. No 1 curr about your son's piano recital. Try harder. 

Her thread here has really dried up, reflective of the snoozefest she has become. Speaking of her thread, wonder whatever happened to Covered in Dog Hair? She always used to post actively here.

November 17, 2016
6:35 am
that alien
Feles Imperatrix
Snarking Since:
March 4, 2013

Vivi meowed

tunacube meowed

Yup. Boring AF. She is so clearly bored and has nothing going on. Guess her pilot didn't get picked up, big surprise. I don't even think she has the nanny anymore. IMO, the little work she used to get has dried up and she is now nothing more than a SAHM in the suburbs. And the kids are just so heavily featured now, it's such a huge turn off. She completely exploits them for content across all her social media channels and you know that $ is not going into their college funds.

And for what? Still doesn't add up to interesting content. No 1 curr about your son's piano recital. Try harder. 

Her thread here has really dried up, reflective of the snoozefest she has become. Speaking of her thread, wonder whatever happened to Covered in Dog Hair? She always used to post actively here.

I hate how hard she uses the kids for her "job", and you're right it's still totally boring.  CIDH disappeared from Messi's thread too.  

November 18, 2016
7:06 am
that alien
Feles Imperatrix
Snarking Since:
March 4, 2013

That Shopstyle/Macys post is a load of crap.  She wore that to a meeting?  She wore that anywhere?  She happened to call Sue H her photographer over to take photos before she went to a meeting in that get-up?  I don't think she could have chosen an outfit that was less her and I'm sure it is already in the donation bag.  It's the FairLife milk of clothing.  Jordan doesn't wear it/drink it.  

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.