:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

dooce / dooce.com / lowercase only because it's a brand ok
January 13, 2017
9:59 pm
Sweetie Darling: Star-Crossed Pizza-Loving Gunslinger
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 348
Snarking Since:
June 4, 2013

Knowing her bathroom issues as well as we do because she blogged all about them, maybe she just needed to poop.

January 14, 2017
9:10 am

Imagine being so broken that you have to say things like "I finally brought their fevers down" instead of the much more normal "Their fevers finally came down."

Her podcast is full of phrasing that makes it seem like Heather is the hero of her family and it all sounds so bizarre and sad. Like when she talked about Leta's birth issues she gets really emphatic and says "it got better. [pause] BECAUSE OF PHYSICAL THERAPY I WOULD DO WITH HER EVERY DAY."

I mean, just imagine having such a low sense of yourself that this is the way you have to talk.

Her podcast is so creepy. Heather talks 99% of the time, that other dude genuinely seems like he is just there to interview her. I've heard episodes of Fresh Air where Terry Gross talks more than the guy co-hosting MDS.

January 14, 2017
9:22 am
snark a day keeps the dr away
Kitten
Meows: 9
Snarking Since:
May 5, 2016

Her skin – especially her face – has aged poorly. Having very little body fat can make you look so much older than you are. eek

January 14, 2017
9:24 am

ringo meowed
I listened to her podcast.  I don't understand her money situation.   Is she super broke or super rich?  She goes back and forth.  She wants everyone to know she made 10s of thousands each and every month for yearzz — but at the same time she wants your pity, because she is single women who can't afford a sitter or an insurance rate hike?  "I literally can't afford it."  Literally?   Can that be?   How do you make and then lose/spend so much money in the span of less than a decade?  Is it rags to riches?  Rags to riches to rags?   Confused!

This is all just conjecture on my part, but Heather and Jon bought a huge, HUGE house pretty just a year or two before their divorce. I always got the impression it was beyond their incomes, Heather mentioned little things here and there in her posts… they had to work out some sort of sponsorship agreement with a company to get the roof redone… it was just during the bubble when everyone was underwater on their mortgages… I recall thinking at the time, this is going to be a train wreck, and I didn't even consider the possibility they'd ever get divorced. (I never really believed Heather made as much money as everyone thought she did.)

I think they got completely hosed trying to re-sell after the divorce, I am betting that Jon was able to make a pretty strong case for whatever settlement he got, given that Heather's behavior before and during the divorce…. etc, etc, etc.

But here's the thing – I have no idea how much she makes or if/how much Jon pays in child support, but I'm sure it's enough to afford a sitter. I mean, she does those super expensive juice fasts and shit. That's like five sitters worth of money.

I do feel her on losing Obamacare, though. If it goes back to the way it was before she could be looking at paying $1,500-$3,000 a month for the most basic (read: basically catastrophic care you can never use) policy for her and her girls. If she gets qualified at all, given her depression and Leta's "pre-existing condition." it's really scary, I feel her there.

January 17, 2017
9:36 pm
Brenda
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 393
Snarking Since:
January 28, 2013

Dooce, great white savior, in fact the only white person in America who GETS what it's like to be black, isn't going to the march in DC because something something.

January 18, 2017
9:49 am
Korren
Hamcat
Meows: 119
Snarking Since:
May 26, 2013

Her latest IG eek So it's Jon's fault Marlo is sick? Munchausen by Proxy much?

January 18, 2017
10:08 am
BeginningsChang
Hamcat
Meows: 155
Snarking Since:
October 16, 2012

A reaction to antibiotic gave her the flu? 

January 18, 2017
10:52 am
Sweetie Darling: Star-Crossed Pizza-Loving Gunslinger
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 348
Snarking Since:
June 4, 2013

Because I happen to be binge-listening to TTCA podcast (still bored at work) and I just hit Christmas 2014 last week…ummmm, maybe don't give your kid an antibiotic for an ear infection after she had an allergic reaction 2 years ago. I don't know what the other options would be, aside from ear drops, Jon-no-H Armstrong talked about Marlo having a horrendous reaction to the antibiotic while in New York two years ago. Poor kiddo.

Amoxicillin still causes an allergic reaction in me, and we learned last year that we can count Bactrim in there too – I was miserable, and I'm freakin' adult. For some reason I think it would be even worse for a kid. Also, I would have shot anyone who posted a picture of me online when I was sick.

#sowrong #sodooce

January 18, 2017
2:18 pm
allegedly
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 846
Snarking Since:
November 22, 2011

Wow, I thought she had stopped exploiting her kids. rofl

January 18, 2017
7:57 pm
One Foul Swoop
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 497
Snarking Since:
March 13, 2013

No the ear infection was from the flu and then the antibiotic for the ear infection gave Marlo the reaction.

Still, it looks like Marlo is making the gesture for 'no photos, I feel gross'. Not cool to share it with 500, 000 strangers.

January 19, 2017
9:03 am
sequential shift refresh
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 432
Snarking Since:
September 6, 2012

Tiny Shitlovers meowed 

Still, it looks like Marlo is making the gesture for 'no photos, I feel gross'. Not cool to share it with 500, 000 strangers.

Can you imagine what would happen if Jon or Liz posted the exact same photo? 

January 19, 2017
12:21 pm
Notarize!
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 878
Snarking Since:
June 4, 2012

sequential shift refresh meowed

Tiny Shitlovers meowed 

Can you imagine what would happen if Jon or Liz posted the exact same photo? 

EXACTLY!  Heather is such a hypocritical narcissist.  Or would that be narcissistic hypocrite?  Ugh, either way, she's the worst.  F**k any parents who post pictures of their kids sick, naked, throwing a tantrum, etc.    

January 19, 2017
2:24 pm
gocougErz
Hamcat
Meows: 86
Snarking Since:
October 21, 2013

I'm catching up on podcasts.  The boundaries episode was shocking.  The expectations she put on her boyfriend to be a father figure to her girls is gross.  She just ends up sounding horribly jealous her ex-husband found someone ( albeit thousands of miles away ) that loves the girls.  

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.