:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

C. Jane and NieNie
January 16, 2017
12:52 pm
Poison Envy Itch
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1144
Snarking Since:
January 20, 2015

MLK quote + beautiful landscape photograph = best MieMie blog post ever.

January 16, 2017
12:57 pm
Garbo's unironed underwear
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2330
Snarking Since:
August 24, 2015

CJoAnneW12 meowed

From her blog today: "How can these boys value women if you don't show them?"

UHHHH, how about their parents teach them? I can't stand this mentality. I do not understand these types of excuses for rape culture. If you don't teach boys to respect you, no one will? Will Nie expect her son's girlfriends to teach them respect or will she teach them herself?! It's very, "boys can't help themselves from disrespecting you if you don't wear modest clothes!" It's really frustrating. And what if one of her daughters dates a man who doesn't value her body or treat her with respect (or heaven forbid, what if they are sexually assaulted) what is Nie saying here? That it will be their fault because the girls didn't teach them how to treat them?! How is that their job?newhere

bandwagon nobody has to prove their worth and value as a human being but women are always being tested and always having to prove their worth and value by how men perceive them as. It's like guilty unless proven innocent. No woman deserves to be treated like shit until they prove how worthy they are puke

January 16, 2017
1:03 pm
Garbo's unironed underwear
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2330
Snarking Since:
August 24, 2015

moxi meowed

I took ballet for years as a kid. One day as my mom and I were leaving the dance school, I realized I had left my backpack behind. My mom went on outside to get the car and bring it curbside while I went to retrieve my stuff. As I came out, still dressed in my leotard and tights, a woman going into a business next door looked at me and said,"Keep dressing like that and you are going to get yourself raped, girlie."

My eight year old self got in the car and asked my mom what rape was. You can imagine my mom's reaction when I told her what the woman said!  

I do not think that Nie would ever say anything like this to a young girl. But I do believe she probably thinks this when she sees girls not dressed to her standard.

hammer

facepalmdead no no no. That is disgusting to say to anyone let alone a child. I've never heard anyone say that to a topless 8 year old boy so why say that to a ballet student?

January 16, 2017
4:55 pm
moxi
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 937
Snarking Since:
June 2, 2014

^^^  That woman was of the mindset that even as a little 8 year old, me in my tights and leotard could tease a man so much that he might rape me..and it would be my fault for wearing "sexy clothes".  

Horrible? Absolutely. But the really horrible thing is that many, many people think like this. 

January 16, 2017
7:21 pm
parrotmom99
Cat
Meows: 11
Snarking Since:
November 23, 2016

Nie's "I still have a dream" post struck me as being more about her than MLK – "I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment (BURNS), I still have a dream (BEAUTY RISES)." I've guess I've been reading her blog long enough to doubt any sincere reflection or insight on her part. Am I off, here?

January 16, 2017
7:30 pm
Top Hat Fancy
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 853
Snarking Since:
September 17, 2013

parrotmom99 meowed

Nie's "I still have a dream" post struck me as being more about her than MLK – "I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment (BURNS), I still have a dream (BEAUTY RISES)." I've guess I've been reading her blog long enough to doubt any sincere reflection or insight on her part. Am I off, here?

I hadn't thought about it that way and you're probably right

January 16, 2017
7:57 pm
Meowzaaaa
Cat
Meows: 39
Snarking Since:
August 18, 2015

Latest insta:

Photo of Lottie looking dreamily out the window, into the snow.

• "I'm wishing
    For the one I love
    To find me 
    Today
    I'm hoping 
    And I'm dreaming of 
    The nice things 
    He'll say"
    (This photo reminded me of Snow White)

Sure, it's a cute photo – snow white and all ?? – but come on. Like a 4 year old isn't staring out at the snow and thinking about ANYTHING OTHER than the man she'll marry in 15 years?!??! A four year old is thinking about sledding, snowballs, boot and hats, snow cream … anything except the Prince Charming who will come rescue her!

Seriously, Nie, give the girl a chance to be a little girl.

January 17, 2017
9:53 am
Top Hat Fancy
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 853
Snarking Since:
September 17, 2013

And her blog post today is "sleeping beauty". GMAFB. a 4 year old doesn't ask such questions. I think Nie pushes her story onto her 4 year old because she has no one else to talk to because she is so damned sheltered..

There is NO WAY IN HELL a 4 year old "gets" this. I don't care how smart you think your kid is. It is shitty and selfish to force that onto a kid. I don't believe that kid asked anything. 

January 17, 2017
11:57 am
aqua_love
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 238
Snarking Since:
November 12, 2014

Nie told Lottie that, someday, Lottie will be somebody's Sleeping Beauty. Um, I think her kid now thinks she will fall into a deep sleep and be awakened by her prince and live happily ever after.

January 17, 2017
2:31 pm
moxi
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 937
Snarking Since:
June 2, 2014

Nie has no empathy for her children and how to meet their needs when it comes to talking about the crash. We have seen this with how she dealt with Jane.  And now she is making comparisons with herself and Sleeping Beauty? 

Lottie heading off to school in the Fall will be the best thing ever for that kid!

Anyone notice lately how Nie never mentions Nicholas? (but since she reads here, I am sure a "Gigs" post will be coming our way!)

January 17, 2017
2:31 pm
Poison Envy Itch
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1144
Snarking Since:
January 20, 2015

aqua_love meowed
Nie told Lottie that, someday, Lottie will be somebody's Sleeping Beauty. Um, I think her kid now thinks she will fall into a deep sleep and be awakened by her prince and live happily ever after.

Living with MieMie at Faux Hill is like being in a deep sleep. I hope that at least some of the kids have the chance to wake up, and with no Prince Charming involved. 

January 17, 2017
4:02 pm
sueh21
Hamcat
Meows: 122
Snarking Since:
February 5, 2016

Looks like no freebie ski passes again this year at Fox Hill or is it not Hygge to venture out down the deathway to go skiing?

January 17, 2017
8:35 pm
kermit hotdog
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 600
Snarking Since:
April 4, 2013

It's kind of sad. The time that she got the most positive attention in her life was through getting married and having babies. Now that both of those life phases are gone, all she can do is project and daydream about living vicariously through her daughters' future romance and childrearing plans. Even a four year old. 

But I suppose the only other attention she gets nowadays is about her burns, so it's easier to live in a fantasy world. Girl needs a hobby or a part-time job. 

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.