:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

ARCHIVED: CecilyK
May 7, 2013
8:38 pm

The fact that she did not book a hotel ahead of time while traveling with a small child just blows my mind. If you're childless and want to be a lazy asshole, go for it.  But when you have a child, one would think that you want to know ahead of time that you have a safe and clean place for your child to sleep.  What an asswipe.

Someone commented on her FB post with a list of the bed-bug hotel registry and I LOL'd.  She would probably welcome a bed bug infestation if she could get the bed bug pesticide to sponsor a trip for her.

May 7, 2013
8:53 pm
hot wings
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1739
Snarking Since:
February 17, 2012

winothepooh said ETA: Leaving Philly so as to arrive in DC by 10?  That would require…getting up early.  And packing.  Hahahahaha.  Ha. finger

I know, I know–of course that was never going to happen. They'd rather sit and stew in standstill traffic and complain about it on Twitter than leave at 6 a.m. and be closer to normal.

As for the hotel thing, are they going to use their debit card again and not be able to eat anything until they arrive at Disney?

May 7, 2013
8:54 pm
ratherbeinmelbourne

My husband and I put more thought into our 2010 road trip where we moved from California to New York with an English Bulldog & cat in tow. Four days, route planned out,  Hampton Inns that accepted pets (pet policy confirmed by phone) booked ahead of time.  We had so much fun on that trip, even in a Subaru Forester with 200,000 miles and packed to the gills, not to mention the extra pet logistics. But for Cecily, plans and expectations are for assholes.

May 7, 2013
9:04 pm
RESPECT the Stay at Home Purse Mom
Royal Meowjesty
Meows: 13848
Snarking Since:
April 11, 2012

Sandy Snatch said

winothepooh said ETA: Leaving Philly so as to arrive in DC by 10?  That would require…getting up early.  And packing.  Hahahahaha.  Ha. finger

I know, I know–of course that was never going to happen. They'd rather sit and stew in standstill traffic and complain about it on Twitter than leave at 6 a.m. and be closer to normal.

As for the hotel thing, are they going to use their debit card again and not be able to eat anything until they arrive at Disney?

She'll be begging before they leave Orlando!  Spent all our money on things T had to have!  Need gas, hotel rooms and food.  Don't forget the red bull!

May 7, 2013
9:18 pm

Alice Roosevelt said

Yes. And that is what makes it sad. There is literally no part of her life that's running smoothly. I wish this cabal of mommybloggers actually did useful things for one another, such as finding a life coach who could work for barter or something.

Cecily needs people who can help her work through whatever she needs to work through so she can stop making life so damned hard on herself and her child.

She needs to go back to AA, get a sponsor and work a program. It's pretty f**king simple but it's not easy and requires work — so of course she is just going to one meeting a month and calling herself "sober."

As for the video linked, I saw her talking loudly while the host was addressing his guests. F**king selfish and rude.

May 7, 2013
9:32 pm
vintage people & fair aisle sweaters
Kitten
Meows: -1
Snarking Since:
June 24, 2012

ratherbeinmelbourne said
My husband and I put more thought into our 2010 road trip where we moved from California to New York with an English Bulldog & cat in tow. Four days, route planned out,  Hampton Inns that accepted pets (pet policy confirmed by phone) booked ahead of time.  We had so much fun on that trip, even in a Subaru Forester with 200,000 miles and packed to the gills, not to mention the extra pet logistics. But for Cecily, plans and expectations are for assholes.

Sounds like you went to a school that instilled tardy shame and stifled your creativity.

May 7, 2013
9:46 pm
RESPECT the Stay at Home Purse Mom
Royal Meowjesty
Meows: 13848
Snarking Since:
April 11, 2012

ratherbeinmelbourne said

Hell, I put more thought into a trip to Walmart. SSSF, 30 miles to nearest Walmart, McDonalds.  But we have a Subway and a Sonic!

May 7, 2013
10:12 pm
Slag Heap of Tra La La
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 402
Snarking Since:
February 1, 2012

Dslo said
The fact that she did not book a hotel ahead of time while traveling with a small child just blows my mind. If you're childless and want to be a lazy asshole, go for it.  But when you have a child, one would think that you want to know ahead of time that you have a safe and clean place for your child to sleep.  What an asswipe.

Someone commented on her FB post with a list of the bed-bug hotel registry and I LOL'd.  She would probably welcome a bed bug infestation if she could get the bed bug pesticide to sponsor a trip for her.

Why would they worry about a clean and safe place for their child to sleep when on a trip?  They sure don't worry about it in their own home!

And slovenly people like the O'Hats are the kind of people who bring bedbugs into hotels.  The hotel ought to do a reverse Yelp review:

"If we could give this family zero stars we would.  They were loud, obnoxious, dirty and demanding.  They blew up our wifi and turned the pillowcases pink.  Their kid disturbed other guests by running down the hallway at all hours of the night and they decimated our breakfast bar in the morning.  They then stole our towels and left a poem inside the tip envelope for the maid instead of money.  Avoid at all costs!!!"

May 7, 2013
10:18 pm
hot wings
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1739
Snarking Since:
February 17, 2012

mattiepie said
And slovenly people like the O'Hats are the kind of people who bring bedbugs into hotels.  The hotel ought to do a reverse Yelp review:

"If we could give this family zero stars we would.  They were loud, obnoxious, dirty and demanding.  They blew up our wifi and turned the pillowcases pink.  Their kid disturbed other guests by running down the hallway at all hours of the night and they decimated our breakfast bar in the morning.  They then stole our towels and left a poem inside the tip envelope for the maid instead of money.  Avoid at all costs!!!"

lol NAILED IT

May 7, 2013
10:20 pm
Slag Heap of Tra La La
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 402
Snarking Since:
February 1, 2012

And another thing – don't you all have this mental picture of what they look like traveling?  In my mind's eye I can see the perfect blend of the Clampett's, the Grapes of Wrath, and something out of Tobacco Road.

May 7, 2013
10:23 pm

clapclaphigh-fivehigh-five

Why would they worry about a clean and safe place for their child to sleep when on a trip?  They sure don't worry about it in their own home!

May 7, 2013
10:27 pm

I bet they strap her mom to the top of the car in a rocking chair and the only thing in a seatbelt in the car is her huge Divacup suitcase.

May 7, 2013
10:45 pm

I think the reason somebody posted that video was because Cecily appears to be holding what MIGHT be a stemless wineglass. It's very hard to tell what's in the glass though, and could definitely be water.

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.