:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

Hanging with the Hewitts
February 17, 2017
10:23 am
BoredMommy
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 221
Snarking Since:
February 17, 2017

I'm sorry.  I can't with this woman.  Taylor's bathroom isn't complete because she hasn't found a shower curtain or rug she likes?  What the hell happened to just going to Target or Homegoods and buying something that's there.  I mean, it's a damn shower curtain.  She kills me.  Does she literally have no style that she has to hire an interior designer to help her pick out her little girl's SHOWER CURTAIN?!  For the love.  

Also, all that mixed metal is giving me anxiety.  Why are the sconces gold and her fixtures silver?  This girl literally has NO taste and is moving into a cookie cutter home in DI with the rest of the newly rich peeps in Charleston.  

I digress… 

February 17, 2017
10:58 am
Pepperoni Nipples
Hamcat
Meows: 95
Snarking Since:
April 14, 2016

She claims the shelves are for shoes but there's no way her heels will fit. idontknow And I don't care that Todd has to hang his clothes in a closet with a chandelier (our master closet has one, as well) but WHY is the damn thing basically on top of the rods? Is the closet that narrow? How do I post photos here? Bc I just snapped one of my own closet, which is similar, and our chandelier is clearly centered.

February 17, 2017
11:13 am
mayor governor and queen
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 365
Snarking Since:
January 10, 2015

Maybe she has TWO chandeliers lol? I would think those narrow shelves are for shoe/boot boxes? Like the clear plastic ones. It's what I use. But I stack mine, they don't each have an individual shelf. rolleyes

February 17, 2017
11:29 am
rstyled shit show
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 695
Snarking Since:
April 27, 2015

She linked GOLD RODS, because some of you asked.bs

And poor Taylor won't even be able to stand at her own sink and see in the mirror until she's about 10 without a step stool. Great planning Craycee. All because you could link a pink mirror.clap

February 17, 2017
11:29 am
Creamy Sip
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 653
Snarking Since:
September 11, 2014

Everything she has added to this house so far looks SO CHEAP. Your fixtures aren't "gold" Casey (not that they should be… she isn't the queen of versailles, although her taste is just as bad…), they aren't even brass, they are cheap gold-PAINTED. I am fine with mixed metals, but metals… not cheaply painted over garbage.  I love a little bit of Target and Homegoods here and there, but when you blow money on "custom" this and that and then entirely decorate your house from big box stores? The whole look is try-hard cheap.

February 17, 2017
11:56 am
#soveryblessed
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 665
Snarking Since:
February 12, 2016

The sandals she posted on IG are cracking me up. Didn't think they made flip flops with back straps for anyone but toddlers.

February 17, 2017
12:12 pm
jorts
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1922
Snarking Since:
April 30, 2015

Those shelves are supposed to be for men's shoes.  Anyone who designs a woman's closet chooses adjustable shelves for shoes – since we need bigger shelves for heels and boots vs. flats or sneakers.  

February 17, 2017
12:15 pm
amazing husband gorgeous house
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 919
Snarking Since:
August 20, 2014

Wonder how long it will take her to pick the step stool she will need to reach the upper rods and the shelving.

February 17, 2017
12:23 pm
investment piece
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 222
Snarking Since:
April 10, 2015

She was so desperate for that Daniel Island zip code that they probably completely maxed out their budget paying for the land and the house. If she truly had the kind of money she's trying to act like she does, all of these finishes would have been accounted for in the budget for the house, she would have gone to showrooms to select everything and they all would have been installed during construction. Instead, they have this house in a nice neighborhood ( not my cup of tea, but it's nice ) that probably looks pretty nice from the outside but it filled with every cheap,trendy piece of furniture/finish/accessory this girl could could find with an RStyle link. I'm sure spending time online looking for all this tacky stuff takes hours so maybe that's why it took so long to move.

February 17, 2017
12:53 pm
Thanks A Latte
Hamcat
Meows: 74
Snarking Since:
February 8, 2016

Ok Charleston Hams, my husband and I visited Charleston/MP last summer because he is planning to find a new job a year in the next year. We want to move down South and absolutely love Charleston. But these Charleston bloggers, including Caycee just skew my perspective a little and taint it for me…. is everyone really like this? I'm in my early 30's, and as much as I love the area, I wonder if it's all materialism, competition, show-offs and keeping up with the other Jones aka other bloggers?

February 17, 2017
1:17 pm
Sweet Southern Schiller
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 401
Snarking Since:
March 21, 2014

Thanks A Latte meowed

Ok Charleston Hams, my husband and I visited Charleston/MP last summer because he is planning to find a new job a year in the next year. We want to move down South and absolutely love Charleston. But these Charleston bloggers, including Caycee just skew my perspective a little and taint it for me…. is everyone really like this? I'm in my early 30's, and as much as I love the area, I wonder if it's all materialism, competition, show-offs and keeping up with the other Jones aka other bloggers?

Charleston is an amazing city; don't let these twits spoil it for you. None of these CHS bloggers are natives, just transplants and their actions reflect that immensely. Yes, there's a lot of money in Charleston and thus consumerism, but that's not what makes it great. True Charlestonisns are so philanthropic, cultured, interesting, etc. there's an amazing social scene, museums galore, of course all the great things that come along with access to water and so much more. These women DO NOT represent Charleston at all. Also, real women of Charleston have such a fun, unique sense of style that these women certainly do not. In short, this place is amazing. They don't represent it.

February 17, 2017
1:17 pm
#soveryblessed
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 665
Snarking Since:
February 12, 2016

Thanks A Latte meowed

NO.  

February 17, 2017
1:26 pm
investment piece
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 222
Snarking Since:
April 10, 2015

Thanks A Latte meowed

Absolutely not! As with any city, there are definitely a fair amount of assholes ( especially now that the city has gotten more popular ) but Charleston is amazing. There are so many interesting things to do, places to go and contrary to what these girls depict, the city is filled with really interesting, intelligent people. I've lived here my whole life and one of the main reasons all of these girls get under my skin is because they depict Charleston in the most materialistic, boring light. I promise if you move here you'll love it! 🙂

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.