:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

Garvin and Co. / jlgarvin / Little Baby Garvin
January 17, 2017
1:51 pm
Grateful
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 800
Snarking Since:
October 1, 2012

Didn't she mention at some point that she plans to paint the house white with black shutters, or am I imagining that? 

Her house is fug, and it's not just the ugly orange brick. The roof line kills it. No amount of paint is going to fix that. 

January 17, 2017
3:16 pm
American Expat
Hamcat
Meows: 88
Snarking Since:
July 30, 2015

I think she did mention painting the house white, but I don't remember where. She did admit the house was ugly on the outside, but only that the color was ugly, from what I remember. 

farmhousemug, I agree. What bugs me most about her is that she's a phony. Like when she posted the kitchen tour and added in before pics to show how ugly the kitchen was. What she left out is, that the kitchen was remolded before they bought the house from the investors, so it didn't look like that when she gutted it. If she had posted the real before pics, it wouldn't have been as big of a transformation for the fan girls to ooh and ahh over.

When she moved in, the cabinets were white, that wallpaper was gone, and the walls were gray. The counters and back-splash really weren't that bad either. It didn't need to be gutted imo drool

January 17, 2017
3:31 pm
wastingtime
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 710
Snarking Since:
October 27, 2015

I don't remember that she admitted to the house being ugly or that it's BRICK and not as easy to change as the siding project on the back. She kind of glossed over that detail?!

January 17, 2017
4:17 pm
Grateful
Count de Meowmy
Snarking Since:
October 1, 2012

Not to WK, but she did post a pic of the kitchen the way it looked when they moved in. She also mentioned that they donated the entire kitchen to an organization that gives homes to veterans. 

I do remember her mentioning the ugly brick though. I believe it was in an IG comment, and someone wanted to see a pic of the front of her house. She said something along the lines of it needing some work and not wanting to show it in it's current state. That could have been when she mentioned painting it too. idontknow

January 17, 2017
6:23 pm
baby gladiator leg stranglers
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 613
Snarking Since:
October 23, 2015

Grateful meowed
Not to WK, but she did post a pic of the kitchen the way it looked when they moved in. She also mentioned that they donated the entire kitchen to an organization that gives homes to veterans. 

I do remember her mentioning the ugly brick though. I believe it was in an IG comment, and someone wanted to see a pic of the front of her house. She said something along the lines of it needing some work and not wanting to show it in it's current state. That could have been when she mentioned painting it too. idontknow

am i crazy or did she change that on the blog? i remember when she first posted their before/after, she posted the picture of the kitchen before they bought the house. everyone on here was discussing how shady it was. i just went back to that old post tho, and now it has the newer before pic of the kitchen?

January 17, 2017
9:26 pm
allgrayeverything
Hamcat
Meows: 92
Snarking Since:
June 17, 2016

baby gladiator leg stranglers meowed

Grateful meowed

am i crazy or did she change that on the blog? i remember when she first posted their before/after, she posted the picture of the kitchen before they bought the house. everyone on here was discussing how shady it was. i just went back to that old post tho, and now it has the newer before pic of the kitchen?

She definitely blogged the before pictures of before the house was remodeled by the previous owner originally. I don't remember if she changed it or if it was a separate post, but the before pics of the first time they saw it and not the state it was when they bought it were 100% in the blog.

January 17, 2017
11:45 pm
Grateful
Count de Meowmy
Snarking Since:
October 1, 2012

She did post the before photos of the kitchen before the investors bought the house in her kitchen tour post, which I agree was kind of misleading, though she did say they were from when she very first saw the house, not from after they bought it. She had a separate post, before the kichen reveal post showing the state of the kitchen when they moved in and that's where she said they didn't like the kitchen the way it was, so they donated everything including the new appliances to a place that gives homes to vets. Whether that true or not, I don't know idontknow

January 18, 2017
9:51 am
Deluded Absolutely
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 531
Snarking Since:
May 29, 2013

I really like pattypoundcake's IG too! I love old houses (> 1940). She can try to fix the front of the house by painting it white with black shutters. That can look nice. However, the roof line is the real problem imo and is what turns it into an eyesore 90s mcmansion. That would probably be really expensive to redo and so not worth it to most people but her blog probably makes a lot of money and appearances are everything to her so I wouldn't be surprised if they get a new roof even if it doesn't need oneidontknow

January 18, 2017
11:04 pm
Tragic Torp**o Tits
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 317
Snarking Since:
March 3, 2014

If I'm remembering correctly, she posted pictures of the kitchen in the condition it was in on her blog post (stating it looked nice but wasn't her style and then trying to pass off half the cabinet doors as being busted and not working which I call bs on because it was purchased by investors who put a lot of lipstick on that pig of a house and I just can't see them putting in granite countertops and backsplash and then simply painting non-functional cabinet doors rolleyes). Anyways, on that post she mentioned they donated everything to the wounded warriors project since it was pretty much all in good condition.

It was on her IG feed a couple months later that she posted a pic of thethe ORIGINAL kitchen and she tried to pass it off as a transformation/big reveal. Something along the lines of "we've come a long way, baby" which just seems a little dishonest considering they never owned the house when it looked like that. THAT was probably the kitchen that had non-functioning doors and busted cabinets but they didn't have to fix any of it since the investors updated the kitchen

January 19, 2017
4:37 pm
bambam
Hamcat
Meows: 141
Snarking Since:
April 10, 2014

On her big kitchen reveal post she went and found the old original pictures, but didn't put the kitchen pictures from when they purchased. She had posted glimpses of the purchased/donated kitchen on previous posts, but completely left it off the dramatic reveal post. That way when she pins it on pinterest and other places where people come to her blog for that post (for it's use as "inspiration"), they are completely unaware of the in between state. That is shady as hell. 

January 19, 2017
5:42 pm

BinxThackeryBinx meowed
Check out GareyGirls disco balls, floating poorly put in shelves, anthro bowls, cake stand and subway tile W O W

This woman has offically let every other LBG lover/fangirl/copy off.the.hook! This girl literally crosses canyons to "be like jess". BUT, switching to the other side for a moment, I think everyone needs to realize and remember that jess is ALWAYS copying others and that all her "great content/style" is not her owndroolAlthough she always makes it out to be. 

January 19, 2017
5:52 pm

Mason Jar of Festive Coffee meowed

Bowls of Cigarettes meowed

idontknow Everybody poops too, but that doesn't mean it's something that needs to be talked about on a blog. Maybe I am a little more conservative or private when it comes to stuff like that, but I don't really see the point of sharing that info.

Maybe if she framed it as a critique of a specific BC (like "this was my experience with X, here is why I didn't like it…"), because then it might be somewhat useful to people considering / researching that particular BC? What she wrote wasn't useful at all, just seemed like an awkwardly written overshare that didn't fit in with the rest of her post.

As for checkout embarassment… I guess that's me being a prude again, because I beeline for the self checkout anytime I have to buy something personal (even if it's just tampons or diarrhea medicine). Nobody needs to know my business!

This sha_clap2

Also, I'm conservative. I think it's something you can keep to yourself. I also had issues with birth control, but that's nobodies business. Espicically not 80k strangers. On the internet.

seriously! But all eyes MUST be on JGarvin!!!! and its probably some kind of heads up for the 4th pregnancy announcement others-221 God please help us all!

January 19, 2017
6:59 pm
Grateful
Count de Meowmy
Snarking Since:
October 1, 2012

ireadtoo meowed

I don't believe Claire yells "I want gum" in the store and elsewhere. Didn't she try to pass some catchy phrase that she claimed Eli always shouted out? Or was her gimmick the ketchup? JG needs to GOMI. her kids need her attention and not made up stories.

Garvs went out of her way to prove to you that Claire does indeed say "I want Gum". I can see her standing in front of Claire, phone ready with cookie in her hand saying "ok Claire, say I want gum for mommy".

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.