:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

Love Taza | lovetaza.com
October 12, 2017
1:25 pm
pure caos
Feles Imperatrix
Meows: 15829
Snarking Since:
March 4, 2013

In what world does a navy and green rug look good with candy pink chairs?  It's not the stylist's fault, because Naomi said they already had the rug and loved it and Josh chose the chairs and the chair color and they like these together.  The stylist probably didn't have a chance against Josh Davis Knows Best.  

I really hate the pink chairs.  And they are fully on the rug while the couch is half on the rug.  The chairs need to be moved back to half on/half off because the room looks unbalanced.  Or maybe the chairs need to switch sides with the couch.  I don't know… it doesn't look right.  

I like the mirror over the mantle and I like the coffee table.  The mirror is a good fit with the ornate oak trim in the room.  

The bar cart is dwarfed by the massive photo wall behind it (also they don't drink so why do they have a bar cart).  It's nice, but maybe in the wrong spot.

I hate the 3-globe lamp to the right of the fireplace.  It might look good in a different space, but the trims in this room are so old-fashioned and the lamp is so modern that they don't go together.  The chairs are too modern looking too.  

I really, really hate that green velvet headboard.  

October 12, 2017
1:42 pm
justcurious711
Hamcat
Meows: 116
Snarking Since:
October 7, 2013

The one thing I have always wondered, is with all of their photographs, why is the gallery wall such an odd bunch of photos? While I know gallery walls are meant to be a mix, I don't think I saw ONE family photo? And nothing that seems recent. You people just went to Spain for Christ sake! Get some new photos up! 

I don't totally hate the living room. It does look much more cozy than their last place, but something is off. I think the couch is lovely, as well as the coffee table and mirror on the fire place. I don't think I have as much of a dislike on the pink chairs as other people do, but it is an odd choice. 

To live a sponsored life…..how very very sad. 

October 12, 2017
1:44 pm
alice
Meows: 12381
Snarking Since:
September 3, 2008

Those pink chairs and gallery wall look like they belong in a different home. Like…a home from 2012 during the 'white wall, mismatched frame gallery, pop! of! color!' Jonathan Adler overload days of decor. It looks completely weird next to an ornate mirror and heavy leather sofa and Edwardian wood trim.

But she has totally shit taste in…everything, really. So I'm not that surprised that it looks like Bleubird James and A Beautiful Mess are having a joint garage sale in her living room.

October 12, 2017
1:49 pm
oh get over yourself Melanie
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1064
Snarking Since:
March 28, 2013

justcurious711 meowed
The one thing I have always wondered, is with all of their photographs, why is the gallery wall such an odd bunch of photos? While I know gallery walls are meant to be a mix, I don't think I saw ONE family photo? And nothing that seems recent. You people just went to Spain for Christ sake! Get some new photos up! 

I don't totally hate the living room. It does look much more cozy than their last place, but something is off. I think the couch is lovely, as well as the coffee table and mirror on the fire place. I don't think I have as much of a dislike on the pink chairs as other people do, but it is an odd choice. 

To live a sponsored life…..how very very sad. 

They can't get new pictures in their dumb gallery wall until framebridge sponsors them again OBVIOUSLY

I hadn't looked at the new post and so I went to go see what everyone was talking about and the very first picture made me burst out laughing, it's so terrible

October 12, 2017
1:56 pm
pure caos
Feles Imperatrix
Snarking Since:
March 4, 2013

alice meowed
Those pink chairs and gallery wall look like they belong in a different home. Like…a home from 2012 during the 'white wall, mismatched frame gallery, pop! of! color!' Jonathan Adler overload days of decor. It looks completely weird next to an ornate mirror and heavy leather sofa and Edwardian wood trim.

But she has totally shit taste in…everything, really. So I'm not that surprised that it looks like Bleubird James and A Beautiful Mess are having a joint garage sale in her living room.

I was a little surprised at how much I hate their taste.  Their last place was so small that I couldn't get a sense of their decorating style.  I figured they did some things simply because the space was small and there weren't a lot of options for furniture.  Like painting walls blue or green or painting the piano yellow.  The nursery was cluttered but the furniture was nice enough and the base was white.  But now that they have some space, and they chose to do this with it, I can see that their style is definitely Crayola vomit.  

October 12, 2017
2:06 pm
Dame Helen Chichester
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1034
Snarking Since:
February 11, 2013

I don't read this limp noodle anymore but I follow her on instagram, and I was excited to see pictures of their new apartment because the sneak previews were amazing. After her reading her post I have no regrets about missing out on her awful writing (truly awful), but I was surprised by just how bad the apartment reveal is. So bad!! Anthropologie is not to my personal taste, but I at least expected to see interesting pieces and a coherent design. Those pink chairs are terrible, the rug is terrible, the gallery wall is terrible, the bedroom is terrible, etc. I just think it looks so bad. And aside from that, they claim every room has to be kid-friendly… nothing says, "have fun, kids!" like a glass bar cart and brass floor lamp with large, delicate glass globes. And she goes on and on about this dumb chair of Josh's and then never shows a picture of it. Is she actually brain dead?

October 12, 2017
2:07 pm
Seriously13
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 371
Snarking Since:
August 16, 2015

Well, I will give them points for keeping the walls in the LR.neutral, so as not to detract from the beautiful woodwork and everything else going on. I like the mirror about the fireplace. I like all the greenery (though I would want live plants, and can't tell how the fake stuff looks IRL). And at least they are upfront about the Anthro sponsorship.

Hate, hate, hate the pink chairs. They would look good in a girl's studio apartment with a lot of white, but in the Derps' LR they just give me a headache.

Don't mind the accent wall or the green headboard, but hate the two together.

The place doesn't look like a comfy home, though, it looks like a set for OMG WE LIVE IN NYC! I see you, prints of the New Yorker "A New York view of the world," the NYC taxicab, the Manhattan skyline. And in case you didn't see those there's the photo of them reading "This Is New York." They're walking caricatures of New Yorkers at this point.

October 12, 2017
2:12 pm
Whatever Whatever
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 797
Snarking Since:
June 19, 2015

Anthropologie is in the tanker and one look at her apartment and it's crystal clear.  That is a vomit inducing room and it was styled and paid for by Anthro.  I have a headache just looking at it for two seconds online.  Can't imagine what it's like to live in the Taza Infomercial.

"i got an email from anthropologie saying they’d love to help us make this next space a home and i couldn’t write back fast enough. it’s no secret what a fan i am of all things anthropologie and we were thrilled to incorporate a few of their home pieces into our space as well as have their home personal styling team’s guidance as we brought it altogether. they recently launched their home personal styling service where you can work directly with one of their incredible stylists and we loved our experience. it was nice to have someone to bounce ideas off of."

If that was my business and my brand I would have scraped that post in two seconds.  Is anyone in charge at Anthropologie anymore?  Are there any adults in the room?  That place looks vile.

October 12, 2017
2:20 pm
pure caos
Feles Imperatrix
Snarking Since:
March 4, 2013

The thing is, I like a lot of Anthropologie's home furnishings.  I'd love to have them sponsor me a room.  They gave Amber Clark a bunch of furniture a year or so ago and it all looked amazing.  I'd love to have any of those pieces.  It all fit their space well too.  But the ones Naomi and Josh picked out are not my taste and they don't look good in that room.  

October 12, 2017
2:22 pm
alice
Meows: 12381
Snarking Since:
September 3, 2008

If the Anthro personal home styling service is putting together brown leather club sofas with Barbie Dream Apartment chairs, and navy walls with kelly green velvet tufted beds…hard pass. I'm sure they were desperately trying for whimsy or eccentricity but it just looks like a color blind 7 year old went wild with someone's credit card on Wayfair after a pinterest and red bull bender. 

October 12, 2017
2:30 pm
pure caos
Feles Imperatrix
Snarking Since:
March 4, 2013

alice meowed
If the Anthro personal home styling service is putting together brown leather club sofas with Barbie Dream Apartment chairs, and navy walls with kelly green velvet tufted beds…hard pass. I'm sure they were desperately trying for whimsy or eccentricity but it just looks like a color blind 7 year old went wild with someone's credit card on Wayfair after a pinterest and red bull bender. 

Lol maybe GoodJobConrad drank a 2 litre of Diet Coke and clicked all this up on Anthro's web site.  His mom and dad never tell him No, so … this is the room sani_elephantdance.

But to be fair to Anthropologie, Naomi and Josh had already decided the couch and rug were going in the room.  That's a tough starting point (I like the couch but it's a statement and it's a bit big for the space).  Then Josh insisted on the pepto pink mod chairs.  The tables, mirror and bar cart are all tasteful additions to the starting mess.  I don't know what else a stylist could have done to make the room work with those starters.  

OT, but I don't see that standing globe lamp lasting a year.  Someone is going to take it out with a light saber or something.

October 12, 2017
3:07 pm
I Carried a Watermelon
Hamcat
Meows: 81
Snarking Since:
March 30, 2012

OK, so my husband knows nothing about the mommy blogger world and has no idea who Derp and Nao-meee are. But sent him a link to this post to show him a gallery wall example (we're debating placement of some photos in our home). ANYWAY. This is his response:

It makes me want to slap Hipster Mom and Dad (and their precious, adorable kids!) around. Guess Wes Anderson finally started selling props from The Royal Tenenbaums to the public. Or maybe they just happen to be friends with Wes Anderson. I bet that family never has bacon egg and cheese sandwiches for dinner, and if they do, they know where the eggs and ham are sourced AND they’re good friends with the artisanal baker that made the bread especially for them from locally sourced grain. Also, I bet they’ve never dusted or run a vacuum cleaner. They let Marta their Peruvian (because Mexican is way too common for them) housekeeper do that for them.  

Nailed it.

October 12, 2017
3:12 pm
Decorate – Gitmo Style
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 477
Snarking Since:
January 7, 2015

pure caos meowed

alice meowed

Lol maybe GoodJobConrad drank a 2 litre of Diet Coke and clicked all this up on Anthro's web site.  His mom and dad never tell him No, so … this is the room sani_elephantdance.

But to be fair to Anthropologie, Naomi and Josh had already decided the couch and rug were going in the room.  That's a tough starting point (I like the couch but it's a statement and it's a bit big for the space).  Then Josh insisted on the pepto pink mod chairs.  The tables, mirror and bar cart are all tasteful additions to the starting mess.  I don't know what else a stylist could have done to make the room work with those starters.  

OT, but I don't see that standing globe lamp lasting a year.  Someone is going to take it out with a light saber or something.

Oh yeah, that lamp is a terrible choice for a family with lots of active kids. My parents had one nice fragile lamp and had to spend so much time reminding us not to break it – and that was in a two-story house! The $2,000 bar cart also seems like a bad option for Mormon who don't drink and have littles. 

The manic pops of color aren't trendy, but definitely on brand with Taza's taste. Papa Josh picked out the pink chair color after all! Their bedroom looks super tiny but I'm glad their main room isn't as claustrophobic anymore. 

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.