:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

Mix and Match Mama/Shay Shull
January 10, 2017
8:37 am
one in every color
Hamcat
Meows: 55
Snarking Since:
February 29, 2016

I believe her publicist has told her to attempt to be more relatable. All this time she has told us that adoption is a breeze but today we learn that little Madeley can throw one heck of a fit but only when she's hungry don't that's can be easily fixed. Sweet friends, per her staged Instagram video we see that her life gets noisy and messy too. Why they are such a fun family and they can prove it with they're wacky selfies where they make funny faces. She has started asking for advice and suggestions and that just isn't like her. Basically she has problems too just like us.

January 10, 2017
8:39 am
one in every color
Hamcat
Snarking Since:
February 29, 2016

I would love to edit my post but don't know how! Sorry!

January 10, 2017
8:40 am
one in every color
Hamcat
Snarking Since:
February 29, 2016

I would love to edit my post but don't know how! Sorry!chin

January 10, 2017
8:51 am
Worst screen name ever
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 422
Snarking Since:
August 19, 2013

yeah her asking her dear, sweet readers their opinions on mattresses wasn't shady at all.  she wouldn't ask for advice because she picks only the best and most qualified.  and then a few days later she posts the raw video of her kids being loud in the car.  dunno.  something is rotten in the state of denmark. 

maybe it's not the mattress, but the person sleeping in the bed, that is the issue.  heck she looks old enough to be entering menopause. 

January 10, 2017
9:45 am
Neutral Neurotic
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1373
Snarking Since:
December 27, 2014

Her commenters are worse because at least Shay has an awareness of what she is doing. They are sycophants. 

January 10, 2017
11:13 am
lowedown
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 297
Snarking Since:
April 29, 2014

I don't really understand the readers/fangirls who act like she's Jesus. I mean talk about worshipping… And for what? She's not a very nice person on the Internet. I don't know her in real life, but on her blog and social media, she's rude, smug, ignores questions, acts better than everyone, talks herself and her family up, and seems dishonest and disingenuous. You read the comments and people just worship every move she makes… Why? She's not giving anything back. She's not likeable on the Internet. I wish they would think about how weird it is to comment and worship her like she knows who they are, cares, or talks back. You are obsessed with someone you don't know because, why? She lives in a big house? Has all the clothes? Cute kids that she stages? Puts dinner on the table every night? (Lies). I get why people are interested in reading her- I find her oddness and lies and ability to portray perfection fascinating- but I don't get why they "love" HER so much.

January 10, 2017
12:43 pm
me me me me
Hamcat
Meows: 102
Snarking Since:
May 16, 2016

I find it funny that she was soliciting opinions on mattresses given how she barely sleeps.  Being up at 4:20am is basically the middle of the night, unless she is going to bed at 8pm…which is doubtful. confused 

January 10, 2017
2:14 pm
Matilda Jane
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 261
Snarking Since:
August 25, 2015

It was interesting to see Shay note that Madeley knows the sound a dog makes.  I used to have ESL students streamlined into my English classes and one of the "getting to know each other" activities was sharing what animals say in each of their languages with my English speakers.  For example a dog says "Wang Wang" in one of the languages…so we would laugh and say that animals speak foreign languages also.  It was a long time ago but the differences were marked and was interesting.

Madeley may know what sounds a lot of animals make but not necessarily in English.

January 10, 2017
2:20 pm
ShellBelle
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2017
Snarking Since:
October 29, 2012

lowedown meowed
I don't really understand the readers/fangirls who act like she's Jesus. I mean talk about worshipping… And for what? She's not a very nice person on the Internet. I don't know her in real life, but on her blog and social media, she's rude, smug, ignores questions, acts better than everyone, talks herself and her family up, and seems dishonest and disingenuous. You read the comments and people just worship every move she makes… Why? She's not giving anything back. She's not likeable on the Internet. I wish they would think about how weird it is to comment and worship her like she knows who they are, cares, or talks back. You are obsessed with someone you don't know because, why? She lives in a big house? Has all the clothes? Cute kids that she stages? Puts dinner on the table every night? (Lies). I get why people are interested in reading her- I find her oddness and lies and ability to portray perfection fascinating- but I don't get why they "love" HER so much.

I think Shay represents the fantasy that a "perfect" life is attainable. That's what the fangirls are loving so much – Shay's image, and the fact that they think this image is real…and therefore something they might be able to grasp for themselves someday, if they only eat what she eats, read what she reads, and wear what she wears.

They don't seem to see the truth. Or even question what Shay puts out there.

Look at today's post. Shay makes adoption sound like an absolute breeze, basically effortless, beyond (of course) the additional childcare responsibilities of adding a fourth kid to the family. I've never adopted, but unless Shay is miraculously lucky in a way that defies conventional adoption wisdom, she happened to end up with two super easy-going happy-go-lucky girls who fit seamlessly (she actually used this word today!) into their family. 

She makes adoption, something far from easy for the typical family, look simple. And fun. No wonder so many of her readers look up to her.

January 10, 2017
2:49 pm
Neutral Neurotic
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1373
Snarking Since:
December 27, 2014

Shay makes everything in life sound like a breeze. And frankly, she has had a very easy life compared to pretty much everyone else. She even still has three of her four grandparents, how many thirty-somethings can say that? I am only a few years older and my grandparents are long gone. My friends are starting to lose their parents.

I think that is what attracts the fangirls – obtaining the perfect life. 

January 10, 2017
3:25 pm
lowedown
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 297
Snarking Since:
April 29, 2014

I get all that, but what makes them like HER as a person? They can want her life #goals and all that, but they act like she's their best friend who they love and adore. The comments.. It's so bizarre.

January 10, 2017
3:55 pm
ShellBelle
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2017
Snarking Since:
October 29, 2012

lowedown meowed
I get all that, but what makes them like HER as a person? They can want her life #goals and all that, but they act like she's their best friend who they love and adore. The comments.. It's so bizarre.

I actually think her fangirls connect with her in such a personal way because of her writing style.

I know people rag on Shay's writing…and I agree it's not particularly brilliant…but it does have a certain folksy, girlfriend-y flair. Although her whole internet presence, basically, is about showing off her superiority, and although she frequently talks down to her readers, she also says things in a way that makes her seem accessible, personable, and fun. 

If you are someone who unquestioningly envies Shay's seemingly easy life and looks up to her, I can see why you'd reach out and try to interact with her. Feeling like you're Shay's friend might be the first step to attaining what she has.

January 10, 2017
4:09 pm
i covet your comments
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 980
Snarking Since:
May 23, 2015

Whenever Shay posts about her kids and what they do during the day, it always makes me sad because of how often it seems that the kids "find" her or she finds them. AKA they are not spending much actual TIME together. I think I have posted about this before, sorry if I have; it just makes me very sad for the kids and their narcissistic mother.

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.