:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

Mix and Match Mama/Shay Shull
January 11, 2017
12:25 pm
Worst screen name ever
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 447
Snarking Since:
August 19, 2013

I was adopted and let me tell you: Nothing. NOTHING can change a child wanting to know their birth mother. And answer all the WHY questions. Why did you abandon me? Why was I not good enough for you? Why Why Why.

Shady does not have the emotional depth to be able to MOTHER those girls the way they will need it when these questions come around. Glad Shady has the $$$$ to pay for adoption, too bad she doesn't have the heart to be a mom. Money can't buy being a mom.  Selling a cookbook doesn't make you a mom. Volunteering doesn't make you a mom. Blogging for sure doesn't make you mother material.  Being raw, unfiltered, unconventionally and unequivocally loving and putting your children first makes you a mom. 

Hunter boots, NYC trips, gym daycare outings and redecorating a room to make it 2 stories does not make you a mom. It makes you a disneyland mom.  Good Luck with life and here's to 2017 and being intentional about your time on Instagram. 

January 11, 2017
12:32 pm
SoManyHats
Hamcat
Meows: 160
Snarking Since:
April 26, 2013

i covet your comments meowed
Whenever Shay posts about her kids and what they do during the day, it always makes me sad because of how often it seems that the kids "find" her or she finds them. AKA they are not spending much actual TIME together. I think I have posted about this before, sorry if I have; it just makes me very sad for the kids and their narcissistic mother.

I HATE this! I don't have children yet but often watch my niece and the amount of time she is just "finding" her 2 year old is startling. Yes, my niece of the same age can play quietly in a safe room while I run to the bathroom or make dinner and keep checking on her. But I KNOW where she is. It's not like Shay describes of, "I went into my closet and SURPRISE! Here's that 2 year old of mine!". eek

And agreed- when she says it about the older kids I just feel bad they aren't spending time with mom. I thought she woke up at 4am so she could get her work done and be with them all day? What is she doing? We know it's not cleaning her house!

January 11, 2017
12:47 pm
ineedabiggerhulahoop
Hamcat
Meows: 173
Snarking Since:
May 6, 2015

I really hope she continues blogging as the kids become teenagers because HOW is she going to spin that?! I have a teenager and it is HARD!! I see Shay having a complete breakdown because she won't be able to control them and they aren't going to want all their personal details on the internet. For her kid's sake, I hope they remain close to their grandparents and Uncle because I agree…. She has zero emotional depth. They are going to need someone to talk to.

January 11, 2017
1:06 pm
The BEST
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1546
Snarking Since:
December 27, 2014

Not only does she have zero emotional depth but both her and Shiny have very rigid, narrow views on … well, everything. Name a topic and you can find some sort of evidence on the blog or social media from the both of them on what they think about it (ie Shiny's views on how to work out and how everyone else but him and his workout buddy is doing it wrong). What if Kensington is not a workout nut? What if Ashby develops a weight problem? What if Smith struggles with his faith? What if Madeley doesn't want to have children of her own? Its going to get real when Shay can't control them anymore. 

January 11, 2017
1:16 pm
quirkcatz
Cat
Meows: 31
Snarking Since:
January 11, 2017

There is no way her husband is not gay. None. S

January 11, 2017
2:10 pm
ShellBelle
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2017
Snarking Since:
October 29, 2012

I always chuckle when Shay lists "travel agent" among the things that make her such a "busy lady." Her supposed travel agency has some of the oddest business practices. Like, for the longest time, she wasn't even accepting any clients at all. Then, when she finally was open for business, it was strictly to a particular destination or type of vacation (Disney cruise). On top of all that, she charges a flat fee (of $300 or so?) when every other travel agent either does it for free (Disney itself offers this service) or collects their commissions from the companies themselves.

What sort of business is Shay's travel agency, and how much time might she even spend on this stuff? Is there any other travel agent on the planet who pre-selects a destination and only plans trips for clients willing to go to this destination? Isn't the whole purpose of using a generic travel agency to tell THEM where you're wanting to go and have them work on your behalf, to YOUR specifications? 

So puzzling! 

For that matter, so is her new gig of public speaker. How often does she go places to speak?

January 11, 2017
2:41 pm
stuffed elephant in the room
Hamcat
Meows: 119
Snarking Since:
May 16, 2016

Along those same lines, aside from the Disney Cruise she went on, has she been to a Disney park in the last 5 (10?) years?  I just don't get how she can zero in on such a specific location without having even been there in recent years.  We have friends that are Orlando locals and go a few times a year and they offer us advice when we do go, But Shady doesn't strike me as someone who would have a lot to offer, aside from where the Louis Vuitton stores are located.

January 11, 2017
3:13 pm
The BEST
Feline Porklord
Snarking Since:
December 27, 2014

Google says that it has been five years since she was at Disney World. Yes, that is exactly who I want planning my expensive Disney vacation. They did not even have Magic Bands last time she was there. 

January 11, 2017
4:03 pm
Matilda Jane
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 287
Snarking Since:
August 25, 2015

I had a different perspective when reading about the adoptive twins reunion.  Can you imagine if Ashby or Madeley were a twin?  Would Shay "allow" them to meet?  Would she share the spotlight with the other family?  Then, it would be another competition on a whole different level.  The Shull adoption would have to be more perfect than the other one…her child more developed, cuter etc.

I would feel sorry for the other family.

January 11, 2017
4:06 pm
Worst screen name ever
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 447
Snarking Since:
August 19, 2013

oh dear. she will never, ever go to disneyworld.  look at her travel style: she doesn't like group tours, and they like to do their own thing.  Their "own thing" dear, sweet readers is walking aimlessly around to say they saw [insert famous landmark], but not actually experiencing the landmark.  So how in the would could she handle disneyworld because a)the damn lines b)it's not a vacation where you lock children into the stroller and not let them out for 5 hours c)the damn lines d)you actually have to participate in said activity at disneyworld e)everyone else has children there.  her's wouldn't be the special snowflakes. 

yeah take your kids to see the fjords and they will be happy to play on a playground.  take them to disneyworld…and they will want to do 5,000 things. 

January 11, 2017
4:29 pm
The BEST
Feline Porklord
Snarking Since:
December 27, 2014

Worst screen name ever meowed
oh dear. she will never, ever go to disneyworld.  look at her travel style: she doesn't like group tours, and they like to do their own thing.  Their "own thing" dear, sweet readers is walking aimlessly around to say they saw [insert famous landmark], but not actually experiencing the landmark.  So how in the would could she handle disneyworld because a)the damn lines b)it's not a vacation where you lock children into the stroller and not let them out for 5 hours c)the damn lines d)you actually have to participate in said activity at disneyworld e)everyone else has children there.  her's wouldn't be the special snowflakes. 

yeah take your kids to see the fjords and they will be happy to play on a playground.  take them to disneyworld…and they will want to do 5,000 things. 

Nailed it. 

And of course last time she took her kids to Disney they were not old enough to actually ride any rides. Why in the world would anyone want to take WDW travel advice from her?

She really is a control freak, she won't even do a group tour? 

Shay likes to talk about how crazy and zany she is, and to be honest, I do think she is an odd duck but not for the reasons that she puts out there. Her extreme type A tendencies are bizarre.

January 11, 2017
4:37 pm
emme

I think Shay sees type A as a positive thing. I'm thinking about the gingerbread house group project with "four type A's" participating.

January 11, 2017
6:42 pm
Colonel Mustard is My Decorator
Cat
Meows: 46
Snarking Since:
June 24, 2016

Waking up early seems to be Shay's catch-all for how she manages to do everything.  However when she shows us what she does before the kids wake up in her "day in the life" posts those hours seem to be filled with her watching a tv show, reading her bible, posting to the blog and then going to the kitchen to unload the dishwasher.  These are all nice things to get out of the way before the kids wake up, but it's not exactly the Super Woman levels of organization and time management that she is claiming to have. 

Did you read poor Erica's post about her goals?  Everything she listed could be achieved if only she could wake up earlier.  Shay seems to have convinced everyone around her that all of their personal failures (and of course her superiority) is based on the time that they wake up. 

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.