:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

Veronika's Blushing
January 16, 2017
12:29 pm
Sey La V
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 331
Snarking Since:
August 14, 2013

The living room chairs are too big for the sofa, and really the whole room. The sofa needs to be more substantial, maybe with a higher back. I would have done a sofa with a chaise, and two smaller chairs on the left. The chairs on either side of the sofa don't look right, and they are too big to sit next to each other. Also the new table under the TV is not any better. The black hole TV floating on the wall would look better grounded with a darker piece under it, the white table just disappears. I get she is trying to be monochromatic, but that is very hard to pull off. It is much easier to do all the colors. She really needs more thoughtful texture, pattern, and shine.

The dining room table is too big. The chair against the wall cannot be used, the table practically touches its back. She should either turn the table back and just have someone center the light, or get a new smaller one. And get new chairs.

January 16, 2017
12:43 pm
bizliz
Hamcat
Meows: 171
Snarking Since:
March 19, 2012

While I'm b***hing, one more thing. Someone asked her the other day (on her January 7 Instagram shot of her playroom) why she sits in the back of the car with her kids. Her answer was that since she works 40 hours a week and her kids are in daycare, she sits with them so they can see her more. What a martyr. Is she always going to sit in the back and have Kevin chauffeur the three of them around town? I'm guessing she and Kevin have nothing to talk about so she doesn't want to sit by him and she wants the head pats for being such a good mommy and so attentive to her kids.

January 16, 2017
3:24 pm
Fat Dash
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 212
Snarking Since:
April 6, 2013

I know the designer friend did what she could with the existing and I think it's much better. She made some poor decisions in her furniture and decor.  She has no vision, just buying up the blogger furniture/decor du jour and trying to mesh it together.   

They need a round pedestal dining table.  I'd get rid of the bamboo chairs and get one more of the upholstered chairs.  She said they are changing the light fixture so something more substantial would look better with the round table and the big upholstered chairs and not disappear in the same color walls like the current one does. 

I'd also get the side chairs in the living room reupholstered in a fabric with a pattern.  Something to tie in the sofa.  Too blah as is.  And get rid of the jute rug and put a nice complementary rug there.  I can't determine if her style is natural or polished and pretty with those jute rugs vs everything else.     

January 16, 2017
3:45 pm
Here here here here here here and here
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 274
Snarking Since:
January 17, 2014

The jute rugs look awful with all of the cool gray colors she uses. She should put the bamboo accent chairs on a 45. Everything looks so boxy.

What is she planning to do with the awkward empty space next to their living area? Just put the 2 sad RH child chairs there?

January 16, 2017
4:26 pm
RandomB***hyCommenter
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 244
Snarking Since:
November 24, 2011

1234ABC meowed
She needs some side tables or coffee table with the living room set up and it may look a little bit better, some real art on the wall instead of some cheap gallery wall would look nice as well.

The bamboo chairs or the dining room table have to go, they don't look good together at all. I would probably have 6 of the upholstered chairs at the table, 3 new each side. The table is too big to fit chairs at the end.

She's just eying to fit too many trendy pieces into the room instead of going for an overall look. She has to have spent thousands by this point….

Came to say this exactly!

It would be better if she just got rid of the bamboo chairs. Not like they ever eat at that table anyway…

January 16, 2017
4:55 pm
willblogformoney
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1401
Snarking Since:
March 10, 2015

I will post this again because i think this is her style and would look good in her place

She needs to add in a bit of color as well. Those side chairs should be turned in facing the tv a bit. THe rug needs to go and be replaced with a soft, warm welcoming rug. That jute is harsh looking and doesn't go with anything else. i like the tv stand better than the last small odd dresser she tried to work there for ever. However, the tv is now the focal point. I would paint that wall black to hide the tv some and put white curtains or some with a light pattern to brighten and keep it soft. I put a large indoor plant to the left of the TV and some large scale art with a light focussing on it. I don't remember their floor plan but i think there is room. I would also maybe have some informal seating and a table in between 2 chairs. That room is long enough to support it. She needs to define that space better. Even a book shelf and comfy chair there would give it a purpose. 

The table in the dinning needs to be round. If not, like others have said she NEEDS to remove those end chairs. They don't fit no matter how you position that table and look cheap and odd with her set up. 

January 16, 2017
8:47 pm
snarkstress
Hamcat
Meows: 151
Snarking Since:
September 11, 2014

bizliz meowed

While I'm b***hing, one more thing. Someone asked her the other day (on her January 7 Instagram shot of her playroom) why she sits in the back of the car with her kids. Her answer was that since she works 40 hours a week and her kids are in daycare, she sits with them so they can see her more. What a martyr. Is she always going to sit in the back and have Kevin chauffeur the three of them around town? I'm guessing she and Kevin have nothing to talk about so she doesn't want to sit by him and she wants the head pats for being such a good mommy and so attentive to her kids.

Hahahhahaha what?! This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I thought she did it maybe to keep her kids entertained on long trips or something but JC, she does that all the time?! Man, I'm a terrible mother for letting my kids sit in the back by themselves. Call CPS. uh

January 16, 2017
10:32 pm
starcruster
Feline Porklord
Meows: 2123
Snarking Since:
March 28, 2013

How about get your head out of your phone, and then the kids would see you even *more*.

January 17, 2017
9:40 am
laughingalot
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1536
Snarking Since:
December 19, 2012

Does she even go on date nights with her husband?! And can she stop shilling the sweaters!!! We get it it's 50 in Texas you're cold.

January 17, 2017
10:15 am
bizliz
Hamcat
Meows: 171
Snarking Since:
March 19, 2012

It's in the 70s in Houston and has been. She said not wearing those sweaters. She just wants other people to buy them so she can get paid.

January 17, 2017
2:23 pm
Boring Basic Dummy Who Sweats A Lot
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 746
Snarking Since:
April 10, 2013

laughingalot meowed

Does she even go on date nights with her husband?! And can she stop shilling the sweaters!!! We get it it's 50 in Texas you're cold.

Well, she could go out with Kevin, but she's a working mom. Her kids go to daycare, y'all! So they need every possible second with her phone (um, I mean with her) to make up for that.yadayada

January 18, 2017
12:45 am
1234ABC
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 353
Snarking Since:
February 23, 2014

hi-103 Hi V!! How convenient that you post a video of you playing with the kids on the floor after getting called out here for sitting behind your phone so much….

January 18, 2017
5:38 am
laughingalot
Feline Porklord
Meows: 1536
Snarking Since:
December 19, 2012

Ok I doubt Kevin secretly filmed her. She is addicted to her phone…and before the phone she was addicted to message boards and anything online. Amd the ring stacks!!! Ugggg! Just wear your wedding set!

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.