:

—  —

— Match —

—  —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters – maximum search word length is 84 characters

Hungry Runner Girl
January 21, 2017
10:16 am
lurkingfordays
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 210
Snarking Since:
May 9, 2012

milodon meowed

starcruster meowed

For me, the only weird part of the post is that her sister apparently works out with ALL that hair just loose and flying everywhere. Crazy.

Right?! That would drive me nuts. And with my luck I'd end up with my hair stuck in a weight machine.

Thank you. Except I don't believe at all that she works out with her hair loose and completely styled. Those are glamour shots for the blog so whatever. Things like that contribute to the overly fakey-fake feel of the blog and the guest posts. I don't blame her for wanting to look good in gym photos but it's like come on.. If you're going to those lengths then I'm not really interested in whatever fake tips you have to impart. 

I liked the Megan guest post because it seems more real and HRG mom is sweet but to me the sister is just as vapid and empty as Janae. I don't side eye the 90 min for sanity thing but I also kind of want to yawn. I don't really care that you're super in lifting weights. Yay? Not being mean but the sister adds nothing to the blog IMO.

January 21, 2017
10:25 am
whatthewhattttt
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 446
Snarking Since:
July 9, 2014

Ok I don't begrudge her one bit for using the 90 minutes of childcare. And if it's to explain how she gets her training in for a specific event, ok. I was feeling like a fat cow for being all proud of my much less intense workouts.

January 21, 2017
10:03 pm
Reusable Garmin Picture
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 278
Snarking Since:
November 8, 2011

whatthewhattttt meowed

Ok I don't begrudge her one bit for using the 90 minutes of childcare. And if it's to explain how she gets her training in for a specific event, ok. I was feeling like a fat cow for being all proud of my much less intense workouts.

My gym allows me 2 hours and I feel squeezed for time every single time. Mind you I only use gym childcare on weekends, but I found the sprinting to the childcare center to be totally relatable chair

January 22, 2017
4:21 am
ranch-dipped part skim cheese
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 440
Snarking Since:
April 18, 2012

I know they were on a budget but I got major lols they went all the way to Hawaii to go on runs, take naps, and eat grilled cheese they made themselves.  Guess the weather was better and there was a beach, at least 🙂 

January 22, 2017
12:32 pm
JustSmileAndNod
Hamcat
Meows: 169
Snarking Since:
December 30, 2016

Why are the beaches so empty ? I only ever see their family? I've never been to Hawaii, so is that normal for the beaches to have such a private feel ?

January 22, 2017
4:41 pm
runningforfun
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 714
Snarking Since:
June 4, 2014

JustSmileAndNod meowed

Why are the beaches so empty ? I only ever see their family? I've never been to Hawaii, so is that normal for the beaches to have such a private feel ?

I think they are on the East side of Oahu. It is not nearly as populated as the West side of the island. The beaches are soft white sand with beautiful water. It is A LOT more windy and there is not a lot to do. There are only a few resorts and next to no night life. I wouldn't like it but since Janae and Andrew don't party and enjoy a night life, I can see why it would be attractive to them. I also think they are staying with family or friends??

January 22, 2017
6:29 pm
photoshoplies
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 464
Snarking Since:
July 29, 2015

runningforfun meowed

JustSmileAndNod meowed

I think they are on the East side of Oahu. It is not nearly as populated as the West side of the island. The beaches are soft white sand with beautiful water. It is A LOT more windy and there is not a lot to do. There are only a few resorts and next to no night life. I wouldn't like it but since Janae and Andrew don't party and enjoy a night life, I can see why it would be attractive to them. I also think they are staying with family or friends??

Yeah, I think he has a brother in Hawaii?

January 23, 2017
10:58 am
screech
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 413
Snarking Since:
April 26, 2015

I'm really baffled by the fact that she never visited the beaches in the Hawaii when she went to school there. WHAT? Like…just. does. not. compute. It's not even like she's someone who doesn't enjoy beaches — she claims to love them. I just don't get it.

January 23, 2017
11:07 am
lurkingfordays
Baroness of Ham
Meows: 210
Snarking Since:
May 9, 2012

I don't really blame people that want to spend their vacation on the beach, doing little else. Everyone vacations differently and I guess if that's how they feel relaxed then ok. I kind of want to laugh because I don't really see their life of no structured jobs as all that stressful but what do I know? I do know it makes for boring ass content on her blog as with everything with her lately. idontknow

Also she's a classic type of person that says she loves all the things that she -thinks- she should – staying in, eating healthy, taking rest days, etc but I swear she's some step ford wife wannabe and has very few opinions/likes of her own and just parrots what's around her. I mean left to her own devices she'd just eat cafe rio everyday and likely never go anywhere beyond 10 minutes to her parents home.

January 24, 2017
10:11 pm
Smurf
Count de Meowmy
Meows: 649
Snarking Since:
September 3, 2012

runningforfun meowed

JustSmileAndNod meowed

This is reversed. West side of O'ahu is not nearly as populated as the East Side. East side and North Shore have all of the tourist destinations.

Source: have worked in Hawai'i for years

January 25, 2017
12:01 pm
mortalcoil
Hamcat
Meows: 87
Snarking Since:
June 1, 2016

I understand bloggers not wanting to politicize their blogs or get into a lot of highly charged issues that might alienate portions of their readership, especially when their blogs are monetized, but with everything going on in the US in the last few weeks I just literally cannot read HRG's self-centered, pointless, inane blathering about what she f**king eats and how much Andrew likes pizza and omg whether she sleeps on her side or her stomach. For f**k's sake. It makes me sick to my stomach, her sheltered bubble of a world. 

January 25, 2017
2:25 pm
Snarkplane
Hamcat
Meows: 99
Snarking Since:
April 2, 2014

Personally, I prefer that bloggers keep politics out of their blogs. If I wanted to read someone's opinion on current news events, I would go to a political site.

I read HRG for running and fluff, and while I still shake my head on her quick marriage I'm happy not to have her try to preach politics to me.

January 25, 2017
3:40 pm
just a girl
Cat
Meows: 24
Snarking Since:
February 24, 2014

Snarkplane meowed
Personally, I prefer that bloggers keep politics out of their blogs. If I wanted to read someone's opinion on current news events, I would go to a political site.

I read HRG for running and fluff, and while I still shake my head on her quick marriage I'm happy not to have her try to preach politics to me.

bandwagon

Want fast, ad-free forums? Click here!

↑ Back to Top ↑

Please read and abide by GOMIBLOG’s Comment Policy.

Opinions expressed by forum commentators are their own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the site admins or GOMIBLOG. GOMIBLOG makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this forum and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use.

For technical issues/ad complaints, please click here for the contact form.